The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 4 May 2019, 08:34 PM   #31
karasus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Royal Oak
15400ST looks like a big Royal Oak. 15500 looks like an Offshore went on a diet... Honestly the 15500ST looks bigger than my 25721ST 42mm offshore and I'm almost sure that it wears larger looking at the case construction.
karasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 09:17 PM   #32
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
Incoming 15500 Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by APAP View Post
Yes sure; ‘special occasion’ of someone offering a higher price down the road.

Other members maybe too nice to say it, but you strike me as a flipper. No question about it.
Yep, we all remember this post. Stickers were coming off in January! Not...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...3&share_type=t
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 10:08 PM   #33
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:

Other members maybe too nice to say it, but you strike me as a flipper. No question about it.
Come on that’s not fair. He has only listed a blnr, lv, 15400 and 15500 in the last month.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 10:56 PM   #34
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Keep the blue
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 11:11 PM   #35
APAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Come on that’s not fair. He has only listed a blnr, lv, 15400 and 15500 in the last month.
Each of which is awaiting its special occasion of the momentous event of a blessed transaction.
APAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 11:41 PM   #36
calatravato
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5711/1a-011
Congrats on the new arrival!
Evaluating the two models on their merits alone (not market factors), I like the shorter hour markers of the 15500, but I do agree that there is a bit of a void without the AUTOMATIC printed on the lower half of the dial.

Either way, you win. Blue dials are really hot, and nobody does them like AP.
Old 5 May 2019, 12:14 AM   #37
Hauxrologist
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few :)
Incoming 15500 Blue

Quote:

You’re the type of lad who will find something to complain about just for the sake of it. Mad that it’s listed, mad that it’s withdrawn.
Try to enjoy your Saturday my friend, all the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hauxrologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2019, 12:16 AM   #38
Hauxrologist
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horolojust View Post
If it was blue 15400 vs blue 15500, I’d suggested 15400. But in your case, blue 15500 all the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would have been cut & dry, I agree. I’m still sad to let the 15400 black go, but I don’t anticipate it to be something I’ll regret

Old 5 May 2019, 12:18 AM   #39
Hauxrologist
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwho? View Post
I would throw the 15500 in the bin! These fat indices and hands are disgusting... following a dial with emptiness. 15202, nothing else! Even the 15400 with its small sized movement is more attractive.

Initially you couldn’t be further from my pre-release thoughts. My boutique told me I should have a 15202 soon. That may complicate things a bit but I feel like it wears completely different than a 15400/500 and don’t see too much overlap.

Old 5 May 2019, 12:22 AM   #40
Hauxrologist
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexZen View Post
Yep, we all remember this post. Stickers were coming off in January! Not...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...3&share_type=t

I actually paid for the blue dial ~two weeks after getting the black, but they promised a late summer delivery window. Blue came unexpectedly early.

It’s funny seeing this tight-knit community grab a pitch fork and assemble a lynch mob after making assumption after assumption, each requiring a leap of faith. Incredulous stuff. All the well, a few bitter individuals can’t take away from the overall amazing community built within these walls.

Old 5 May 2019, 12:23 AM   #41
Hauxrologist
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calatravato View Post
Congrats on the new arrival!

Evaluating the two models on their merits alone (not market factors), I like the shorter hour markers of the 15500, but I do agree that there is a bit of a void without the AUTOMATIC printed on the lower half of the dial.

Either way, you win. Blue dials are really hot, and nobody does them like AP.

Thank you, thank you Calatravato. I’ve decided to keep the 15500 blue and deal with the hour markers in exchange for the gorgeous, special dial.

Old 5 May 2019, 12:23 AM   #42
Hauxrologist
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust View Post
Keep the blue

Done

Old 5 May 2019, 12:29 AM   #43
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoleMan View Post
All your assumptions will lead you astray. The reality is that I like to purchase a watch to commemorate a special occasion, not just to purchase a watch. This way it has far more meaning than just being an expensive piece of jewelry. The only problem is, the current watch market doesn't allow me to stroll into my boutique or AD when I have a deal or ceremonious occasion to celebrate.

On the contrary, I receive a call and am made to make the decision on the spot. Once I purchase it, if I have nothing at the time to mark the occasion, I keep them boxed up until I have a reason to justify that purchase. I'll then unwrap, get it sized, and celebrate over dinner. Call it weird, odd, whatever- I don't care.

Each has his own outlook, but I realize how incredibly fortunate I am to purchase these watches on a whim, and because of that I never want them to lose the meaning these purchases can/should have. This is my way of cementing that never changes. I just did the same thing with a recently acquired Rolex. And it makes it SO much more enjoyable to wear for me. Your mileage may vary.
Time to put the waders on, its getting deep in here.
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2019, 12:34 AM   #44
Jinson
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Older GMTs & Subs
You made the right decision to keep the blue. Enjoy it ... it will be very hard to obtain later and you save yourself the machinations of asking why did I sell. It's beautiful!
Jinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2019, 12:34 AM   #45
Hauxrologist
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JJ View Post
Time to put the waders on, its getting deep in here.

On the contrary, it’s just a few people upset with the current market conditions mad that someone would charge over list price if trading towards a different watch. In reality, they would do the same. When I sold my used batman to a trusted seller, he offered and paid me above list. Very few people would refuse to sell it above MSRP. I will never apologize for that

Old 5 May 2019, 12:35 AM   #46
Hauxrologist
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinson View Post
You made the right decision to keep the blue. Enjoy it ... it will be very hard to obtain later and you save yourself the machinations of asking why did I sell. It's beautiful!

