The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 1 April 2020, 02:51 AM   #1
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Watch: What I am wearing.
Clearwater, FL Service Center Shutdown

I sent my blue dial Jumbo to Clearwater about 5 weeks ago, just as corona was starting to make some news. Nine weeks for the service was the estimate. Called them three weeks later when corona was in full swing and they were still working, in shifts, and hoping for only minimal delays.

Got the e-mail this morning that they have shut it all down. I am expecting a many months delay. Not complaining. It is what it is. I have other watches. Just letting everyone know they are shuttered so you can't send them anything, and if you have something there expect delays.

I am a giant dummy though. Sent my 16753 to LAWW two weeks before I sent the AP, and my 16710 is with Rolex NY. I picked a lovely time to go on a service spree.
Swaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 03:15 AM   #2
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Really sucks; absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Looking at your signature, you at least have enough left for a sizable rotation :)
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 04:39 AM   #3
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Got the same email regarding my 44 Panda that’s in for the movement upgrade & swapout. More time to appreciate the other watches we have!

Florida seemed to be about two or three weeks behind the other states in shutting things down so I would imagine it’ll last two or three weeks longer to reopen after other things open their doors again.
Old 1 April 2020, 11:03 AM   #4
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
Really sucks; absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Looking at your signature, you at least have enough left for a sizable rotation :)
I count myself very lucky to have another 15202 to wear
Old 1 April 2020, 01:35 PM   #5
ATLien
"TRF" Member

Logged in to post this.

Here’s a timetable:

3/12 (Thursday): Call Clearwater and AP Boutique in Atlanta to discuss dropping off my year-old 15202 for service; elect to drop it off at AP Boutique; I bring up possibility of Boutique and/or Clearwater closing and the watch being “stuck” somewhere other than Clearwater - both parties think that possibility is remote

3/13 (Friday): Drop the watch off

3/15 (Sunday): Friend who owns a business near the mall at which AP Boutique is located calls me and informs me that Simon will be closing the mall during the week; call AP Boutique and speak with Nina, who is extraordinarily rude and condescending - and constantly interrupting me - and informs me that “it’s paranoid to think that we will close the boutique; we have no plans to close the boutique or Clearwater”

3/16 (Monday): Watch ships to Clearwater

3/17 (Tuesday): Watch arrives in Clearwater

3/18 (Wednesday): AP Boutique in Atlanta closes until end of March; GREAT job Nina!

3/23-3/27 (M-F): Call Clearwater several times; am told they have no plans to close, and am promised that I will receive a call from Clearwater IF they close; was also told that there will be a message on the Clearwater answering machine IF Clearwater closes

3/31: Receive notice from AP Boutique that Clearwater is closed; no call from Clearwater, and no message on answering machine; AP Boutique is still closed, as is the mall

Absolutely DISMAL customer service from Nina at the AP Boutique, as well as Clearwater; inexcusable in any environment, pandemic or not. I had planned on buying another AP this year, as I adore my 15202 - notice I haven’t complained about it requiring service after a year of ownership ... now I can’t see any reason to patronize the brand again. Will likely go Vacheron instead.

For the sake of perspective, my Porsche GT3 is due for a substantial service - oil change, brakes, plugs, etc. - the owner of the shop called me today and offered to pick it up and drop it off if I want, free of charge (100 miles away, so that’s 400 miles of round trip drive time that I could avoid). Excellent customer service.

This will be a rough period for anyone who sells or serves the luxury good market; why compound it by treating your clientele like they don’t matter?
ATLien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 10:46 PM   #6
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
@ATLien—

Chill.
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 10:52 PM   #7
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexZen View Post
@ATLien—

Chill.
This.
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 07:14 AM   #8
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLien View Post
Logged in to post this.

Here’s a timetable:

3/12 (Thursday): Call Clearwater and AP Boutique in Atlanta to discuss dropping off my year-old 15202 for service; elect to drop it off at AP Boutique; I bring up possibility of Boutique and/or Clearwater closing and the watch being “stuck” somewhere other than Clearwater - both parties think that possibility is remote

3/15 (Sunday): Friend who owns a business near the mall at which AP Boutique is located calls me and informs me that Simon will be closing the mall during the week; call AP Boutique and speak with Nina, who is extraordinarily rude and condescending - and constantly interrupting me - and informs me that “it’s paranoid to think that we will close the boutique; we have no plans to close the boutique or Clearwater”

3/18 (Wednesday): AP Boutique in Atlanta closes until end of March; GREAT job Nina!

