The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 29 June 2021, 03:30 PM   #31
911AP
"TRF" Member

If you don't want it please transfer the allocation to me lol. I'm dead serious.
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2021, 10:33 PM   #32
CastorKrieg
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrira View Post
I’ve just been offered a 5711/1r by my AD, but I’m hesitant to pull the trigger because from what I’ve heard from friends (I like watches but don’t consider myself an expert by any means), it seems that the 5711 is going to be replaced with something even better.

I know that the 5711/1a in blue has been discontinued, but I’ve been told that the gold will remain in production for the next couple of years at least. Do you guys think I should hold out and see what the replacement is like – assuming there will be one soon – or just go ahead with this purchase? This piece will be with me for the long haul, so I would rather not rush into things before seeking thoughts from more seasoned collectors. Cheers all
It all depends on your taste and standing with your AD - whatever the 5711 gets replaced with it's going to be spoken for immediately by collectors with huge number of watches.

We also do not know the long-term strategy - safe to assume in the next few years all the '5' models will be replaced. There is also not a single Nautilus produced in YG right now, maybe they will start there?
CastorKrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 02:41 AM   #33
pdnb
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5726, 5212
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
If you want to learn the meaning of the words "frustrating" and "disappointing", and I don't mean in the abstract, but from a deeply personal perspective, then, definitely, hold out for some mythical unicorn which may or may not exist in the future and which, should it actually exist in the future, may or may not be available to you.
If you are simply looking for a superb luxury timepiece which is entirely drool worthy, then buy the 5711/1r. If, however, you will not be satisfied unless you own the absolute pinnacle of rarity, and you believe in the existence of a Higher Being who favors you above most others, then hold out for the 6711.

I found this response and tone to be the most entertaining.

Looking forward to the wrist shot OP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pdnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 04:28 AM   #34
jwill
"TRF" Member

Let me help you get out from this dilemma. Why don’t you buy it and sell it to me for $1000 more. Now you dilemma is solved😄
jwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 10:50 AM   #35
PPcollector
"TRF" Member

Wow…please buy it and if you don’t feel like keeping it then sell it to me at msrp…I’ll gladly take the watch off your hands for you!
PPcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 11:34 AM   #36
itspapi
"TRF" Member

Give us the wristshot we're all waiting for...
itspapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 11:56 AM   #37
Fenrira
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the kind comments everyone – I ended up pulling the trigger. I wrote some of my thoughts on a new thread and also left a wrist shot. It’s distinct from the rest my collection and also my only gold watch on a bracelet. Because of its size and slim profile, it’s not as loud as I was afraid it was going to be despite the full gold. It wears elegantly with a sweater or blazer, but I don’t think I’d wear it casually. I would also say that it’s the most comfortable watch I own, even with its discernible heft.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=810402
Fenrira is offline   Reply With Quote