The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 31 January 2020, 02:53 PM   #91
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

What a lovely piece.

Thanks for sharing! Congrats, and enjoy in good health.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 07:40 AM   #92
Bubba Kongo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Richard Mille RM11
Only when brand are unsure if buyer likes it they print Limited edition to create extra demand and sell at higher price ; the greatest model that sought after are not limited edition; it is limited by nature over time. Not man made cheap marketing trick “limited edition”; the Royal Oak offshore and Omega are the most common brand in practicing this cheap tricks; Richard Mille; Jacob and Co also often use this trick to drill extra holes on billionaires pocket.
Bubba Kongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 08:09 AM   #93
Simon.DGV
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek World Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Kongo View Post
Only when brand are unsure if buyer likes it they print Limited edition to create extra demand and sell at higher price ; the greatest model that sought after are not limited edition; it is limited by nature over time. Not man made cheap marketing trick “limited edition”; the Royal Oak offshore and Omega are the most common brand in practicing this cheap tricks; Richard Mille; Jacob and Co also often use this trick to drill extra holes on billionaires pocket.
True: Rolex rarely any limited edition as they don’t need to tell it is limited.
Simon.DGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 08:14 AM   #94
Simon.DGV
"TRF" Member

The watch is not a good buy as most favourite watch in 2018 - 2019 are hyped and potential loss; and Rolex being the king is not available or impossible to buy.
What is good alternative of purchasing?
Stock market is mostly bad; many traditional company will have sales and liquidity problem; the high tech company are over priced.
Gold or Oil is uncertain as corona virus; trade war and recession uncertainty looms.
What else is good?
Old 5 February 2020, 08:21 AM   #95
Watch Expert
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT
You are over generalising the brand.
Rolex have Cellini that is dog
Patek have Nautilus that can challenge Rolex Daytona.
Watch is not an investment, it is for enjoyment.
If you have extra cash , buy a watch to enjoy. If the watch goes up in value it is good luck. If not you are also lucky to have a nice watch.
Watch Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 09:40 AM   #96
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
I have learnt a lot on this page alone. Hope to see more wrist shots of new joiners though.
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 10:02 AM   #97
Bubba Kongo
"TRF" Member

Quote: ”The watch is not a good buy as most favourite watch in 2018 - 2019 are hyped and potential loss; and Rolex being the king is not available or impossible to buy.
What is good alternative of purchasing?
Stock market is mostly bad; many traditional company will have sales and liquidity problem; the high tech company are over priced.
Gold or Oil is uncertain as corona virus; trade war and recession uncertainty looms.
What else is good?”

Avoid stock market as it will be very volatile; unless you are as big as Warren Buffet hedge funds with hundred of analyst to monitor the stock; you will get roasted.

Rolex is best if you can buy from AD; the second best would be:

A) Commercial Bond issued by banks with tripple A ratings.

B) residential property; or commercial property that have someone or company renting it. Preferably not in red zone as in China or Corona infected areas. I would say CBD areas around Singapore London Sydney Melbourne Los Angeles or New York .
Old 5 February 2020, 10:16 AM   #98
ts3
"TRF" Member

Nice little beauty - congrats to the OP!

Limited or not, the 7234 is my favorite among travel-time Pateks. Good looks, durable steel, great size for small wrists. Also like the large round left-side pushers on the round case. In contrast, I cannot get used to the quarter-elliptical pushers on the Aquanaut case.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 10:27 AM   #99
Simon.DGV
"TRF" Member

If you buy $2000 stuff in LV and looks good and you are happy. Then you are ok

If you buy $50,000 stuff and it turn into unsellable merchandise in a year and you need the money for escaping corona virus; you are doomed. At this time Rolex is the only way to go in watch. The rest are questionable if it can be turn into cash when you need it. Don’t trust Chrono 24; the price is not real; you can never sell Patek dress watch or Richard Mille at the price quoted in Chrono 24; not at this current market.

