The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 16 April 2021, 06:35 AM   #1
Santiago32
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO-LV-EXP1-BB58
Buying 15500ST at a boutique

Is it near impossible to buy a 15500ST white dial without history w/ AP? I'm contemplating whether I should even try.

FWIW, I'm in Southern CA and the boutique in Beverly Hills is closest to me.
Old 16 April 2021, 06:54 AM   #2
shkure
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago32 View Post
Is it near impossible to buy a 15500ST white dial without history w/ AP? I'm contemplating whether I should even try.

There is no downside on trying, give it a shot. I find AP boutiques to be a much nicer experience and more welcoming that Rolex. I got the exact same watch with a 11 month wait (no purchase history). But a much smaller market than LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 07:01 AM   #3
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I managed to get one without any history last September. I was very kindly given the name of a SA at the AP House by a couple of forum members and I contacted him. I was told that they wanted to meet me so I travelled to London just to make the association (8 hour round trip maybe). Certain watch brands and models require relationships and a bit of leg work. If you want one, go for and introduce yourself and take it from there.

Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 07:47 AM   #4
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

worth a try for non blue dials. you'd have to get lucky but if you do you can have one within a year or two
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 08:08 AM   #5
SteelCity
"TRF" Member

It’s definitely possible.

I was put in contact with a SA via a family friend that has a good history with the brand. I said I wanted to start an AP collection and the 15500ST white dial would be a great first piece. This was three weeks ago.

Got the call last night- I have a watch allocation. Wired over the funds today. I take delivery early next month. Really excited. Now just doing research on how to size the bracelet as there are no AD’s anywhere close to western PA.

So yes, there’s hope. Give it a shot!
SteelCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 08:26 AM   #6
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
Lol one boutique in Canada, called them twice and it was pretty much an FU. Pateks been great to me so I'll stick with them. Thats just my experience with AP here. If they open a dedicated AP boutique maybe I'll give it another shot one day.
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 09:43 AM   #7
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
In Vegas they are worse than Rolex. I have a Pepsi from AD here without much spend. AP won't even let me pay up front and wait a year.
Old 16 April 2021, 10:01 AM   #8
rolex16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCity View Post
It’s definitely possible.

I was put in contact with a SA via a family friend that has a good history with the brand. I said I wanted to start an AP collection and the 15500ST white dial would be a great first piece. This was three weeks ago.

Got the call last night- I have a watch allocation. Wired over the funds today. I take delivery early next month. Really excited. Now just doing research on how to size the bracelet as there are no AD’s anywhere close to western PA.

So yes, there’s hope. Give it a shot!
Tell the boutique your wrist size and they will size it for you before shipping.
rolex16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 10:38 AM   #9
SteelCity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex16 View Post
Tell the boutique your wrist size and they will size it for you before shipping.
That’s a great idea that never occurred to me. Thanks!

Otherwise my other plan was to wait until I get married in Vegas next month and have the boutique at Crystals do it for me. Every time I’ve gone into that shop and expressed interest they made it obnoxiously clear that I would have to buy a Code chrono from them before they would even consider helping me with anything else. A little petty, sure, but it would have been satisfying.
SteelCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2021, 05:32 AM   #10
7sins
"TRF" Member

Will be VERY VERY difficult at AP BH. *Maybe* if you bundle with a code. I am there often and have several strong relationships, they are not even taking names for any waiting lists. Last time I was in the store, within 30 minutes, 3 people tried to walk in off the street and ask for a Royal Oak.

Ebony and Kimberly there are great to work with.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2021, 08:44 AM   #11
LndLord
"TRF" Member

Man 15500 is my dream watch, and the market been picking up. I don't think being in nyc helps much but hopefully someone can connect me with a great SA
LndLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2021, 11:54 AM   #12
le_baron
"TRF" Member

I got that exact watch, a 15500 with a silver dial, after four months. To overcome my lack of a purchase history, I did my best to present myself as a watch enthusiast (i.e., I'm neither a flipper nor a person simply looking to flash wealth/status). I was told my passion for watches and the brand played a role in my quick allocation.
Old 17 April 2021, 02:49 PM   #13
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
In Vegas they are worse than Rolex. I have a Pepsi from AD here without much spend. AP won't even let me pay up front and wait a year.
Erg, that's rough if its worse than Rolex. Last time I visited the Rolex Boutique in Vegas (Crystal) the gentlemen wouldn't even entertainment the idea of showing me any non DJ and said sport/stainless models are exclusively for those with existing relationships to their store.

I commented times have changed to which he commented you're welcome to look at Patek next door.
PBJ1925 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2021, 01:59 PM   #14
seadubs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_baron View Post
I got that exact watch, a 15500 with a silver dial, after four months. To overcome my lack of a purchase history, I did my best to present myself as a watch enthusiast (i.e., I'm neither a flipper nor a person simply looking to flash wealth/status). I was told my passion for watches and the brand played a role in my quick allocation.
which boutique did you purchase from?
seadubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2021, 10:09 PM   #15
le_baron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadubs View Post
which boutique did you purchase from?
The boutique in Manhasset, New York.
Old 20 April 2021, 12:31 AM   #16
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
To answer your question, yes it is near impossible but I suppose it's not totally impossible.

Demand for this watch has been increasing every month so even compared to last year is a big difference. Obviously no harm in trying but be prepared to be disappointed.

Good luck!
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2021, 06:28 AM   #17
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post

I’m pretty sure that’s company policy not to take payment until your watch is in their possession.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2021, 06:35 AM   #18
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredbyjae View Post
Erg, that's rough if its worse than Rolex. Last time I visited the Rolex Boutique in Vegas (Crystal) the gentlemen wouldn't even entertainment the idea of showing me any non DJ and said sport/stainless models are exclusively for those with existing relationships to their store.

I commented times have changed to which he commented you're welcome to look at Patek next door.

Not sure what the deal is with Rolex dealers, the main dealership in my hometown is staffed by morons, a female SA quoted me a 50 year wait for a SS ceramic Daytona. They routinely ignore emails which has lead me to form the opinion that they can’t read or write.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2021, 08:48 AM   #19
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Not sure what the deal is with Rolex dealers, the main dealership in my hometown is staffed by morons, a female SA quoted me a 50 year wait for a SS ceramic Daytona. They routinely ignore emails which has lead me to form the opinion that they can’t read or write.

and unfortunately they will continue to do so...they simply do not want your business.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2021, 10:01 AM   #20
bosch88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by szabo_martin View Post
Lol one boutique in Canada, called them twice and it was pretty much an FU. Pateks been great to me so I'll stick with them. Thats just my experience with AP here. If they open a dedicated AP boutique maybe I'll give it another shot one day.
I thought that dealership in Toronto (Royal De Versailles Jewellers) is no longer a dealership for AP... there are no AP boutiques in Canada... I don't think there ever was one... just dealers... therefore, right now, there are no places, besides grey dealers, to buy an AP watch in Canada...
bosch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2021, 12:59 PM   #21
Rockland
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago32 View Post

I got the silver dial last year in the summer after indicating interest in Nov 2019. You should definitely try. You will be able to get a non blue dial I believe.
Rockland is offline   Reply With Quote