The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 10 April 2021, 01:44 AM   #241
Fallranger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk (116610LV)
I got my inoculation the natural way, by getting Covid. Not too bad at all for me and hope all of the madness is over with soon enough. No celebration until life goes back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10 April 2021, 02:19 AM   #242
Boothroyd
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
I get the second Moderna jab late Saturday with my wife. Leaving Sunday wide open with some easy, clean meals on hand if we don't feel well. Expect the worst case is that we are back in the groove on Monday morning. We will see.
Old 10 April 2021, 02:52 AM   #243
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingface66 View Post
Paul, I just read an article about antibodies post-testing. It’s somewhat encouraging what the experts are saying, and alleviates concerns that if you’re not showing antibodies then maybe the vaccine didn’t work. Which doesn’t seem to be the case at all.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

https://www.businessinsider.com/covi...il-2021-3?op=1

Early data seems to show a trend in that the geographic areas using the vaccines with the lowest efficacy, tend to have produced dangerous mutations (or sheer coincidence). Prior studies on pandemics have shown that introducing inoculations mid-pandemic (rather than at the very start), causes mutations to the pathogen (sometimes dangerous in nature). Think overuse of antibiotics and cleaners causing MRSA as being a similar concept. Not fully understood yet. It's a personal choice whether to get or not, but we are still very early in the data here. These vaccinations do not give you immunity, but rather help reduce symptoms. My worry is those that are inoculated and perhaps that would otherwise show minor symptoms (signaling to stay home bc sick), may not show any symptoms now and can be silent spreaders. Luckily, early data has shown most contagion is with visible symptoms. The intent of the vaccines were to reduce the most severe cases, which they seem to be pretty efficient at doing (at least with respect to the original strains). The inoculation doesn't mean you can't contract and/or pass along to others. I have a feeling there is a lot more needed to be examined before we know everything with certainty. There are also 6 other strains of Coronavirus (including SARS 1 and MERS on the dangerous end and 4 less dangerous cold like coronaviruses in addition). Those are all in circulation still. I do wonder how these vaccines will interact with those existing coronavirus respiratory illnesses. I do recall (anecdotally speaking) that during H1N1 we did see ventilator driven hospitalizations as well (albeit with much less tracking). So while new, it does seem we are maybe ignoring some earlier lessons learned.

Please be careful everyone whether vaccinated or not and stay safe.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2021, 03:09 AM   #244
hbg1
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116900
I've been following this thread since it started and happy to say for my 100th post I can add that we're getting our first doses of Pfizer on Monday and Tuesday!

Managed to get appointments a little while ago, it's no small feat here in MA and I'm honestly still in a bit of shock
hbg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2021, 05:35 AM   #245
REQUIEMnJADED4U
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C Date, Pepsi
I just got my 2nd Pfizer shot at lunchtime a few hours ago. So far so good! However, for some strange reason, my phone is now receiving 7G reception.
REQUIEMnJADED4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2021, 08:22 AM   #246
jamie
"TRF" Member

2nd Moderna this Monday or Wednesday. No issues with the first.

We travel a ton and I suspect most EU countries will soon require proof of vaccination for entry.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 04:03 AM   #247
REQUIEMnJADED4U
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C Date, Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by REQUIEMnJADED4U View Post
I just got my 2nd Pfizer shot at lunchtime a few hours ago. So far so good! However, for some strange reason, my phone is now receiving 7G reception.
26 hours post 2nd Pfizer shot and happy to say absolutely no side effects other than a sore arm that is significantly better now than it was last night.
REQUIEMnJADED4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 04:12 AM   #248
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Got my first Phizer yesterday afternoon, sore arm but other then that no real side effects
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 05:48 AM   #249
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallranger View Post
I got my inoculation the natural way, by getting Covid. Not too bad at all for me and hope all of the madness is over with soon enough. No celebration until life goes back to normal.

Unfortunately, I don't think it works that way. My understanding is those who have had covid could still experience a second severe/life threatening case where as those who receive the vaccine may contract covid but the symptoms will not be severe.....then again, has it been long enough for anyone to really know anything for sure.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 08:57 AM   #250
Boothroyd

It's a watch forum, so take this with a grain of salt. Just returned from second Moderna jab. Guy who interviewed me was a head pharmacist at a local CVS who was volunteering at the event. I asked what he would suggest, if anything, to ward off potential second shot reactions.

He was quite emphatic that the best way to handle it is to stay hydrated and to take Tylenol to stay ahead of any effects (NOT Advil or Motrin...Acetaminophen only). Decided to take his advice. I specifically asked him, it wasn't something they were suggesting to people as part of the process.

Throwing it out there so you can ask about it if you are on the Moderna cycle. We will see.
Old 11 April 2021, 10:35 AM   #251
chappuy1750

Watch: JLC
Got lucky today. My neighbor is a Pharmacist and he told me about a standby list that opened up for the Pfizer at a local hospital. Popped the kids in the car, got in line and got our shots! From the time my neighbor said "go now" to the time we got home, less than 2 hours! Didn't feel it go in, doesn't hurt and so far (know on wood) no reaction. Feeling very lucky to have such a great neighbor.
chappuy1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 11:15 AM   #252
Romeojk

Watch: Submariner 114060
First Covid Innoculation Received; Anyone Else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallranger View Post

I have to agree with Wade, my un-professional opinion is you should still get the vaccine.

A friend of mine had Covid and still was told to get the vaccine when available so he did do just that and got the vaccine.

I got my second Moderna shot a week ago. No real side affects for me.

Good luck everyone! Hopefully we can rock this summer!

I really miss people.

