The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 September 2019, 11:05 AM   #31
10klakes
"TRF" Member

Watch: Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
Just because an AD cannot "order" a watch does not mean it is discontinued. I would venture to say all professional models regardless of metal are likely allocated now. The AD receives what Rolex sends to them.

I was careful to not say discontinued in my post, nor did the AD say discontinued.

Last year this same thing happened with the WG BLRO (I couldn’t order), and it was re-released at Basel. So- it’s very possible it gets an update.
10klakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 11:12 AM   #32
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

I think the whole sub line is ready for an update no?
Old 28 September 2019, 11:24 AM   #33
nektar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlover View Post
Ordered one bout a month ago and received it week and a 1/2 ago

Here you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nektar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 11:25 AM   #34
nektar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
I was offered a nice discount on one ( 116618ln) last week from a Dallas Area AD. I passed as I picked up 7 new rolex models this summer. Figured I needed to pump the breaks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7? Congrats sir

nektar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 04:23 PM   #35
MARGARITATIME
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610lv, 116710BL
My favorite, just can't stomach the price. Love blue and subs so of course I want one. Don't care about WG, but it is the only way it comes so far.
MARGARITATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 04:28 PM   #36
In-Cog-Neeto
"TRF" Member

Smurf is stunning

One day (maybe, if I’m really lucky.......)
Old 28 September 2019, 05:02 PM   #37
Kirk19
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT II BLNR
re

just saw one in the display case at an AD in Brussels... Also saw one at another AD in Knokke in the seem week this month. In Belgium it appears it can be easily obtained
I did not ask about ordering but it could well be if you can't order one that it will get an update soon. The sub line is due for an update anyway, I guess new movement with more power reserve??
Kirk19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 06:10 PM   #38
Pongster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousMaximus View Post
Whats the cost of the new Smurf if there's going to be one...?
$46 KK-a-roonies!

I'll keep my YG Smurf...
Is there a YG Smurf? Not as a special order?
Pongster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 06:11 PM   #39
Pongster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post
My fingers are tightly crossed that it be discontinued

Why?
Old 28 September 2019, 07:02 PM   #40
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongster View Post
Is there a YG Smurf? Not as a special order?
No but the first dial option on the 116618LB used to be flat blue vs current sunburst.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 07:30 PM   #41
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

My favourite Sub date. I've seen one at the AD and to my eyes it looks nothing like the SS cased models. It's very special. And heavy. More than I would spend on a watch, but admiration where admiration is due.

My AD is murmuring to the effect that 2020 will be the year of the Submariner, but that's an educated guess at best.
Harry-57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 07:52 PM   #42
Pongster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
No but the first dial option on the 116618LB used to be flat blue vs current sunburst.
Ah ok. So a flat blue dialled YG sub is not a “bluesy”.

Maybe, the next 116619LB would have a blue sunburst dial. Since the flat blue is already taken care of by pelagos.
Old 28 September 2019, 09:30 PM   #43
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Great news. I like the price increase. I dont mind.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 09:45 PM   #44
"TRF" Member

Lets hope they don’t re-release it with a sunburst dial..
997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 10:56 PM   #45
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongster View Post
Why?
Joke
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 11:01 PM   #46
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Interesting.

My AD had one in his case last weekend.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 12:06 AM   #47
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997 View Post
This is exactly what I’d want. I don’t like the flat blue
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 12:22 AM   #48
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Different strokes. I preferred the flat blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
This is exactly what I’d want. I don’t like the flat blue
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 12:51 AM   #49
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
Smurf - no longer can order

HL65 is right in point as usual. Not a special order. They were made in V-Serial 2008-2009 a plenty, and ended with a few made thru 2103. I currently have a Random Serial Smurf which is one of the last ever produced by Rolex

I went thru at least 2 YG flat blue dial subs, and 2 WG Smurfs, and ended with the one below...

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
LuminousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 12:57 AM   #50
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousMaximus View Post
HL65 is right in point as usual. Not a special order. They were made in V-Serial 2008-2009 a plenty, and ended with a few made thru 2103. I currently have a Random Serial Smurf which is one of the last ever produced by Rolex

I went thru at least 2 YG flat blue dial subs, and 2 WG Smurfs, and ended with the one below...

