The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 November 2019, 12:42 PM   #121
supersam80
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN, 26331ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbyman View Post
Is this way too big for my 6.5 inch wrist?
Fits really well imo
supersam80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2019, 01:54 PM   #122
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by impinth06 View Post

Let me chip in mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by impinth06 View Post

and the other one I have!

Brilliant.

Quote:
Nope. Fits good IMO. Elegant.
Old 19 November 2019, 02:25 PM   #123
Gunnroseclose
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's fit well for your wrist. Although I have 6.9 inch wrist but Overseas 2nd and 3rd gen is big for me, maybe because shape of my wrist is round, not flat as yours
Gunnroseclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 03:09 PM   #124
DasKptl
Banned

Overseas Dual Time with Black Dial:

https://monochrome-watches.com/vache...-review-price/

DasKptl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 04:34 PM   #125
JP123
"TRF" Member

I had the 3rd generation black dial three hander. In many ways it’s a perfect watch. The strap change system is superbly implemented. My issue was with the dial - I just found it too metallic/shiny. The same is true, for me, with the blue and brown versions. The silver, less so but it’s not really my style. My favourite is the ultra thin grey dial but obviously that’s a different ball park. I just wish they’d gone with more of a matt or textured finish on the dials and am still hoping for new releases that do.
JP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2019, 02:46 PM   #126
Cerachrom
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky Dweller Blue

Cerachrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2019, 06:59 PM   #127
djona
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A

I think this is too big for my wrist but I still want one. The boutique in Singapore told me that the stainless simple dates had sold out.
djona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2019, 02:31 AM   #128
Nacelle
"TRF" Member

So nice.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerachrom View Post

Nacelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2019, 03:29 AM   #129
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I cant stop thinking about getting on board with a VCO 4500V Black dial. No ADs near me in Michigan so I can't try one on my 7" flat wrist first. Any suggestions besides C/24? Maybe a road trip to Chicago or wait for a Florida vacation but not to thrilled about Mayors..I've also thought of chatting direct but I dont know if that would help and it would be nice to get a discount. Right now it seems like C/24 is my best option. Any ideas??
I'm loving this one!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2019, 02:44 AM   #130
LemaniaChrono
2024 Pledge Member

I've been interested in the automatic version but concerned about the fit/size on a 6.6inch wrist and I don't have any ADs around nor resellers with stock. I try and visit ADs when traveling for business but so far no luck with ADs having stock or my schedule doesn't allow a visit.
Wondering if Robbyman pulled the trigger, more pics?
LemaniaChrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2019, 07:46 AM   #131
chunk2020
"TRF" Member

Old skool...

chunk2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2019, 08:21 AM   #132
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelv_w View Post
I love it! I'm not sure how it fits on my 6.3" sized wrist.
I've been thinking about it quite a bit and was considering selling the BLNR for one. Not sure if it's a good move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbbgysam View Post
Attaching a love pic of the custom rotor

These backs are just amazing!!! Would love to see some more photos of these movements!!!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2019, 09:55 PM   #133
FHFinster
"TRF" Member

Official vacheron overseas thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunk2020 View Post

Old skool...

Incredible. What is the reference on that one?

(Ok I found it, the 49140)

Are the rubber/leather straps aftermarket or OEM for Vacheron?

FHFinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2019, 10:33 PM   #134
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikrnic View Post
I cant stop thinking about getting on board with a VCO 4500V Black dial. No ADs near me in Michigan so I can't try one on my 7" flat wrist first. Any suggestions besides C/24? Maybe a road trip to Chicago or wait for a Florida vacation but not to thrilled about Mayors..I've also thought of chatting direct but I dont know if that would help and it would be nice to get a discount. Right now it seems like C/24 is my best option. Any ideas??
I'm loving this one!

We have a boutique here in Toronto, not sure if that’s nay closer but you’ll do really well on the dollar exchange.

