The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 1 July 2010, 09:04 AM   #1
tomallen
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex SubC,GMTIIC
Seamaster Pro bezel removal

I just had my Sea master Pro serviced and the bracelet rebuilt to the tune of $500.00 usd. The watch looks brand new except for the scratched and dinged up bezel insert. I requested a new bezel insert but they would only replace the whole assembly for another 300.00. I located a new bezel complete with click spring and was wondering if it is as easy as a Rolex Sub bezel to replace or am I asking for trouble? It is a full size blue face with a case ref 168 1623. Any input will be appreciated.
tomallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2010, 03:37 AM   #2
PBL

Tom:

The Omega bezel is much harder to remove. I would not attempt it without the proper tool. The proper bezel remover you would need cost more than a bezel.

You can purchase a bezel from Ofrei.com and have a good watchmaker do the swap. I would not try it on my own and I am not afraid to try things like this. Instead I waited for an extra 4 weeks to pass for the service center to get one in when my Seamaster Pro was serviced.

Good Luck!

Bruce
PBL is offline   Reply With Quote