The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Announcements/feedback & support

Old 26 November 2018, 09:25 AM   #1
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
How Do You Intersperse Text and Pictures on TRF?

Life was so easy before the size limits on TRF. I think (can hardly remember now) I would type text, drag a picture from the desktop, type more text, etc. Now I have to re-size the pictures beforehand, assuming I'm not using Tapatalk, and add the attachments after typing the text. How do you decide where the pictures will go, rather than having them default to the bottom of the post?

I'm sure it's easy, but I can't figure it out. I even tried editing my Mac-posted post in Tapatalk and didn't see how to move the pictures where I wanted them.
Old 26 November 2018, 12:26 PM   #2
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
I just use my phone and Tapatalk.

When I look at TRF on a computer it is a whole new confusing world to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2018, 12:43 PM   #3
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
Life was so easy before the size limits on TRF. I think (can hardly remember now) I would type text, drag a picture from the desktop, type more text, etc. Now I have to re-size the pictures beforehand, assuming I'm not using Tapatalk, and add the attachments after typing the text. How do you decide where the pictures will go, rather than having them default to the bottom of the post?

I'm sure it's easy, but I can't figure it out. I even tried editing my Mac-posted post in Tapatalk and didn't see how to move the pictures where I wanted them.
If you're Attaching them through the forum, I don't think you can select where they go in your post. If you are uploading to a hosting site(i.e. Imgur), you can add the image link where you want in your post.
Valenciawatchrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2018, 12:57 PM   #4
Ballzzz
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
I just use my phone and Tapatalk.

When I look at TRF on a computer it is a whole new confusing world to me.

Lol I am the opposite - I only use Tapatalk for photos and feel complete confused if using to browse/post.
Old 26 November 2018, 03:07 PM   #5
GradyPhilpott
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor Big Rose
If you are posting from your hard drive, you can control file size by reducing image size and also by opening the file in Paint and saving it.

Those two things will usually do the trick.

I find that using a hosting site like imgur.com is a very easy thing to do for images that you will post often, as is the case for WRUW thread when I don't want to take a new picture for every single day.

If I want to post something that has been newly taken, Tapatalk is a very good way and it circumvents the necessity for any other methods for controlling file size.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2018, 03:54 PM   #6
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
I use this free image host, it gives you the option to resize if needed. Once uploaded I copy the direct link and paste it here within the image tags. (Image button)

https://postimages.org
antbkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2018, 04:00 PM   #7
ttomczak
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: The Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
Lol I am the opposite - I only use Tapatalk for photos and feel complete confused if using to browse/post.
It’s all I use Tapatalk for also

If you wind it, it tells pretty good time
(Paul Newman)
ttomczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2018, 11:41 PM   #8
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenciawatchrepair View Post
If you're Attaching them through the forum, I don't think you can select where they go in your post. If you are uploading to a hosting site(i.e. Imgur), you can add the image link where you want in your post.
Thanks. That's disappointing, but at least now I know there's nothing I can do unless I want to use an image hosting site.
Old 26 November 2018, 11:45 PM   #9
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:

I just type, I click the "insert image" icon at the top of the reply to thread window, I add the .jpg of the image I want to appear from Flickr which is where I host my images. I chose the size from their window of the size of image I want to share.

And then I say that is how easy it is.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2018, 11:53 PM   #10
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
I just type, I click the "insert image" icon at the top of the reply to thread window, I add the .jpg of the image I want to appear from Flickr which is where I host my images. I chose the size from their window of the size of image I want to share.

And then I say that is how easy it is.
Yes, the key seems to be having the images hosted online rather than uploaded from a computer.
Old 27 November 2018, 12:49 AM   #11
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, the key seems to be having the images hosted online rather than uploaded from a computer.
Well maybe

If you host them online at a site like Flickr then I can take an image on my phone upload it to Flickr for future use.

If the images are on your pc and you attach them, you need to have them sized first which is really easy as Windows and Mac both have default image software that will resize an image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1948_30t2_1.jpg (29.2 KB, 50 views)
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 27 November 2018, 11:22 PM   #12
greggsiam
"TRF" Member

hmm, when I select insert image, add a link from imgur, it just never appears. I thought the rules were changed here and that was the reason why. The link is in the post with IMG tags, but it just never shows up.
greggsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2018, 12:17 AM   #13
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggsiam View Post
hmm, when I select insert image, add a link from imgur, it just never appears. I thought the rules were changed here and that was the reason why. The link is in the post with IMG tags, but it just never shows up.
Well I am not sure I can help since that website is blocked at my office.

Inside the [IMG] [/IMG] tags you need to format the link correctly. Make sure the brackets are there and that the .jpg is on the end of the file name.

[IMG]https://***.jpg[/IMG]

Like that

Old 28 November 2018, 12:32 AM   #14
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Well maybe

If you host them online at a site like Flickr then I can take an image on my phone upload it to Flickr for future use.

If the images are on your pc and you attach them, you need to have them sized first which is really easy as Windows and Mac both have default image software that will resize an image.

For Flickr users, you can set an option on the phone to automatically create a photostream. The intent is to have an automatic backup in the cloud. The side benefit is you always have an image address to use when posting to a forum.

But TapaTalk solves that too. And that’s what I use the most.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2018, 12:44 AM   #15
never2late
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
If you want a program that will let you easily resize any photo file look up IrfanView at their website. I've been using it for 15 years and it is fantastic and very user friendly.
Tudor Black Bay Bronze, Tudor Pelagos, (Blue).
never2late is offline   Reply With Quote