I had a look at the black dial a couple of weeks back ... lovely and about $24500 CDN as I recall.

EDIT: I have a flat shaped 7” wrist and the fit was absolutely perfect IMO.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2019, 01:29 AM   #135
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
We have a boutique here in Toronto, not sure if that’s nay closer but you’ll do really well on the dollar exchange.

I had a look at the black dial a couple of weeks back ... lovely and about $24500 CDN as I recall.

EDIT: I have a flat shaped 7” wrist and the fit was absolutely perfect IMO.
Thanks Brandrea, same wrist size too. I will check out Toronto, (one of three ADs) and the current exchange. I'm getting closer to making a decision on how to do this and just started to reach out and spoke with one (non ad) so far..

Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2019, 01:34 AM   #136
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Thanks Brandrea, same wrist size too. I will check out Toronto, (one of three ADs) and the current exchange. I'm getting closer to making a decision on how to do this and just started to reach out and spoke with one (non ad) so far..

Best of luck Nick, it sure is a beauty!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2019, 03:46 AM   #137
Verbow
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Make sure they have one in Chicago. Score making the trip. The retailer here Marshall Pierce - who I had a good previous experience with - was TOO soft sell.

I had stopped in twice over a two month span - chatted and said I’d like to try one on before ordering - gave them my name and number - and never heard from them. I finally called and wanted a price before ordering. I was told they were “hot” so not much discount but they’d have Jerry (the owner) call me to discuss. Never heard from him - strange because I had just purchased a watch from Jerry a few months before.

Long story short I got frustrated - I shouldn’t have to beg a store to take my business - and ended up going Chrono24 from a dealer with great reviews. The dealer sourced a new VC OS from an authorized dealer - warranty was registered - and I’m pleased as punch.

I will say Marshall Pierce will let you order one under no obligation - you can try it on and see if it’s to your liking - but I have a 7”ish wrist and love the OS!
Verbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2019, 09:52 AM   #138
Yellowfury
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
i've briefly considered getting a second hand overseas but i'd likely have to resize (enlarge) the bracelet. is it pretty hassle free to do so?
Old 30 November 2019, 04:00 AM   #139
Robbyman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Pepsi/Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemaniaChrono View Post
I've been interested in the automatic version but concerned about the fit/size on a 6.6inch wrist and I don't have any ADs around nor resellers with stock. I try and visit ADs when traveling for business but so far no luck with ADs having stock or my schedule doesn't allow a visit.
Wondering if Robbyman pulled the trigger, more pics?

Not gone for it yet, I’m still thinking if I can pull it off or not.
Robbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2019, 09:55 PM   #140
chunk2020
"TRF" Member

Yes you’re right it’s the gen1 which oringinally was on a bracelet but stuck on a nice vacheron strap.. I quite like straps as they accentuate the case and bezel design.

The OS1 was a brick bracelet, not like the OS2 and OS3 Maltese cross bracelets

chunk2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2019, 01:54 AM   #141
lovetherolex
Banned

There is an Overseas openworked perpetual calendar in the works. Should be a cracker.
lovetherolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2019, 08:15 AM   #142
Gunnroseclose
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunk2020 View Post
Yes you’re right it’s the gen1 which oringinally was on a bracelet but stuck on a nice vacheron strap.. I quite like straps as they accentuate the case and bezel design.

The OS1 was a brick bracelet, not like the OS2 and OS3 Maltese cross bracelets

OS1 fit nicely on my wrist
Gunnroseclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2019, 05:20 PM   #143
djona
"TRF" Member

Stuck between the blue and the black dials. On the one hand, I love that shade of rich blue. The blue would also add a splash of color to my monochrome collection (black Explorer and Khaki; silver Patek 5196g). On the other hand, I worry the blue is too flashy. Black is also my default color for all non-work clothes and I think the more timeless choice. If I go with the black, and I think I’m leaning that way, I like the idea of gifting the Explorer to a family member. Thoughts welcome.

