The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 March 2018, 10:02 AM   #391
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Wow very scary

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2018, 10:12 AM   #392
MinMay
Banned

Sorry to hear the news. I know how it feels in term of robbery. Someone broke my car window and took my backpack that included my precious laptop. I know it can be replaced, but not the data inside the laptop. Now, I'm more cautious with my surrounding.

I can't stress enough for others out there....surround the house with security camera and alarm system, especially camera. I love the instant notification to my phone when the system sense motion. I know a lot of people who doesn't take it serious about possible burglary at home, but it can happen when they are least expected.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2018, 11:50 AM   #393
acfcheung
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4K for now
Sorry to hear, hope the cops hunt these scumbags down and recover your goods.
acfcheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2018, 12:28 PM   #394
cht
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
News update: Detectives captured the perpetrator’s accomplice. No new property recovered. She had fled the State. The baby was born and she came back to Georgia. Then called detectives to say, “It wasn’t me...” - um, yeah they had her picture from a Ring doorbell camera (from another home the team broke into) on local TV news.

Now in jail with no bond. Had she come forward the day the thief was caught she would have been released on bail as a first offender. And maybe we’d have been closer to recovering some more property.

Hope she can straighten out - the other guy is a confirmed career criminal per the detectives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hopefully some justice will be served, you've taken this is stride, much respect you. What a great example.
cht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2018, 12:49 PM   #395
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Rolex Theft by Home Break-in

Thank you everyone - and I know this thread has lingered so long that it is impossible for newcomers to read it entirely.

This final arrest ends the investigation and starts the trial process. I have completed the paperwork on my end and the Grand Jury indicted defendant #1.

Since defendant #2 was just captured, her process is about 3 months behind #1.

I think what comes along with the incident and the ensuing months of work by authorities is this: our LEO’s are very good in my County. The assigned detective ID’d and captured #1 in two weeks. He then set a trap for #2 (despite being away in training, he managed the case) and it worked.

My thanks go out to our LEOs who are outnumbered and use all their wits, training and tools to keep us safe - and apprehend perpetrators when all else fails.

Yes, there are 3 Rolexes still floating around out there (the white dialed OP was recovered). RUSA has them on the theft list - I do feel bad for any truly innocent, unwitting future buyer because if they use the RSC, that watch will be seized.

And thanks so much for everyone’s stalwart support during this ordeal - I will be in court per the DA unless a guilty plea deal is struck. Will keep you informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2018, 01:53 PM   #396
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Please keep us informed
I hope Justice takes its Course
Old 16 March 2018, 02:24 PM   #397
amilch
"TRF" Member

I m sorry this happened.
amilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 08:40 AM   #398
77T

So I had an interesting call just a couple of hours ago from RUSA. Before I explain something new I learned from them - first my heart skipped two beats.

I was at Road Atlanta dealing with a young driver who was put on Probation at Sebring in January. Just wrapping up his missing paperwork issue when the iPhone rings. The Caller ID shows the name of the RUSA manager who took my theft report and put it In the system.

Eureka, I thought, they’ve snagged one of the still missing Rolexes. Between ring #1 and ring #2 - barely 6 seconds - mind racing as I ponder...could it be the Platona? I quickly tell the driver he’s free to go and go outside to answer the call.

It’s a different manager calling from the RSC (all of them must use the same outgoing phone number) and she says “good news, your watch is ready!” You know I was a bit deflated but very nice when I told her, “oh, good but I thought you were Lea about my stolen Rolexes.” She was funny - “I said I had good news, not great news!”

I had to laugh - it is truly good news - the recovered OP my wife wore has now been fully serviced and ready to ship back to me. All she wanted was to finalize the payment and verify shipping info hasn’t changed.

Not a bad interval - 4 weeks since I authorized the work order. Now here’s the NEW news...

Then she asks me if I will be at home on Tuesday the 20th...um, yeah I say...but aren’t you shipping USPS Registered Mail? No says she - we have upgraded our shipping to overnight FEDEX fully insured. “You’ll have it back on your wrist by lunchtime Tuesday”, she said.

I reminded her it was a 26mm Ladies OP -

So the new Rolex information I’m sharing with you is this: You now get your watch back from the RSC faster than USPS Registered Mail. I hope to do an unboxing post next week.

