The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25 February 2024, 02:47 AM   #1
_fabian_
"TRF" Member

16700 Service Advice

Hello everyone
I’m fortunate to have been passed down a Rolex 16700 GMT-Master from the early 90s. It still runs well but I’m afraid it hasn’t been serviced in ages, if at all.. I want to wear it regularly and would like to bring it to a watchmaker for a service, but I have no experience with Rolex watch services. I’ve seen plenty warnings about sending the watch to Rolex for a service since they appear to have a tendency to swap out original parts with new parts. Is that right? What would be your recommendations on what I should do to ensure the watch receives a good maintenance and I can be happy wearing it for a long time? What would be a realistic budget for the service?
I live in Switzerland and when I recently enquired at Bucherer, they mentioned they would ship it to Rolex with a TAT of 12-15 weeks and ca 1500 CHF budget.
Looking forward to read your thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
_fabian_ is offline   Reply With Quote