The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 January 2018, 09:07 AM   #31
hsfrank
"TRF" Member

Watch: President
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs146 View Post
I would report it to your insurance company to document it and make a record of the accident. Inform your insurance that the other driver is taking liability and he intends to pay out of pocket. I’d still absolutely make sure he provides you with his insurance information regardless of whether he intends on using it. Your insurance company may want to get that documented. In the event he doesn’t come through m you can then have your insurance company go after his insurance for payment. If he admits liability his insurance should have no issue covering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent advice. As a retired VP of Claims ,I concur 100%.

Time and Tide wait for no man

Rolex Cellini 4133
Tudor North Flag

HERS:
Rolex TTDJ
hsfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2018, 10:07 AM   #32
Tri-Tip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post
Talk to insurance company about diminished value claim. Once a car gets a dirty carfax, it’s values drops thousands.
I will keep the car to 80,000 miles or more, so I'm not too concerned about diminished value.
Tri-Tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2018, 10:19 AM   #33
turboevo2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT2C
Call your insurance right away because he can easily deny that the accident happen
turboevo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2018, 02:22 PM   #34
Tri-Tip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out!!!
Received a call from the other person's insurance this afternoon. Didn't recognize the phone number so I let it go to voicemail. Said they were calling from the insurance company regarding the woman who hit my car yesterday...key words: 'woman who hit my car'. Will call them back in the morning, and then call my insurance as well.
Tri-Tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2018, 05:03 PM   #35
68deluxe
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sperry View Post
Back in 2012, the valance on my 2000 Acura TL got smacked by a smack. I *think* it was quoted as a $650 job for the valance, painting the valance, new clips to install it, and labor. I took $200 from the guy and called it even, as all it needed was a good shove to pop it back into place, and it was already pretty scuffed up.

FYI: The $1,000 job quoted to a walk-in is performed at a discounted rate by the shop, like $600 or so. Whenever someone wants to pay I get leery (experience on this one).

A separate incident: In a California parking lot a driver backed into me as I was backing up. We agreed to settle our issues personally and separately. I do not recall giving her my insurance information but maybe I did. Months later I find out she claimed I was responsible, went after my insurance company, and my rate went up.

I used to be an agent for Progressive, I heard stories like this all the time. Always call the police and get a report, always notify your insurance company. If you do not, often the other guy calls his company first and that is the story that will stick. Not sure if it changed, but it used to be that once you call your company it gets documented. It will show as an accident even if the company does not have to pay out. When I left the business some states were changing the rules so not sure now.
68deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2018, 06:11 PM   #36
waQstar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16760
File the claim, your rate will not go up if it's not your fault even if your own insurance pays for it