Romeojk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 11:35 AM   #253
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
I got my first Moderna shot on Thursday. No side effects other than a sore shoulder.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 11:44 AM   #254
EndlessEight

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothroyd View Post
It's a watch forum, so take this with a grain of salt. Just returned from second Moderna jab. Guy who interviewed me was a head pharmacist at a local CVS who was volunteering at the event. I asked what he would suggest, if anything, to ward off potential second shot reactions.

He was quite emphatic that the best way to handle it is to stay hydrated and to take Tylenol to stay ahead of any effects (NOT Advil or Motrin...Acetaminophen only). Decided to take his advice. I specifically asked him, it wasn't something they were suggesting to people as part of the process.

Throwing it out there so you can ask about it if you are on the Moderna cycle. We will see.
Keep me posted. My 2nd moderne is Monday
EndlessEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 12:18 PM   #255
AAMD11
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Worldtimer
Got both already. Got the Pfizer, first shot just a sore arm. Second gave me a bit of muscle aches, chills, and headache. Lasted maybe a day. Day after that was like if nothing happened.
Old 12 April 2021, 02:21 AM   #256
Boothroyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAMD11 View Post
Got both already. Got the Pfizer, first shot just a sore arm. Second gave me a bit of muscle aches, chills, and headache. Lasted maybe a day. Day after that was like if nothing happened.
This is what I am experiencing on the Moderna second dose today. Body aches, very light headache, like I am dehydrated. A little foggy. Reminds of the feeling you have when you know you are catching a cold. Nothing more serious than that.

I did sleep well past my normal wakeup. I think it would be tough to put in a full day's work if you had to do presentations, lead meetings. YMMV.
Old 12 April 2021, 03:27 AM   #257
Springfield
"TRF" Member

I had my first Moderna jab a week ago. Other than very faint (and very, very occasional) soreness, I did not have any issues.

My main motivator to get this vaccination as soon as I could, was so I could go on various postponed international scuba trips without (hopefully) any issues with the resorts, flights, etc.
Springfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 09:16 AM   #258
HHIslander
"TRF" Member

Got the JJ shot yesterday AM. No side effects.
HHIslander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2021, 01:49 AM   #259
colpol
"TRF" Member

Just got mines about 90 mins ok
So far feel fine
Home/ 2 x paracetamol/ cup of tea in garden
Will take another 2 later & have an early night
Another 2 when I wake up & hopefully that’ll be me

Starting a new job tomorrow so trying to minimise any issues by doing all the right things
colpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2021, 02:28 AM   #260
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Getting mine tomorrow. Hoping it's the J&J so it can be a "one-and-done" situation
Old 13 April 2021, 02:45 AM   #261
hbg1

Watch: 116900
Got my 1st Pfizer shot about 90 minutes ago, feeling fine :)

having more water, a second coffee and some lunch and going to try to take it easy with work this afternoon
hbg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2021, 01:22 AM   #262
EndlessEight

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
2nd moderna

Elevated temp (under 100F) - only last a couple hours
Pounding headache - persistent from 9PM last night
Joint aches - hit about 5am today.

Feels like I got hit by a bus
EndlessEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2021, 01:54 AM   #263
Boothroyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessEight View Post
2nd moderna

Elevated temp (under 100F) - only last a couple hours
Pounding headache - persistent from 9PM last night
Joint aches - hit about 5am today.

Feels like I got hit by a bus
My wife had similar. Good news is, symptoms disappear as fast as they appear. Hope you feel better soon.

And be glad you weren't in line for J&J, now that it is delayed. At least you are done with it.
Old 14 April 2021, 06:15 AM   #264
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Got my first shot this AM. Pfizer. Not feeling anything at all. Never had issues with any vaccines. That may also be because I am a beast.
Old 14 April 2021, 11:05 AM   #265
zengineer
"TRF" Member

My update a full 5 days after the J&J shot. Never really had any significant side effects. I was sluggish over the weekend (shot was Thursday early evening) but if I hadn't had the shit I would have chalked it up to being old and tired. Glad to have it done. I know it doesn't mean I am 100% protected by any means but it seems to ward off the chance of ending up in the hospital.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2021, 11:36 AM   #266
AzHadEnuf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263,DJ,SUB,BB,THR
My wife got her second Pfizer 10 days ago and has had crazy fatigue, aches pains and a fluctuating fever between 100 and 102. Doc says it can last up to 3 weeks. She is one of the toughest woman I know but this has kick her ass. I on the other hand got the J&J 4 days ago and had a sore arm for a day. Seems everyone reacts differently.
Old 14 April 2021, 11:39 AM   #267
stylinleems

Got Pfizer April 2nd with really no symptoms.

Really looking forward to receiving the 2nd but in Canada it's 4 months out sigh... Canada really dropped the ball on this one.
stylinleems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2021, 06:03 AM   #268
Letsgodiving
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 16600
Had my first Moderna shot yesterday and no symptoms at all besides a little bit of a sore arm. Hopefully the second is this uneventful.
Old 17 April 2021, 11:34 AM   #269
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgodiving View Post
Had my first Moderna shot yesterday and no symptoms at all besides a little bit of a sore arm. Hopefully the second is this uneventful.
Same here.
Old 17 April 2021, 11:57 AM   #270
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

My wife was booked for J&J, then the news broke the night before her appointment, so she was able to switch and get the Pfizer vaccine. She had soreness for 36 hours and that was it. I had a tougher time, especially after the second one. Looking forward to her getting the second dose, then all of our adult family and close friends will be vaccinated. Feeling very fortunate right now, and my heart goes out to those in other parts of the world without this kind of access.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote