The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 11 April 2021, 10:38 PM   #1
GS93108
"TRF" Member

No more MARVEL/AP releases until 2024

BREAKING NEWS

Francois-Henry Benahmias, better known as FHB, has decided, based on the now common place criticisms of AP’s recent releases, and the fresh concerns as to his personal dress sense and the commensurate negative affect that he is having on Berluti as well as AP, to NOT release ANY more MARVEL watches until 2024, when hopefully the dust may have settled.

Apparently this decision was based on advice and mental health counselling from some former high profile members of the British Royal Family who were concerned as to his ‘dual personality’ issues when he openly associated himself with the HULK.

FHB, being known to exploit every possible commercial, celebrity and PR opportunity took full advantage of the audience with the former royals and sought further advice as to how best make the biggest vapid publicity noise.

The reaction from the AP board is as to be expected, and just one day after launching a sell out watch and raising millions for charity, the board is worried that the brand that has taken 150 years to build has been decimated overnight.

AP hopes that it can stave off bankruptcy long enough to find a replacement for FHB and to make AP GREAT AGAIN. Rumours are already flying around that a former US president has put his hat in the ring, but apparently that comes with a rider that the next Marvel/AP release must be Captain America, albeit with a few tweaks and orange accents.

Only time will tell what the future holds for AP. Good luck AP and Godspeed.

p.s.

It really is true that there are no more MARVEL/AP releases until 2024
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 10:43 PM   #2
Analysing You
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
BREAKING NEWS

Francois-Henry Benahmias, better known as FHB, has decided, based on the now common place criticisms of AP’s recent releases, and the fresh concerns as to his personal dress sense and the commensurate negative affect that he is having on Berluti as well as AP, to NOT release ANY more MARVEL watches until 2024, when hopefully the dust may have settled.

Apparently this decision was based on advice and mental health counselling from some former high profile members of the British Royal Family who were concerned as to his ‘dual personality’ issues when he openly associated himself with the HULK.

FHB, being known to exploit every possible commercial, celebrity and PR opportunity took full advantage of the audience with the former royals and sought further advice as to how best make the biggest vapid publicity noise.

The reaction from the AP board is as to be expected, and just one day after launching a sell out watch and raising millions for charity, the board is worried that the brand that has taken 150 years to build has been decimated overnight.

AP hopes that it can stave off bankruptcy long enough to find a replacement for FHB and to make AP GREAT AGAIN. Rumours are already flying around that a former US president has put his hat in the ring, but apparently that comes with a rider that the next Marvel/AP release must be Captain America, albeit with a few tweaks and orange accents.

p.s.

lol. Just LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Analysing You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 10:45 PM   #3
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
LOL.

Why marvel would partner with AP is beyond me. There are many other brands that could offer Marvel themed watches at a fraction of the price. AP must have paid a butt load for the licensing.

It is just a confusing strategy. When I first heard about the partnership I thought it could work. But these pieces aren't going to sell well IMO and I am not sure huge comic book fans would shell out 150 large for a watch.

Just think about a captain America color scheme on a ROO with an aged leather strap. It could be both tasteful and popular. Or a green hulk dial that fades to black illustrating the rage within. A lot of tasteful options.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 11:03 PM   #4
capote
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
LOL.

Why marvel would partner with AP is beyond me. There are many other brands that could offer Marvel themed watches at a fraction of the price. AP must have paid a butt load for the licensing.

It is just a confusing strategy. When I first heard about the partnership I thought it could work. But these pieces aren't going to sell well IMO and I am not sure huge comic book fans would shell out 150 large for a watch.

Just think about a captain America color scheme on a ROO with an aged leather strap. It could be both tasteful and popular. Or a green hulk dial that fades to black illustrating the rage within. A lot of tasteful options.
Well Invicta has a collaboration with Marvel, so AP is in good company...something something to master the rules.
capote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 11:46 PM   #5
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capote View Post
Well Invicta has a collaboration with Marvel, so AP is in good company...
Yeah, but who does Black Panther better - you be the judge:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Invicta_BP.jpg (151.8 KB, 650 views)
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 11:56 PM   #6
capote
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Umm, both are aimed at 11 year old nerds I guess? Only AP aims at the ultra high net worth 11 year olds.

The hands doesn’t originate in Black Panthers crotch on the Invicta, I’ll give them that
capote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 11:59 PM   #7
AperolSpritz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Umm, both are aimed at 11 year old nerds I guess? Only AP aims at the ultra high net worth 11 year olds.

The hands doesn’t originate in Black Panthers crotch on the Invicta, I’ll give them that
you made my day!
AperolSpritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 12:04 AM   #8
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 12:41 AM   #9
startrolexendrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Is a toss up.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
startrolexendrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 08:03 AM   #10
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
BREAKING NEWS

p.s.

You have way too much time on your hands Gary!!

But glad you do!! lol

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2021, 01:36 AM   #11
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

2024? By that time, the appeal of marvel (since the avengers movie series would be a more distant past) will have faded among the adults who can afford such collaboration watches.
danicasi2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2021, 02:17 AM   #12
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
You have way too much time on your hands Gary!!

But glad you do!! lol

And that was my 666th post. They say the devil finds work for idle hands.

Old 18 April 2021, 03:47 AM   #13
GS93108
"TRF" Member

and you all thought I was joking...

https://twitter.com/AudemarsPiguet/s...547720711?s=20