I also agree property is better investment; especially in busy area of bigger cities like Brisbane Sydney Melbourne - but its not going to be cheap; you need to sell a few Richard Mille if you own one and able find next crazy buyer to be able to afford real estate around CBD in Australia.
Old 5 February 2020, 10:43 AM   #100
Watch Expert
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT
I can agree nothing can beat real estate investment as it is stable and price increasing over time.

However nothing wrong buying a $50,000 beautiful watch that you know will be completely unsellable if you already have 10 real estate.

The thing I hate about Rolex is it get too much attention in busy area. I wore a 2 tone bluesy in a coffee shop and the beautiful waitress deliberately push her breast on to my arm and I looked at her; she blushed and walk away. Then I read a newspaper and she stared at me and I just feel this attention is unnecessary.

And when I walk in front of a shopping mall a young man stop me and say “hey you have a nice watch” ; and I know he try sell me something and making my watch as subject for conversation; I dont want waste my time; just smiled and walk away pretending nothing happen.
Watch Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 10:59 AM   #101
Bubba Kongo
"TRF" Member

Yes ; to buy watches you have to have cash; as watches in general is not a good collateral if you want purchase on credit. The credit card interest will slaughter you if you buy on credit.

Property if you are smart with connections you can use other people money (OPM) joint ventures; banking loan; and get a million dollar property at low interest with less than $50,000 down paymeny and enjoy 100% return. Most property developers do not use his own cash to purchase property and also using part of the cash flow generated from property to finance the purchase;

A million dollar investment property is a peace of mind investment and can be more affordable than finding finance for purchasing a $50,000 watch.

Beside you rarely receive complaints from your wife if you buy $1million property and you may get several scratches if you buy $10,000 watch. But Rolex is as good as or even better than cash when you need to convert watches for other purposes. Who knows you may not need it now but who has crystal ball to see through clearly over the years if you need money for emergency.
Old 5 February 2020, 11:03 AM   #102
edyu
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch Expert View Post
I wore a 2 tone bluesy in a coffee shop and the beautiful waitress deliberately push her breast on to my arm and I looked at her; she blushed and walk away. Then I read a newspaper and she stared at me and I just feel this attention is unnecessary.
Somehow this just feels like a missed opportunity and I'm sure now more guys will buy Rolex after reading about your encounter. :)
edyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 11:19 AM   #103
Bubba Kongo
"TRF" Member

No doubt Rolex is king in sexual attraction matter and cash convertability. You talk and watch the youtube top 10 watch gurus and all will say the same.
It is better get real estate that generate income to buy more Rolex. That way your wife won’t scratch you.
Old 5 February 2020, 06:28 PM   #104
Newbie@SIN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
I have learnt a lot on this page alone. Hope to see more wrist shots of new joiners though.
Exactly bro! To me, the watch is a memento because of the Patek Exhibition held in Singapore last year and to commemorate my personal achievements; not as investment or anything 😬🤔

I am afraid the buzz created by the new joiners in this thread is misplaced 😬
Newbie@SIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 06:31 PM   #105
Newbie@SIN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Nice little beauty - congrats to the OP!

Limited or not, the 7234 is my favorite among travel-time Pateks. Good looks, durable steel, great size for small wrists. Also like the large round left-side pushers on the round case. In contrast, I cannot get used to the quarter-elliptical pushers on the Aquanaut case.
Thank you Sir! As I have explained in the first page, the 7234A appeals to me because of its size and its steel! The 5524 is very imposing on my wrist while the 7234R is a little too flashy (rose gold) 😬 Hence, its a no brainer when the steel option comes out and I was given the chance to purchase!
Old 5 February 2020, 06:47 PM   #106
Newbie@SIN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyol1966 View Post
Fabulous piece, love the blue dial and strap and great size on your wrist. Congrats!
Thank you :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Argonaut View Post
Congratulations. It looks outstanding.

