"TRF" Member

Watch: addict
Reverso Medium :)
moting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2021, 10:08 AM   #32
acaixguard
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, ALS
Just saw this thread revival. I actually ended up going with the ALS Saxonia Thin. I posted this in an incoming thread a while ago, but the short story is, I went in to pick up the JLC MUT, but saw the Saxonia sitting in the display case. I just decided to try it on again for kicks, but couldn't shake the feeling of that being the dress watch I should go with.

Ultimately, I would still love to pick up a Reverso in the future.
acaixguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2021, 12:00 AM   #33
chloebear
Banned

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF_Rob View Post
Maybe this will help lean you more to JLC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm beginning to think I might ultimately just have two dressy options. This Reverso - and all Reverso's for that matter - look amazing. Great pic! But I also lose my mind over the Master line and of course the Geophysic 1958. Thanks for sharing.
chloebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2021, 12:09 AM   #34
chloebear
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acaixguard View Post
Just saw this thread revival. I actually ended up going with the ALS Saxonia Thin. I posted this in an incoming thread a while ago, but the short story is, I went in to pick up the JLC MUT, but saw the Saxonia sitting in the display case. I just decided to try it on again for kicks, but couldn't shake the feeling of that being the dress watch I should go with.

Ultimately, I would still love to pick up a Reverso in the future.
Hey OP, congrats on an amazing watch! I guess these watches (JLC and Lange) are sort of the usual suspects when guys are looking for a high end mechanical dress watch. I've been hot on the Lange for a long time, but I've never seen it in person. I should probably hold off on my purchase until I see it live. I've seen the JLC a few times and I know they look amazing.

How much wrist time does your Lange get? Did you go white or rose gold? Please share some pics if you will please. Congrats again!
Old 5 April 2021, 12:18 AM   #35
chloebear
Banned

Follow up to my follow up....

I see from your signature that you have the 126610 and the 126711, plus the Lange. That's roughly what I'm building towards. My steel Rolex daily beater is my Explorer. I'm looking to add a two tone Rolex (Sub, Daytona or GMT) and of course a dress watch. I'll likely get a JLC, but the dream shot would be the Saxonia Thin!

I think your trio is damn near perfect!
Old 15 April 2021, 07:46 AM   #36
makrxx
Banned

Slightly off-topic, does JLC's warranty card have a name on it similar to the old Rolex warranty card? Does it matter if the name was registered in someone else's if I need to bring it for servicing one day?
makrxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2021, 08:54 AM   #37
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

When you get Reverso Duo, it is like getting two watches for the price of one. You can use it either for another time zone, or like me since I do not travel right now, same local time zone. I just flip the watch and (sometimes bracelet) to have a completely different look. It has not been stressed enough, that the new bracelets are interchangeable including the deployment buckle, no need for any tool. The JLC Casa Fagliano straps are nice, but the Fagliano straps made in Argentina are a notch better (based on the pics) and more expensive. Both my wife and I have Reversos, I have large, she has women medium (no second hand). Men medium is slightly bigger than women one and has a second hand. Very accurate, butter smooth to wind. Having Fagliano straps I wear them casually, with crocodile, you can dress up.
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2021, 10:19 AM   #38
AF_Rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Polar/OP/BB
Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris72 View Post
When you get Reverso Duo, it is like getting two watches for the price of one.
My exact justification for a semi impulsive purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AF_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote