The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 14 April 2017, 02:15 PM   #1
danbrew
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Powerball Wish List...

I have a lot of Powerball Wish Lists... maybe that makes me a dreamer, I dunno. I have a retirement house strategy, and then I've got that Powerball house wish list. Then a motorcycle and a Powerball motorcycle wish list. And the lists gone on and on.

Current Watches: 18238, 16613N, 16220, 114060, 116660 D Blue
Wish List: 116710BLNR
Powerball Wish List: 326138, 116618LB

What's your Powerball watch list? The ones that you'd like to have, but you know, you're not gonna drop the cash on 'em otherwise. Mine are above.
danbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2017, 02:18 PM   #2
Alexwwjd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out!!!
My wish list remains the same, with or without Powerball earnings. This is my list:

Patek Philippe 5711
DD 40

so far...
Alexwwjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2017, 04:42 PM   #3
Doood
"TRF" Member

BLRO....and a P51. Need to build more time first in a T6 so of course one of those as well...

... and original fifty fathoms, 6542, Heuer 1133, & Zenith A. Cairelli, all new old stock, of course. The BLRO will be my daily beater.

The rest will go to charity.
Doood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2017, 04:46 PM   #4
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
When I hit anything over 70 Million I'll be nicer to people, and buy Rolex watches often...

The odds of winning Powerball have always been pretty bad. But recently they got worse. A lot worse.

The odds are now 1 in 292 million against you winning the $1.5 billion jackpot.

The last time the jackpot got that big, back in February 2015, the odds of winning were "only" 1 in 175 million.

The reason the odds are so much longer: Players now have more numbers to choose from. More choices mean longer odds.

Previously, players chose five numbers out of 59, but Powerball made a switch in October, so that players now choose five numbers from 69 numbers.

But your odds of picking the correct red Powerball number have actually improved, since players now choose from 26 numbers, down from 39. That boosts the chances of winning some kind of prize to 1 in 25 from 1 in 32. Players who pick just the Powerball number win $4.

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
LuminousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2017, 05:06 PM   #5
Doood
"TRF" Member

Going to buy a ticket tomorrow!!!
Doood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2017, 11:00 PM   #6
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Home in the Caribbean
Paid up long term care insurance
Rock solid investment portfolio
Help family with debt relief
Achieve travel goals
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2017, 11:05 PM   #7
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
I don't really have a wish list.

I would however like a house with more garages than I currently have (only 1 space now and it is small), as I would like to add more cars.

But if I am somehow infused with anything over 10 million, my life would simply get very relaxed very fast.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2017, 12:05 AM   #8
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I don't really have a wish list.

I would however like a house with more garages than I currently have (only 1 space now and it is small), as I would like to add more cars.

But if I am somehow infused with anything over 10 million, my life would simply get very relaxed very fast.
A large garage and a large shop. "Stuff" seems to take over the garage. A dedicated shop sorts that out.

After that, a 6541 and a 5496P.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2017, 01:50 AM   #9
Roll the Lex
"TRF" Member

My Powerball wish list is ready and waiting...
- quit job asap and leave town
- set it up to live off interest, take care of business first.

For the watches:
- 214270- need something simple now and then
- 116618lb
- DD36 with chocolate dial with diamond/ruby hour markers
- fpj octa luna in RG
- Patek 5146 in YG
Roll the Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2017, 03:40 AM   #10
BristolCavendish
Banned

Depending on the amount won (and it would probably have to be the entire jackpot), I'd create a living trust by keeping the principal intact and allocating the interest income towards non-profit/humanitarian endeavors (i.e. funding assistance for school field trips/class supplies, establishing supervised KOA-style campgrounds for the homeless and maybe a scholarship fund for those wishing to enter the medical professions).

No fancy cars, exotic residencies or expensive watches currently on my 'wish-list'. To remain focused on perspectives would provide enough of a challenge.
BristolCavendish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2017, 03:54 AM   #11
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BristolCavendish View Post
Depending on the amount won (and it would probably have to be the entire jackpot), I'd create a living trust by keeping the principal intact and allocating the interest income towards non-profit/humanitarian endeavors (i.e. funding assistance for school field trips/class supplies, establishing supervised KOA-style campgrounds for the homeless and maybe a scholarship fund for those wishing to enter the medical professions).

