The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 12 February 2024, 10:58 PM   #31
AHall42631
"TRF" Member

Has the 5270 been selling for less than retail for a while or is something new? I see a new watch for $180K.
AHall42631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 12:22 AM   #32
APhound
"TRF" Member

Nashville Watch has a rose gold 5270 on bracelet (dated 10/23) for $155.. That watch is like 220 plus tax. And it’s been sitting there for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APhound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 01:37 AM   #33
Top_Clock
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall42631 View Post
Has the 5270 been selling for less than retail for a while or is something new? I see a new watch for $180K.
I also do not undestand where are these price coming from. My grey dealer have one for 215k usd. Chrono24 shows prices minimum of 200k.
Top_Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 02:29 AM   #34
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Clock View Post
I also do not undestand where are these price coming from. My grey dealer have one for 215k usd. Chrono24 shows prices minimum of 200k.

Scroll up to my post for a recently listed 2023 5270p.

I have seen repeatedly watch’s on Moda listed then 5-7 days later that watch is on the incoming page of EWC, Tropical Watch, and more with an additional markup. I suspect a lot of the “trusted greys” are buying in Moda as well as other private chats. It could be a coincidence but same year and condition make it unlikely imo, especially with certain references that don’t come to market often.

If you’re seeing your trusted grey asking a certain price it’s only reasonable to assume he is getting it cheaper elsewhere. So while many in this forum bash Moda, many of TRFs so-called “trustworthy greys” are buying from Moda.

Don’t mean to hijack this thread with watch market price movement or to make it yet another discussion about Moda.

So, back to the OPs topic, and to respond to your post, there are multiple respected dealers selling well below 200k right now. And for the OP, I would also go for the salmon dial, that will be a true classic over the in-vogue green in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LJubel328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 09:01 AM   #35
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
5270p vs 5980/1R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Clock View Post
It would be great if some of the owners share some pictures of their PPC on casual strap. I think that 5270p is great watch, but would it be casual like nautilus.
The 5270 is a complicated watch with a busy dial. That makes it somewhat casual, as opposed to true dress watches, by nature.

5270J on matte brown with contrast stitching. Paired with jeans and an under armour sweatshirt.

5370P on brown calfskin with contrast stitching and another sweatshirt.

They can be as casual as you want. Stay out of the pool, otherwise, they’re good to wear everywhere.

Not many folks actually swimming in a gold Nautilus, anyway.
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 04:48 AM   #36
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Patek's flagship watch over a hyped up watch any day and every day
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 11:08 AM   #37
StellarisCollection
Banned

Very tough choice, both pieces are absolute works of art, i would suggest you keep your 5980. Please update me on what you decide to do!
StellarisCollection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 11:10 AM   #38
StellarisCollection
Banned

Very tough choice, both pieces are absolute works of art, i would suggest you keep your 5980. Please update me on what you decide to do!
StellarisCollection is offline   Reply With Quote