Old 17 March 2018, 10:23 AM   #399
Naples09
"TRF" Member

Good news indeed. I hope you share pics with all of us when it arrives.

Still hoping for a positive outcome for the remaining items.
Naples09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 10:51 AM   #400
BBL
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD-YG/DJ/Breitling
Fantastic, 77T
Happy for you and your family!

Blessings,
DM
BBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2018, 10:10 AM   #401
77T

Rolex Theft by Home Break-in

Today was a great case of happy coincidence - Rolex’s FEDEX shipment arrived by 10:30, and coincidentally our daughter Amy (who’s inheriting her mom’s watch) was driving up from her home in Macon for other business.

She didn’t know about the watch arriving today, so that meant to me “this is the day”.

So unpack the watch, make appointment with watchmaker, meet Amy and all will be well. And it went to plan smoothly.

First, check the watch...

The RSC tapes the inner box like they do the shipping box.

Nicely nested little pouch and well cushioned Rolex.

Out of its bassinet- and completely pampered - lightly polished with not a hint of the ordeal of theft, recovery, and slight damage to crystal and clasp.

It’s a white Roman dialed 26mm OP from early 1990’s that was a gift I gave long ago. Now it will be part of a Mom’s legacy to a daughter who also has a daughter who will...well that part of the story is yet to be. But this piece of Rolex timekeeping will hopefully lead a charmed life and won’t have any repeat meetings with a criminal.

A side trip to the park for a quick 5k jaunt before meeting Amy and I come across this guy also out for a stroll...

Within a few more hours, it was a happy daughter with a memory of her Mom on her wrist...

So this chapter of the book comes to a happy end and ready for the next which will be possible trial for the perpetrators.

Thanks everyone - I appreciate your patience with the odyssey and your well-wishes along the path thus far.

Old 21 March 2018, 10:14 AM   #402
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Quote:
Today was a great case of happy coincidence - Rolex’s FEDEX shipment arrived by 10:30, and coincidentally our daughter Amy (who’s inheriting her mom’s watch) was driving up from her home in Macon for other business.

She didn’t know about the watch arriving today, so that meant to me “this is the day”.

So unpack the watch, make appointment with watchmaker, meet Amy and all will be well. And it went to plan smoothly.

Out of its bassinet- and completely pampered - lightly polished with not a hint of the ordeal of theft, recovery, and slight damage to crystal and clasp.

It’s a white Roman dialed 26mm OP from early 1990’s that was a gift I gave long ago. Now it will be part of a Mom’s legacy to a daughter who also has a daughter who will...well that part of the story is yet to be. But this piece of Rolex timekeeping will hopefully lead a charmed life and won’t have any repeat meetings with a criminal.

A side trip to the park for a quick 5k jaunt before meeting Amy and I come across this guy also out for a stroll...

Within a few more hours, it was a happy daughter with a memory of her Mom on her wrist...

So this chapter of the book comes to a happy end and ready for the next which will be possible trial for the perpetrators.

Thanks everyone - I appreciate your patience with the odyssey and your well-wishes along the path thus far.

That’s great, glad to hear it worked out in the end.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2018, 10:14 AM   #403
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Loved reading this chapter Paul. I'm so happy your daughter is now reunited with mom through this special watch. A little sunshine on an otherwise dark chain of recent events. Be well!
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2018, 03:03 PM   #404
BBL
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD-YG/DJ/Breitling
Perfect!!
Beautiful recondition.

Happy Day for All! Congratulations.
BBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2018, 03:07 PM   #405
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
That is fantastic!!!!! Thank you for the update !
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2018, 04:40 PM   #406
Rolex.c6
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller 116600
That's so bad news. Sorry.
Rolex.c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2018, 07:17 PM   #407
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
So sorry to hear about this Paul and I truly hope they get caught and watches recovered!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 10:10 AM   #408
77T

Thanks everyone - as my Watchmaker sizes the bracelet for Amy, he went into his standard Rolex “new user” briefing.

You know, the first time you wind it, how many turns of the crown, the setting position, the screw-down crown, etc.

It made the whole experience better and she felt a little bit of the “white glove” experience.

Old 7 June 2018, 06:36 AM   #409
77T

An update on the LE side of the case against the burglars. They have both indicted on several counts. They both have been held without bond so our community has been safe from repeat burglaries.

Next week the DA will offer a plea agreement to them (if the judge approves).