When you have a moment, would you be able to advise on the dimensions: (1) lug-to-lug; (2) lug width; and (3) dial width (not case)?

Probably because this watch is sold as a ladies piece and not midsize, I can’t find any review on the web containing all three dimensions. Even the much lauded Hodinkee was poor on this front.
Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't have the exact measurements on the dimensions.

But I feel the size is right and its definitely a mid-size watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Very nice
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edyu View Post
Congrats and very nice. I was thinking of getting the 7234r for my wife as the strap is way too feminine for myself. I wonder whether a wider strap would look amazing on your 7234a.

I think the 7234a is an amazing watch but too bad it was limited.

How do you feel about the pushers? Are they too big for the case or just right?
Thank you! I am ordering a blue strap and will certainly show how it looks once it arrives! I think the pushers are definitely fine with me.....just the right size and its also good for me to use to pushers to adjust the home and local timing conveniently!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
Nice score!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aproo View Post
Nice watch. What strap are you getting on it?
I ordered it from the AD....forgot which one was it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post
Big congrats, thats a beauty
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
What a lovely piece.

Thanks for sharing! Congrats, and enjoy in good health.
Thanks all for your compliment! Appreciate it :)
Old 6 February 2020, 03:23 PM   #107
Simon.DGV
"TRF" Member

Get some Patek or Rolex while you can; for fair price quotes you may check on David S W discusss what you need and have peace of mind while buying your desired timepieces.
Old 8 February 2020, 11:41 PM   #108
rajurama
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie@SIN View Post
Thank you :)

Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't have the exact measurements on the dimensions.

But I feel the size is right and its definitely a mid-size watch!

Thanks!

Thank you! I am ordering a blue strap and will certainly show how it looks once it arrives! I think the pushers are definitely fine with me.....just the right size and its also good for me to use to pushers to adjust the home and local timing conveniently!

Thanks!

I ordered it from the AD....forgot which one was it....

Thanks!

Thanks all for your compliment! Appreciate it :)
Just a rough ruler or a scale could measure the lug to lug , as even I have small wrists and want to know the Lug to Lug size

Sent from my Z2121 using Tapatalk
Old 12 February 2020, 01:19 PM   #109
Ryann24
"TRF" Member

Damn that's pretty
Ryann24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2020, 11:50 AM   #110
Newbie@SIN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryann24 View Post
Damn that's pretty

Thank you
Old 7 March 2020, 11:51 AM   #111
Newbie@SIN
"TRF" Member

New pic taken this week, still cannot get over the blue

Old 31 March 2020, 05:43 PM   #112
Newbie@SIN
"TRF" Member

New strap

Worn by wife

Old 31 March 2020, 07:04 PM   #113
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie@SIN View Post
New strap

Worn by wife

Very nice! May I say this strap does justice to the watch more than the original issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31 March 2020, 07:43 PM   #114
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Gorgeous. Gives just enough of a twist to seem really special..
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2020, 10:25 PM   #115
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great looking strap. Adds a lot to the watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 12:04 AM   #116
Newbie@SIN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwatchguy View Post
Very nice! May I say this strap does justice to the watch more than the original issue.
Thank you! Yes, the colour is very strap and more manly than the original strap :) That's why I have decided to change. Ordered more than 2 months ago...only arrived last weekend!
Old 1 April 2020, 12:04 AM   #117
Newbie@SIN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
Gorgeous. Gives just enough of a twist to seem really special..
Thank you! I totally love the blue
Old 1 April 2020, 12:05 AM   #118
Newbie@SIN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Great looking strap. Adds a lot to the watch.
Thank you! Absolutely....will post more pics of the watch with the new strap for sure....
Old 1 April 2020, 06:21 AM   #119
AASH
"TRF" Member

Watch: LOVE
This is just outstanding, congrats and wear it in good health
AASH is offline   Reply With Quote