3/23-3/27 (M-F): Call Clearwater several times; am told they have no plans to close, and am promised that I will receive a call from Clearwater IF they close; was also told that there will be a message on the Clearwater answering machine IF Clearwater closes

3/31: Receive notice from AP Boutique that Clearwater is closed; no call from Clearwater, and no message on answering machine; AP Boutique is still closed, as is the mall

Absolutely DISMAL customer service from Nina at the AP Boutique, as well as Clearwater; inexcusable in any environment, pandemic or not. I had planned on buying another AP this year, as I adore my 15202 - notice I haven’t complained about it requiring service after a year of ownership ... now I can’t see any reason to patronize the brand again. Will likely go Vacheron instead.

For the sake of perspective, my Porsche GT3 is due for a substantial service - oil change, brakes, plugs, etc. - the owner of the shop called me today and offered to pick it up and drop it off if I want, free of charge (100 miles away, so that’s 400 miles of round trip drive time that I could avoid). Excellent customer service.

This will be a rough period for anyone who sells or serves the luxury good market; why compound it by treating your clientele like they don’t matter?
I really think closing shops due to a pandemic is out of everybody's control. Would I stop buying watches of a brand because a sales rep in the store who may or may not have an appreciation for watches and may not even own an AP is rude to me. NOPE. I'd just complain to the manager and demand that I would like to work with someone else next time. Rude salespeople especially for luxury goods should not exist but they always will...
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 08:13 AM   #9
GSDLover
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5205r-010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
I really think closing shops due to a pandemic is out of everybody's control. Would I stop buying watches of a brand because a sales rep in the store who may or may not have an appreciation for watches and may not even own an AP is rude to me. NOPE. I'd just complain to the manager and demand that I would like to work with someone else next time. Rude salespeople especially for luxury goods should not exist but they always will...
Plus you don't know what this person is going through right now.
GSDLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 08:27 AM   #10
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Quote:
@ATLien—

Chill.
Agreed.

I will add...on March 16th I had no plans of closing my offices down or really even thinking about letting people work from home. Little over 2 weeks later we are all on lock down and the business has lost over 50% revenue. Most people/business were thinking things would unfold this quickly. Having a luxury watch stuck in service right now is the least of most peoples worries.
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 08:50 AM   #11
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by singe89 View Post
...on March 16th I had no plans of closing my offices down or really even thinking about letting people work from home. Little over 2 weeks later we are all on lock down and the business has lost over 50% revenue. Most people/business were thinking things would unfold this quickly. Having a luxury watch stuck in service right now is the least of most peoples worries.
4/1 (Wednesday): @singe89 locked down until ????; GREAT job Singe!
Old 2 April 2020, 09:04 AM   #12
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Logged in to post this.

Here’s a timetable:

This is really sad. I hope you somehow manage to get through this very difficult time in your life.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 09:35 AM   #13
Daryl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

My YM is stock in Dallas RSC for service. Is fine with me:)

Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 11:20 AM   #14
ATLien
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
Nina haughtily informed me that she was the manager of the boutique in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
This is really sad. I hope you somehow manage to get through this very difficult time in your life.
Almost nobody needs a watch. Nobody needs a Swiss watch. Nobody needs a luxurious Swiss watch that costs as much as a Jumbo does / is worth, obviously. Hard to get excited about patronizing a brand that can’t control baseline levels of customer service.

Starting a GoFundMe soon!
Old 2 April 2020, 03:10 PM   #15
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Nina haughtily informed me that she was the manager of the boutique in question.

Almost nobody needs a watch. Nobody needs a Swiss watch. Nobody needs a luxurious Swiss watch that costs as much as a Jumbo does / is worth, obviously. Hard to get excited about patronizing a brand that can’t control baseline levels of customer service.

Starting a GoFundMe soon!

Instead of blaming Nina how about blaming this guy.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 09:56 PM   #16
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I self-isolated in the first week of March, so anyone doing anything after that date was taking a risk. Best to plan and think ahead when a global pandemic is coming.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 11:32 PM   #17
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I self-isolated in the first week of March, so anyone doing anything after that date was taking a risk. Best to plan and think ahead when a global pandemic is coming.
Yeah, I just checked my records and I shipped it on March 4th to Clearwater. I sort of knew that maybe things would get funky, but really had no clue that early in March the level of impact.

The good news is I just heard from LAWW last night and they have cracked open my 1984 16753 and service has commenced! So, should be getting that one back on the wrist during the pandemic I hope! Good news is hard to come by right now, so that was a pleasant surprise!

Photo of the guts of the 16753 that LAWW sent me last night. And one of it about a month before I shipped it to them. Can't wait to have that one back!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Guts_16753.jpg (75.2 KB, 462 views)
File Type: jpg TE10.jpg (123.2 KB, 464 views)
Old 2 April 2020, 11:38 PM   #18
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Logged in to post this.