Indeed Jinson, a big part of my decision was that this wouldn’t be easy to replace

Old 5 May 2019, 03:23 AM   #47
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
Incoming 15500 Blue

Quote:
I actually paid for the blue dial ~two weeks after getting the black, but they promised a late summer delivery window. Blue came unexpectedly early.

It’s funny seeing this tight-knit community grab a pitch fork and assemble a lynch mob after making assumption after assumption, each requiring a leap of faith. Incredulous stuff. All the well, a few bitter individuals can’t take away from the overall amazing community built within these walls.

No pitchfork. You are free to do what you want, but you asked for opinions. I think you should sell both ROs because you are enjoying profiteering more than owning and wearing these in-demand watches. I’m not condemning you for doing so, but some of us congratulated your recent incomings and probably won’t do so on your next one. ;-)

Personally, I have a Jumbo and was offered a spot on the waitlist for the 15500 on day one. I was tempted but passed because, beyond having a desire-able piece that I could flip easily, I did not really want one. But that’s just me.
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 02:21 AM   #48
APAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you, thank you Calatravato. I’ve decided to keep the 15500 blue and deal with the hour markers in exchange for the gorgeous, special dial.

So both blue and black are back on the market now. I guess their special days of getting sold are approaching fast.
APAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 05:01 AM   #49
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I’d keep the 15500 myself. As an added bonus you might avoid getting blacklisted by the boutique if that matters. To some it doesn’t and that fine by me.

Very good point.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 05:03 AM   #50
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
Personally I'd have thought the blue 15500 would stand out a mile, its a beautiful piece and I think the loss of AUTOMATIC an advantage to the design.

It's none of my business, but I think its not ideal to take the watch, which must have a list, and then look at immediately selling it on. And your 15400 seems to also be unworn still with plastic too...

My thoughts too.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 04:08 AM   #51
RUpanerai
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pam Patek Rolex AP
Congrats man - enjoy the piece.
RUpanerai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 02:48 PM   #52
mrboon
"TRF" Member

so classy, I like it
mrboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 03:37 AM   #53
hdfb910
"TRF" Member

I’d keep the 15500 Blue

Patek Philippe 5711/1A-010, Patek Philippe 5170G, Patek Philippe 5227R, Audemar Piguet 15400or, Audemar Piguet 15707ce, Audemar Piguet 26331IP, Audemar 15500 Blue dial, Rolex Pepsi 16710, Rolex Sub 116619LB (Smurf) F.P Journe Platinum Chronometre Souverain, Old School Breitling SuperOcean A17360, Jaeger LeCoultre Geophysic Tru Seconds

Instagram: @donpedro_007
hdfb910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 05:54 AM   #54
SMD
"TRF" Member

Guys you have to keep up, they are both back up for sale. The watches, both of them, are back on the market. Stickers were never removed. These were always meant to be flips not personal pieces.
Old 27 June 2019, 09:16 AM   #55
Hauxrologist
2024 Pledge Member

Incoming 15500 Blue

Quote:
Guys you have to keep up, they are both back up for sale. The watches, both of them, are back on the market. Stickers were never removed. These were always meant to be flips not personal pieces.

If you read the for sale post, you’d see I was recently diagnosed with a disease and I’m selling to cover experimental treatment that insurance declined to cover as the success rate isn’t high enough for them to deem it worthy.

I’m doing everything I can to beat this, and if that means selling two watches I haven’t worn yet, yes I will do it. Frankly, at this moment, any current interest in material goods has waned.

It is unfortunate that someone like you who pains so much to be right, and wants to shed a negative light on someone they don't know on an online forum so badly, that they act in such an eager, assumptive manner.

If you're really have such a cynical outlook on life/people- PM me and I’d gladly show you a letter from my hospital stating insurance has declined a necessary treatment...maybe you’d learn from it. People make mistakes- though it is a sad world when people act in a manner they would be embarrassed of in-person just because they’re operating under the benefit of online anonymity

Old 27 June 2019, 11:52 AM   #56
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If you read the for sale post, you’d see I was recently diagnosed with a disease and I’m selling to cover experimental treatment that insurance declined to cover as the success rate isn’t high enough for them to deem it worthy.

I’m doing everything I can to beat this, and if that means selling two watches I haven’t worn yet, yes I will do it. Frankly, at this moment, any current interest in material goods has waned.

It is unfortunate that someone like you who pains so much to be right, and wants to shed a negative light on someone they don't know on an online forum so badly, that they act in such an eager, assumptive manner.

If you're really have such a cynical outlook on life/people- PM me and I’d gladly show you a letter from my hospital stating insurance has declined a necessary treatment...maybe you’d learn from it. People make mistakes- though it is a sad world when people act in a manner they would be embarrassed of in-person just because they’re operating under the benefit of online anonymity

Simply responded to the watch being relisted with stickers still intact. Nothing above was detailed other than health issue back on the market. Best wishes.
Old 27 June 2019, 02:11 PM   #57
Hauxrologist
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Simply responded to the watch being relisted with stickers still intact. Nothing above was detailed other than health issue back on the market. Best wishes.
Thank you for the well wishes, it is appreciated.