The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 20 October 2016, 12:05 AM   #31
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
If resale value is your primary concern, then LV is a better bet. Chanel is definitely the higher-end brand, though.
Agreed
Old 20 October 2016, 10:32 AM   #32
andromeda160
Banned

Watch: Rolex Oyster
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr-nyc View Post
Well, considering we were discussing Chanel at department stores vs boutiques - you completely switched topics to an off 5th outlet store...

Nevermind. Even Saks won't put their old Canel in their off 5th outlet. Because they don't need to. An employee will buy it before sending it to an outlet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It ends up in Neimans and saks outlets more than you think.

But enjoy the Kool Aid at the Boutique
Old 20 October 2016, 11:08 AM   #33
Dyim
"TRF" Member

Hermes birkin or Kelly if you get it from the store. Grey market mark up is like daytona C.

If fact, getting them from the store is like getting daytona C from an AD. You need purchase history before being 'offered' a B/K.
Old 20 October 2016, 11:20 AM   #34
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Chanel Purses

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda160 View Post
It ends up in Neimans and saks outlets more than you think.

But enjoy the Kool Aid at the Boutique

It may be the case but I really don't care but I highly doubt it. You made the claim that Chanel destroys more bags than I think and now you're claiming more Chanel bags make it to the outlets than I think. I'd bet $100 that you're wrong. Post a pic of a Chanel bag at a Saks outlet

Like I said, the department stores are the ones allowed to discount Chanel at the end of the season. Saks and Neimans have outrageous sales especially their final markdowns. If they can't sell a Chanel bag at 75% off and they end up sending it to an outlet, their market has really taken a dump.

Koop aid? You made an incorrect statement about Chanel and have since adding arguments to prove a point that has yet to be made.

I see that you like to get bent out of shape when things don't go you're way. Perhaps you didn't get enough participation trophies?

Old 20 October 2016, 11:28 AM   #35
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
I'll let my wife know to throw out the window her Kelly and Birkins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
remember these two letters L V, everything else throw out the window in terms of holding value.
Old 20 October 2016, 11:37 AM   #36
andromeda160
Banned

Watch: Rolex Oyster
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr-nyc View Post
It may and I really don't care and you're making a claim you couldn't back up with proof. Like I said, the department stores are the ones discounting Chanel. If they choose to send it to their outlet, they must have a poor market. Saks and Neimans have outrageous sales especially their final markdowns. If they can't sell a Chanel bag at 75% off, their market has really taken a dump.

Koop aid? You made an incorrect statement about Chanel and have since adding arguments to prove a point that has yet to be made.

I see that you like to get bent out of shape when things don't go you're way. Perhaps you didn't get enough participation trophies?

Making a claim I couldn't back up with proof? If I took a stroll into neimans or saks today i'm sure I could find a piece of chanel on clearance, no need to waste my time. Ive had family members purchase Chanel at significant clearance prices from both outlets. I've never said chanel handbags were selling at 75% less retail. The Original OP asked if Chanel handbags were a good investment, I simply said no, and that I believe chanel is falling out of popularity. You being some pompous jerk from NY whose bought a few chanels at retail I take it, seems to be butthurt he hasn't spent his money well and wants to justify it by arguing over a poor business structure that only allows idiots willing to pay whatever they retail at or employees who get bags at significant discounts to carry their products. Kool aid, spell it right. Enjoy it. I don't think you'll see your bags appreciate over the long, which is what this thread was all about anyway.

And I never recieved participation trophies, I never needed to validate my existence through sports, and when I did, I always placed. enjoy your significantly devalued purses. Probably could'vebought a rolex or 2 with that money
Old 20 October 2016, 11:38 AM   #37
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Only on TRF can a bunch of guys get into an argument over women's purses
Old 20 October 2016, 11:39 AM   #38
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Fellas, Fellas, take a deep breath. I never realized a thread about purses would have a few in a tizzy.......
Closed Thread