The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 15 September 2018, 12:27 PM   #1
erik asher
"TRF" Member

New Panerai Release Update (and some other Panerai news)

I Went to the NYC Boutique today and tried on two of the five new Blue dial releases. The PAM 733 SS 42MM with silver hands and the PAM 734 RG 45MM with gold hands. The gradient blue dial is darker than the sunburst blue dial of the 670/690. (I posted pictures comparing the two on FB—you can really see the difference.) Please note that three of the five new blues have silver hands. Only the 932 and 934 have gold hands.

Just because I know people want to see live pictures of the Wall Clock PAMs, I have included a photo of each on FB as well. While I was at the boutique, someone came in and bought the cream colour dial while I was taking pictures of the PAMs. Also, the 779 sold while I was in the boutique and before I could take a picture of it (I didn’t want to interrupt their sale!). They also have the new 8 day releases, including the Destro. I didn’t take pictures but everyone can see true to life pictures on the internet. The Destro was cool. I didn’t really understand the TI brown dial with black hands and the power reserve with the short fat arrow didn’t do it for me.

And two more items of note.

(1) As of today, the PAM 692 BMG went up in price by app $3k.

(2). It looks like there will be a new bronzo released for SIHH 2019 (some pictures have shown a ceramic bezel but no one really knows whether these pics have been photoshopped).

Please let me know if you are interested in any of these new releases and I can try to make something happen.
erik asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2018, 01:17 PM   #2
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Please post the pictures here ... many of us don’t have Facebook
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2018, 02:18 PM   #3
tig00s1783
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116710BLNR
What’s your Facebook I’d?
tig00s1783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2018, 04:03 PM   #4
DLVEGA
"TRF" Member

What?!?! I was just there this past weekend....

Son of a B******!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DLVEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2018, 04:43 PM   #5
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks for the report. Would be happy to see the photos you have. Tapatalk works well here (very easy).

As for the 692 $$€€ news, it looks like the new CEO’s statements in the interview about making cutting edge materials in “affordable” releases was a bunch of BS. Especially after making customers wait over a year so they could figure out how to produce it. Not a good start for him.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2018, 07:24 PM   #6
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
How do you live!!!!
Old 15 September 2018, 08:25 PM   #7
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Thanks for the report. Would be happy to see the photos you have. Tapatalk works well here (very easy).

As for the 692 $$€€ news, it looks like the new CEO’s statements in the interview about making cutting edge materials in “affordable” releases was a bunch of BS. Especially after making customers wait over a year so they could figure out how to produce it. Not a good start for him.
Cru—it’s exactly the point I have been making re reliability of information coming from OP. It’s a bit of “Wild West” when it comes to comms and information. In this instance, one would say last weeek that a price increase in the 692 would be impossible. After all, it was just recently released—didn’t they already know their cost of production?! And then to make a public statement on it?! It’s really hard to reconcile quite candidly.

But it rounds out my point nicely from a previous post where I say it’s hard to rely upon any information you get. Thankfully we love the watches!
erik asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2018, 09:03 PM   #8
nick c
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I don’t have one as well LOL but the wife has one
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2018, 11:21 PM   #9
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik asher View Post
I Went to the NYC Boutique today and tried on two of the five new Blue dial releases. The PAM 733 SS 42MM with silver hands and the PAM 734 RG 45MM with gold hands. The gradient blue dial is darker than the sunburst blue dial of the 670/690. (I posted pictures comparing the two on FB—you can really see the difference.) Please note that three of the five new blues have silver hands. Only the 932 and 934 have gold hands.

Just because I know people want to see live pictures of the Wall Clock PAMs, I have included a photo of each on FB as well. While I was at the boutique, someone came in and bought the cream colour dial while I was taking pictures of the PAMs. Also, the 779 sold while I was in the boutique and before I could take a picture of it (I didn’t want to interrupt their sale!). They also have the new 8 day releases, including the Destro. I didn’t take pictures but everyone can see true to life pictures on the internet. The Destro was cool. I didn’t really understand the TI brown dial with black hands and the power reserve with the short fat arrow didn’t do it for me.

And two more items of note.

(1) As of today, the PAM 692 BMG went up in price by app $3k.

(2). It looks like there will be a new bronzo released for SIHH 2019 (some pictures have shown a ceramic bezel but no one really knows whether these pics have been photoshopped).

Please let me know if you are interested in any of these new releases and I can try to make something happen.

I would love to see pictures of the 932:) what did you think of it? How is it in person? Unfortunately I quit Facebook 5 years ago.
vivicorsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2018, 01:50 AM   #10
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik asher View Post
Cru—it’s exactly the point I have been making re reliability of information coming from OP. It’s a bit of “Wild West” when it comes to comms and information. In this instance, one would say last weeek that a price increase in the 692 would be impossible. After all, it was just recently released—didn’t they already know their cost of production?! And then to make a public statement on it?! It’s really hard to reconcile quite candidly.

But it rounds out my point nicely from a previous post where I say it’s hard to rely upon any information you get. Thankfully we love the watches!

Luckily for Panerai’s management, their ineptitude doesn’t overcome the basic goodness of Panerai and its fans.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2018, 04:36 AM   #11
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer7 View Post
How do you live!!!!
No Facebook here either. Spending time on TRF with you guys...
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote