The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 5 May 2018, 03:14 AM   #1
Speed
"TRF" Member

Panerai servicing (info / official process) for my 312

Just started googling but hoping to short circuit / cut to the chase.

Can someone post a link / give a phone number to find out how / where to send in my watch?

I can’t pull out the crown to set the time. This has happened before...and I managed to get the crown unstuck, but I think some adjustment is needed.

I am dreading sending in the watch - but what choice to I have?

I’ve heard more nightmares using an AD to send in so I want to go direct.

Thanks
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 08:17 AM   #2
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post

Can someone post a link / give a phone number to find out how / where to send in my watch?

I can’t pull out the crown to set the time. This has happened before...and I managed to get the crown unstuck, but I think some adjustment is needed.

Thanks
I had a really badly screwed up PAM024 and I sent it to an AD who in turn shipped it off to Panerai (I am assuming NYC since I am in NJ though I could be wrong). I had excellent service and relatively fast turnaround time. Maybe 4-6 weeks. I know these sorts of stories are all over the place, just offering my two cents.
Ravager135 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 09:55 AM   #3
Auto16610
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexOmegaPanerai
Where arte you located?

There are some places you can just take it to.
Auto16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 10:54 AM   #4
RJK
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out for that tree!
I just sent in my watch and have my fingers crossed.

I went to the Panerai website and called the Service Center #:

http://www.panerai.com/en-us/network...il.US.html#top

My first call, I left a VM. After not receiving a call back after @6hrs, I called again and reached an OP rep. I explained my problem and passed on my contact info. They will then email you instructions on how to package and return the watch. On the form you’ll also explain what the issue(s) is, personal info, watch info, etc...

I sent mine via Fed Ex 2-day for @$50+ to the Dallas Ft Worth PSC. I took off the strap and just sent in the head. It arrived this past Wed and I’m waiting for the PSC to contact me with a diagnosis of the problem/work to be performed. Mine is under warranty, but I’m assuming they’ll still contact me before doing any work.

From what I’ve read/heard, it takes them @week to get back with you after receiving the watch and another 3-4 weeks after that to get your watch back. OP will send the watch back to me directly.

Hope this helps and fingers crossed that everything turns out OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post

Thanks

Rolex SD 126600, Seiko Golden Tuna SBBN 040, PAM 579, JLC Master Compressor Diving Chrono GMT NS in Yellow, DSSD, Sinn U1000S, Doxa T-Graph, Doxa 750 Caribbean, PAM 190 "8-Days", PAM 162,TT DJ (Left to me by Dad)
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 10:14 PM   #5
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
last watch sent in was back to be in a few weeks. pasc dallas is great, they emailed/called me during the process....never an issue

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2018, 12:51 AM   #6
Speed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
I just sent in my watch and have my fingers crossed.

I went to the Panerai website and called the Service Center #:

http://www.panerai.com/en-us/network...il.US.html#top

My first call, I left a VM. After not receiving a call back after @6hrs, I called again and reached an OP rep. I explained my problem and passed on my contact info. They will then email you instructions on how to package and return the watch. On the form you’ll also explain what the issue(s) is, personal info, watch info, etc...

I sent mine via Fed Ex 2-day for @$50+ to the Dallas Ft Worth PSC. I took off the strap and just sent in the head. It arrived this past Wed and I’m waiting for the PSC to contact me with a diagnosis of the problem/work to be performed. Mine is under warranty, but I’m assuming they’ll still contact me before doing any work.

From what I’ve read/heard, it takes them @week to get back with you after receiving the watch and another 3-4 weeks after that to get your watch back. OP will send the watch back to me directly.

Hope this helps and fingers crossed that everything turns out OK.
Much, much thanks! I will take this down. Thank you!

Strangely, I picked up the watch yesterday, and the crown functioned just fine

I'd hate to be without it unnecessarily - only to have to pay $$$ unnecessarily...but I do wonder if there is anything amiss. I'll keep a much closer eye on it when I have to reset it. I've been wearing the heck out of it since I rec'd a new custom Gator strap.
Old 6 May 2018, 06:36 AM   #7
RJK
"TRF" Member

I guess that’s good... but it sounds like you might be delaying the inevitable, e.g. trip to the PSC. Mechanical things normally get worse vs. better once out of tune.

I know diddly about watch function, but I’d be concerned that the repair might be more expensive later vs. catching it early when nothing has actually broken yet. Since it seems to only happen occasionally, it sounds like it might be a relatively simple alignment/adjustment.

I definitely understand your hesitation in sending it back though. It was painful for me. Good news is it allows me to “reconnect” with other watches I’ve been neglecting BTW: That green croc strap you got is a beauty.

Rolex SD 126600, Seiko Golden Tuna SBBN 040, PAM 579, JLC Master Compressor Diving Chrono GMT NS in Yellow, DSSD, Sinn U1000S, Doxa T-Graph, Doxa 750 Caribbean, PAM 190 "8-Days", PAM 162,TT DJ (Left to me by Dad)
Old 8 May 2018, 09:40 AM   #8
Speed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
I guess that’s good... but it sounds like you might be delaying the inevitable, e.g. trip to the PSC. Mechanical things normally get worse vs. better once out of tune.

I know diddly about watch function, but I’d be concerned that the repair might be more expensive later vs. catching it early when nothing has actually broken yet. Since it seems to only happen occasionally, it sounds like it might be a relatively simple alignment/adjustment.

I definitely understand your hesitation in sending it back though. It was painful for me. Good news is it allows me to “reconnect” with other watches I’ve been neglecting BTW: That green croc strap you got is a beauty.
Yes. Good points all around. I thought about self-healing mechanics...a bit of a fallacy. But perhaps I did something in the moments previous where I was sending the hour hand round to change the date? Oh I don't know. I'll try a few more settings and if it kinks up again - I will send it it.

Too bad I cannot just walk it into a (reputable) Service Center like I can with my Rolex!
Old 8 May 2018, 11:39 AM   #9
Auto16610
"TRF" Member

You can

"Too bad I cannot just walk it into a (reputable) Service Center like I can with my Rolex!"

I have one 45 minutes from my house. Chatel in Carmel, Ca.
Old 12 May 2018, 12:50 PM   #10
Speed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto16610 View Post
"Too bad I cannot just walk it into a (reputable) Service Center like I can with my Rolex!"

I have one 45 minutes from my house. Chatel in Carmel, Ca.
A Panerai service center??
Old 12 May 2018, 01:09 PM   #11
Auto16610
"TRF" Member

Not Service Center

But They sell Panerai and the owner is authorized to service Panerai.
Old 17 May 2018, 10:44 AM   #12
RJK
"TRF" Member

Speed: I’ve got some updates from my experience thus far and if it’s OK with you, I’d like to add it here vs. starting another thread.

Old 18 May 2018, 03:38 AM   #13
911cz
"TRF" Member

I recently had my PAM 162 serviced through an AD. The turn around was about 3 weeks and I was very happy with the experience and service. Never had a single issue along the way.
911cz is offline   Reply With Quote