No fancy cars, exotic residencies or expensive watches currently on my 'wish-list'. To remain focused on perspectives would provide enough of a challenge.
I thought you'd at least want to move to a nicer neighborhood.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2017, 04:03 AM   #12
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
L
a
m
b
o
r
g
h
i
n
i

A
v
e
n
t
a
d
o
r
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2017, 04:06 AM   #13
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Freedom ... to do absolutely anything I want
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2017, 05:36 AM   #14
Cerachrom12
Banned

Watch: ing you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
L
a
m
b
o
r
g
h
i
n
i

A
v
e

n
t
a
d
o
r
In western N.Y. weather with torn up western N.Y. roads? Hopefully in some other part of the USA?
Cerachrom12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2017, 06:08 AM   #15
BristolCavendish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
I thought you'd at least want to move to a nicer neighborhood.
Current neighborhood in Marin County is OK. A newer house with more modern amenities would certainly be appealing but the property taxes would increase dramatically. We are currently under CA Prop 13 and the property taxes are assessed at 1% of their 1978 valuations. With housing running upwards of $2.5M+ around here, those taxes would increase dramatically from around $750.00 per year to roughly $25,000.00+ with no significant improvements in city/county services. I'm taking the 'Tea Party' route on this one.
Old 15 April 2017, 06:35 AM   #16
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Current neighborhood in Marin County is OK. A newer house with more modern amenities would certainly be appealing but the property taxes would increase dramatically. We are currently under CA Prop 13 and the property taxes are assessed at 1% of their 1978 valuations. With housing running upwards of $2.5M+ around here, those taxes would increase dramatically from around $750.00 per year to roughly $25,000.00+ with no significant improvements in city/county services. I'm taking the 'Tea Party' route on this one.
For property tax? No wonder your state is in the sh#t hole....
Knappo 1307 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2017, 07:00 AM   #17
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Maybe you could move to a neighborhood where they don't steal your lemons or have their dog crap in your yard.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2017, 11:22 AM   #18
BristolCavendish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
For property tax? No wonder your state is in the sh#t hole....
CA Prop 13 was 'grandfathered-in' from the standpoint that parents (over 55) could transfer/bequeath ownership of their home to their children so they in turn, could maintain the assessed residential property tax rates of 1978. As a result, there are neighbor(s) (one next door) who happen to be paying far more in property taxes than we are because of the timeframe (post 1978) in which they purchased their home along with its current assessed market value. Inflation rages on and a home valued at $75-$90K in 1978 would now be going for $2.5M+ around here, thus the variables in residential property tax rates amongst neighbors. Some state legislators are trying to eliminate Prop 13 from commercial properties in order to generate more tax revenue. As time goes on, Prop 13 related residential tax breaks will eventually disappear as families spread out and properties are eventually sold to new owners. It was originally designed to put a 'check' on city/county governments from overspending by curtailing their ability to simply raise property taxes. In addition, it also protected seniors from exorbitant property tax increases during their retirement years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Maybe you could move to a neighborhood where they don't steal your lemons or have their dog crap in your yard.
Let it go Abdullah. BTW, a neighbor showed me how to make a dog poop repellant and it works reasonably well. All natural and organic too. Take some ground cayenne pepper + vegetable oil and mix. Place the mixture in a spray bottle and apply in 'problem areas'. One sniff and the dogs won't go near it. Some folks around here have even been using habaneros (seeds and all) for an even greater effect. The vegetable oil provides groundcover adhesion and prevents the hot pepper from being washed away by rain, sprinklers et al.

As far as the lemons are concerned, now I have to buy them at the grocery store.
Old 15 April 2017, 11:32 AM   #19
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
At the very least you should consider installing an electric fence around your house.

If that isn't reasonable, you could also build a moat.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2017, 11:41 AM   #20
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
If you get tens of millions of dollars, you are going to be concerned about your property tax?

You could donate many millions to charity and still pay your increased property taxes with tens of millions left over.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2017, 11:46 AM   #21
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ah, even $25k is cheap.

I love when all the CA's that move to Texas get a shock when the property tax bill arrives.

That $2.5M in my neighborhood will run you $72K annually in property taxes--welcome to TX.

Tell your neighbors to stay in CA
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2017, 11:47 AM   #22
BristolCavendish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
At the very least you should consider installing an electric fence around your house.

If that isn't reasonable, you could also build a moat.
Liability factors and city ordinances prevent both concepts. A 'cow trainer' puts out anywhere from 700-1800 volts (at low amperage) and requires posted warning signs to prevent potential cardiac arrest(s) by passersby accidentally brushing up against it. They're best suited as a trespassing deterrent in rural areas. As far as your moat idea is concerned, it would pose other problems (i.e. accidental drownings, mosquito abatement issues, potential flooding during heavy storms etc.). Besides, the city planning department wouldn't go for any of this.
Old 15 April 2017, 11:51 AM   #23
themast
"TRF" Member

A plumber.
themast is offline   Reply With Quote