It’ll be 10yrs. / 2 to serve; remainder on Probation; Restitution (not expecting any but it is part of Probation); “No Contact” special condition (to provide victims the ability to report via 911 just in case).

The male repeat offender will also be ordered to serve his other sentence for a prior conviction that had already been handled under a 10/2 guilty plea. Don’t know if it’ll be consecutive or concurrent but it isn’t really a part of this case.

The female first-offender may very likely accept so she can get back to her now 5mo. old baby (you may recall she was coerced into the scouting/lookout role).

I’m only sharing for the folks who may have wanted to know where this has gone over the past 5 months.

I’m not seeking a longer sentence for the first-offender. I can’t judge her more harshly than the DA who’s made the offer. Hopefully she can and will straighten out for the benefit of her child.

I did express some curiosity about the proposed offer to the repeat offender, but he may not accept and choose to go to trial. In that case I’ll be there and the DA may have a strategy here since the female could become a witness to benefit from a “good behavior” reduction of actual time to serve on the 2yr. term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 7 June 2018, 06:41 AM   #410
CalSRQ1

Watch: 5513
Did the male offender assist/cooperate with LE on the fence for your watches?
CalSRQ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2018, 06:52 AM   #411
woof
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS daytona, Hulk,
Sorry for what have happened......
MoonPhase, Rootbeer
Batman, Sub, Blk GMT, Pepsi,YG Daytona, TTSD, Batgirl, 5167/1A, Speedy, P01, OP, Kermit
woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2018, 06:52 AM   #412
ag986
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16233, First Rolex
Quote:

Very nice story, I hope the other pieces surface as well.
ag986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2018, 06:55 AM   #413
Xyza0722
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me go
Sorry to hear about....glad no one was hurt
Xyza0722 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2018, 07:07 AM   #414
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalSRQ1 View Post
Did the male offender assist/cooperate with LE on the fence for your watches?

No - he has been trying to “play” the DA. His phone convo’s with the outside have been recorded and he thinks he can outsmart them because he was “high” while commuting the crimes.

I don’t expect he will cooperate - and unlikely he’ll plead guilty because of the unserved sentence from the prior conviction. That would open him for a full ride on the remaining 8 years on that prior sentence.

He really messed up - he was a stand-out in football. Had a scholarship but got hooked on drugs so his future was sacrificed to crime in order to pay for the substances (LE hasn’t revealed what he uses).

Old 7 June 2018, 07:10 AM   #415
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyza0722 View Post
Sorry to hear about....glad no one was hurt

Thanks - me too. One of the other homes this team hit was occupied - that is disturbing. While I’m not obsessing over in-home safety, I did replace an item of personal protection that was taken.

Old 7 June 2018, 07:12 AM   #416
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag986 View Post
Very nice story, I hope the other pieces surface as well.

Thanks - yes that was a rewarding day.

Last weekend we celebrated my wife’s first birthday away from all of us at a park - 20 family members for a cookout made that another special day.

Old 7 June 2018, 07:49 AM   #417
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Thanks for the update Paul, so sorry that all of this has happened to you. You’re handling it better than I think that I would have.
You have to know that your wife is smiling down on you.
Be well.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2018, 08:04 AM   #418
77T

Thanks Tim

Another glint of sunshine today courtesy of Wolf Design (the watch winder company). The burglar took the Platona and the Gold Wideboy DD off the Wolf winder - and of course the cuffs went with the watches.

Now that I’ve started over with a DJ and a Bluesy, I just called them to buy 2 new cuffs. When they heard how I “lost” the original ones, they insisted on Fedexing 2 new ones at no charge. That was just a nice way to wind down the day.

For everyone who’ve reached out - I truly appreciate your thoughts and sentiments. It’s been a tougher 12 months that usual. But my neighbors, friends and families (immediate, extended, TRF, & Motorsports) have made it more bearable. Thanks everyone.

Old 7 June 2018, 08:13 AM   #419
DrMattK
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Next One
So sorry for you buddy, fortunately you have your health and didn’t get hurt or worse during the process!

The only irreplaceable gift is the one freely given

DrMattK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2018, 08:30 AM   #420
jzzmn88
"TRF" Member

Watch: 118238
I'm so sorry to hear of your ordeal. Can't imagine what its like to go through with that....
jzzmn88 is offline   Reply With Quote