The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 October 2019, 02:12 PM   #31
Brny11
"TRF" Member

Not sure I care about lume. Looks cool in black light and some other scenarios, but I enjoyed my grand Seiko without any lume.
Brny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2019, 06:18 PM   #32
Brew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
How about an example of such a torch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll ask, next time someone whips out his glow-in-the-dark watch in the theater. I'm going to guess it will be a Ball.
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2019, 06:42 PM   #33
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 View Post
Hate to say it, but Timex Indiglo is amazing. On when you want it, off when you don’t.
No shame in the truth. Timex Indiglo is an excellent and inexpensive solution. G-Shock is great as well.
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2019, 07:19 PM   #34
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Someone posted on another thread that the biggest variable here is one's eyesight.

Notwithstanding that, I placed my SD43 on my nightstand at around midnight last night. IT had been worn all day in variable lighting conditions, but the last 4 hours were at home in a far from bright environment.

When I woke up this morning some six and a half hours later, I was easily able to read the time in a dark, but not pitch black, room.

Given the lack of any specific "charging" with a bright light source, I thought that the chromalight performance was particularly good.

My Seikos glow brighter at the outset, but without question my SD43 glows (useably) longer.

I'm not suggesting that others may not have different experiences, but I do think that some of you are expecting the impossible within the constraints of physics.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2019, 07:26 PM   #35
challer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmaker View Post
Tritium has a half life of approximately 12 years. That’s a far cry from perpetual illumination.
No source will last forever. But tritium and radium work around the Glock which was point.
challer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2019, 07:28 PM   #36
abozz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660, 126600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Someone posted on another thread that the biggest variable here is one's eyesight.

Notwithstanding that, I placed my SD43 on my nightstand at around midnight last night. IT had been worn all day in variable lighting conditions, but the last 4 hours were at home in a far from bright environment.

When I woke up this morning some six and a half hours later, I was easily able to read the time in a dark, but not pitch black, room.

Given the lack of any specific "charging" with a bright light source, I thought that the chromalight performance was particularly good.

My Seikos glow brighter at the outset, but without question my SD43 glows (useably) longer.

I'm not suggesting that others may not have different experiences, but I do think that some of you are expecting the impossible within the constraints of physics.
I sleep with my watch on every day, because I need to read time each time I wake up (3, 5 or more times each night), and the performance of my Rolex is perfect all night with enouph amount of chromalight burning to be visible without effort for me. That is my experience every night

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk
abozz is offline   Reply With Quote