Here’s a timetable:

Sorry to hear about your experience. Clearwater was great with me, I shipped direct to them and they have fallen all over themselves to be helpful. So much more hospitable than anytime I have dealt with RSC. I actually found AP service to be a breath of fresh air. They called me to tell me they received the watch, wrote me two weeks later to tell me they were not shut down and my Jumbo was still on track for 8-9 weeks, and then wrote me again to tell me when they were suspending operations. It sucks that it will be months before I get the watch back for sure, but COVID is such a once in a lifetime type event (I hope), it really can't be forecast. Sorry you had rude service though.
Old 2 April 2020, 11:40 PM   #19
Swaye
"TRF" Member

And, I had this beautiful guy on a few days ago to scratch my AP itch. So glad I bought a spare!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AP_1.jpg (83.4 KB, 460 views)
Old 3 April 2020, 02:15 AM   #20
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Quote:
4/1 (Wednesday): @singe89 locked down until ????; GREAT job Singe!
As long as it takes....

Closed the offices that Tuesday 3/17, gave everyone a decent bonus to have cash on hand and those that can work from home are doing so and the rest are sheltering in place but still getting a paycheck. Haven't let anyone go and don't plan to at this point. My business partners and I will take the brunt of the financial hit. We were smacked HARD in 2008 and had to let go over over 100 people and eventually sell the company. Prepared as much as possible to not be in that place again...but obviously we can't last forever like this so hopefully the world can get this virus under control.
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 02:25 AM   #21
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As long as it takes....

Closed the offices that Tuesday 3/17, gave everyone a decent bonus to have cash on hand and those that can work from home are doing so and the rest are sheltering in place but still getting a paycheck. Haven't let anyone go and don't plan to at this point. My business partners and I will take the brunt of the financial hit. We were smacked HARD in 2008 and had to let go over over 100 people and eventually sell the company. Prepared as much as possible to not be in that place again...but obviously we can't last forever like this so hopefully the world can get this virus under control.
You're a good man! Best of luck to you and your business.

Hard to prepare for something like this. Tough time for everyone.
Old 3 April 2020, 02:35 AM   #22
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As long as it takes....

Kudos to you. I just send you a PM.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 03:06 AM   #23
sciotoboy
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear your watch is in limbo.I just beat the shutdown,my watch was delivered 3/24.I had the best experience from start to finish,Adam was great,the watch was delivered before the date I had been given.Tough times for every business and their employees.
Old 3 April 2020, 04:15 AM   #24
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotoboy View Post
Sorry to hear your watch is in limbo.I just beat the shutdown,my watch was delivered 3/24.I had the best experience from start to finish,Adam was great,the watch was delivered before the date I had been given.Tough times for every business and their employees.
I'm using Adam as well. That guy is a total pleasure to deal with, in every way.

Glad you got yours out of service prison before the total lock down. I have convinced myself that this long time without it will make me appreciate it more.
Old 4 April 2020, 08:31 AM   #25
Roy7
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613, 16570
Quote:
Logged in to post this.

Here’s a timetable:

I'd also relax, people are losing jobs, money, and loved ones left and right. If they don't come to your house and pick up your AP give them a pass.

They also have my elephant and I'm equally sad at the prospect of not getting it back and getting a generic email about the delay.

I use Adam as well - he's been wonderful and I can only hope he, his family, and everyone there (and here) is safe and healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Roy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 08:05 AM   #26
slaughterer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Because, in an impersonal sense not related to any specific identity, the clientele really does not matter.
slaughterer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2020, 11:46 AM   #27
CrazyMD
"TRF" Member

Out of all the watch brands I have had, AP has had the absolute best customer service PERIOD. It annoys me that someone would write a post like this. Calm the F*** down.

#1) It’s a Watch

#2) there is a worldwide crisis happening that’s more important than your watch.

#3) Use common sense, everywhere was closing and states were shutting down, what did you expect?

#4) The world, businesses, and employees do not revolve around you especially in a time of crisis when people are dying

I am a part time ER physician. My friends and I have been sleeping in our garage for a month now to not expose our families to the virus. I shower at the hospital and see my wife and daughter through a window. A colleague of mine passed away 10 days ago due to corona virus and his family and 2 kids said their goodbyes with a walkie talkie outside the room...and there are ignorant guys like this complaining on a forum about the closure of the AP service center and their watch? I hope you don’t get your watch until 2021 so you have some time to get your mind back to reality and real life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CrazyMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2020, 06:16 AM   #28
ATLien
"TRF" Member

The AP service center remains closed - how embarrassing!
Old 20 May 2020, 09:52 AM   #29
lonaman
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 25548; PP 3919
Hmmm.... I received an email that they have resumed services. It stated...

"We are pleased to let you know that we have resumed operations.

However, our operations are limited as we want to ensure that we are operating in alignment with local legislation and CDC guidelines."
lonaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2020, 10:47 AM   #30
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The AP service center remains closed - how embarrassing!

Probably Nina’s fault.