Old 8 December 2019, 05:29 PM   #144
JayHantz
"TRF" Member

Watch: @Escapementt
Quote:
Originally Posted by djona View Post
Stuck between the blue and the black dials. On the one hand, I love that shade of rich blue. The blue would also add a splash of color to my monochrome collection (black Explorer and Khaki; silver Patek 5196g). On the other hand, I worry the blue is too flashy. Black is also my default color for all non-work clothes and I think the more timeless choice. If I go with the black, and I think I’m leaning that way, I like the idea of gifting the Explorer to a family member. Thoughts welcome.
If you like black, go black. I personally think the black strap and band would be more universal to your wardrobe than the blue offered with the blue dial. Both are stunners and you cannot make a bad choice. However, my vote for you is on the black dial.
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2019, 01:49 AM   #145
LemaniaChrono
2024 Pledge Member

djona, tough call. I would have to see in person. Based on your photos it’s even in my mind. Surprised how much I like black, the minute track and date window really stood out. I haven’t seen or noticed the contrast before. Milktoast, fence sitter answer is you can’t go wrong with either one.

Not to complicate things but have you seen the brown dial automatic? Your shirt in the photos made me think of it. I’ve confirmed with VC that it is discontinued but that is my current watch crush.

LemaniaChrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2019, 12:49 PM   #146
djona
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHantz View Post
If you like black, go black. I personally think the black strap and band would be more universal to your wardrobe than the blue offered with the blue dial. Both are stunners and you cannot make a bad choice. However, my vote for you is on the black dial.
I think you’re right. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemaniaChrono View Post
djona, tough call. I would have to see in person. Based on your photos it’s even in my mind. Surprised how much I like black, the minute track and date window really stood out. I haven’t seen or noticed the contrast before. Milktoast, fence sitter answer is you can’t go wrong with either one.

Not to complicate things but have you seen the brown dial automatic? Your shirt in the photos made me think of it. I’ve confirmed with VC that it is discontinued but that is my current watch crush.
I agree with you on the minute track on the black dial! It’s a detail I love that isn’t present on the blue dial. And no, I haven’t seen the brown dial in person. I like the brown more than the silver dial but less than the blue and black. It does match that shirt though... I hope you get it one day soon :)
Old 9 December 2019, 09:47 PM   #147
Blah114aa
Banned

Watch: Iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasKptl View Post
Overseas Dual Time with Black Dial:

https://monochrome-watches.com/vache...-review-price/

[IMG]https://k8q7r7a2.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Vacheron-Constantin-Overseas-Dual-Time-

I’m considering this piece myself.. the image was cut but the dual time in black
Blah114aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 11:51 AM   #148
JP_
"TRF" Member

Hi guys,

I just got my new VC Overseas 4500v last week. Could not be happier, what a stunner!
Question: the movement says 5100/1. Online photos I've looked at just say 5100 so I guess the movement was updated at some point.

Anyone know what the update was?

New

Old

Thanks!
JP
JP_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 01:11 PM   #149
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP_ View Post
Hi guys,

I just got my new VC Overseas 4500v last week. Could not be happier, what a stunner!
Question: the movement says 5100/1. Online photos I've looked at just say 5100 so I guess the movement was updated at some point.

Anyone know what the update was?

Thanks!
JP
I'm stumped on this one... From what I can find, the 5100/1 was the same as the 5100, but with a tungsten rotor. https://www.vacheron-constantin.com/...rs/5100-1.html

Hodinkee also has some photos here: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/th...-lile-in-steel

The engravings on your movement seem to be on different plates from the above photos. I'd love to know what the real difference is!
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 01:20 PM   #150
JP_
"TRF" Member

Yeah I found that info, too! But obviously my rotor is gold, not tungsten. The 5100/1 is supposedly used in the Quai de l’Ile range.
Very odd.
JP_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vacheron , vacheronconstantin