I enjoy seeing this one Sam, beauty
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 01:31 AM   #51
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Fairy story app like many posts on forum lately,but today Rolex are no longer watches just now little more than ££££$$$$$.
You act like watches are free.

It's one thing to treat watches like stocks, anyone that's been around here long enough knows how silly that is.

It's another thing to observe the market and utilize that information. Not just to select a watch that you feel is a good value, but also to enhance the enjoyment of this hobby as the watch market and collecting in general is fascinating to many of us.

Then there's your take that watches, Rolex specifically, should be treated like a $20 hammer from the hardware store. There's a balance to everything, and while I think the hammer comparison is ridiculous, I appreciate those that truly use their watches for what they are, I just think you don't have a realistic understanding of what they are in the today's world.

This isn't internet fantasy land, as you like to put it, this is simply the internet. This is the world we live in TODAY. This is social media. You're one of the most senior mods on probably the best watch forum on the internet, and you discredit it, and yourself daily by acting like the "internet" serves no useful purpose in this hobby, rather hurts it and is the primary reason for the extinction of the "true enthusiasts". People like you that thinks watches are free and should be used to hammer in nails.

At a certain point it comes off snobby to constantly tell people they are idiots making calculated choices with their money, that they're living in "internet fantasy land". Sometimes it’s like you’re saying if you have to worry about money you're not allowed in this club.

There are plenty of posts and threads that annoy me just as much as they do you, but there's really nothing more annoying than your constant negativity and belittling those that don't share your exact perspectives on what this hobby should be.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 01:34 AM   #52
In-Cog-Neeto
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997 View Post
Seconded

Sunburst would ruin it

The flat blue looks awesome

Which means Basel 2020, sunburst Smurf here wengo
Old 29 September 2019, 01:45 AM   #53
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post

It's one thing to treat watches like stocks, anyone that's been around here long enough knows how silly that is.

It's another thing to observe the market and utilize that information. Not just to select a watch that you feel is a good value, but also to enhance the enjoyment of this hobby as the watch market and collecting in general is fascinating to many of us.

Then there's your take that watches, Rolex specifically, should be treated like a $20 hammer from the hardware store. There's a balance to everything, and while I think the hammer comparison is ridiculous, I appreciate those that truly use their watches for what they are, I just think you don't have a realistic understanding of what they are in the today's world.

This isn't internet fantasy land, as you like to put it, this is simply the internet. This is the world we live in TODAY. This is social media. You're one of the most senior mods on probably the best watch forum on the internet, and you discredit it, and yourself daily by acting like the "internet" serves no useful purpose in this hobby, rather hurts it and is the primary reason for the extinction of the "true enthusiasts". People like you that thinks watches are free and should be used to hammer in nails.

At a certain point it comes off snobby to constantly tell people they are idiots making calculated choices with their money, that they're living in "internet fantasy land". Sometimes it’s like you’re saying if you have to worry about money you're not allowed in this club.

There are plenty of posts and threads that annoy me just as much as they do you, but there's really nothing more annoying than your constant negativity and belittling those that don't share your exact perspectives on what this hobby should be.
Ill give that an AMEN!! My sentiments exactly......EVERY word
Investr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 01:49 AM   #54
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Investr View Post
Ill give that an AMEN!! My sentiments exactly......EVERY word
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 01:50 AM   #55
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:

Well said
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 02:00 AM   #56
Luther89
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Fairy story app like many posts on forum lately,but today Rolex are no longer watches just now little more than ££££$$$$$.
You have said that same thing 1,000 times!
Luther89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 02:06 AM   #57
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:

Well put. And very well said.

Agree with your sentiment.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 02:11 AM   #58
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Agreed. I'm probably as bored of reading the "little more than ££££$$$" statement on so many posts as he is of reading so many posts about values.
3sheets86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 02:11 AM   #59
brmeyers
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...Your Thoughts
There are a lot of watches ADs cannot order now.
Though this does make sense as I feel a Sub refresh coming.
I vote for a sunburst dial on a WG Sub like the SABR minus the diamonds...
brmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 03:13 AM   #60
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmeyers View Post
There are a lot of watches ADs cannot order now.
Though this does make sense as I feel a Sub refresh coming.
I vote for a sunburst dial on a WG Sub like the SABR minus the diamonds...
You and me both brother
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote