The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 20 March 2021, 04:58 AM   #1
nucleon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126660B JC DeepSea
Orbita Quattro and Faulhaber Motors

Here's an odd one for ya...

Just bought an old Orbita Quattro that has two of four winder positions working. In discussion with Orbita, it seems that this winder used two Faulhaber motors, and thus one has likely gone bad in this device. While Faulhaber does still make the motor, there is a bit of a problem per Orbita:
To clarify, the modifications were made on our end. The person who used to assemble those units is not here anymore for me to confer with, but I know for sure that there was at the very least a drive key mounted to the shaft. I believe this process involved significant machining. We no longer have those parts available, and there is no plan to order more of either the drive keys or the motors, as these Quattro units have been discontinued for over 15 years now. I can assure you that these purchase minimums are far more than just “a few”, it simply isn’t feasible for us to keep stocking them any longer.
So...does anyone out there have a similar problem, an Orbita Quattro with only one functioning motor that they would like to sell? Or perhaps the modified motor itself? Or, alternatively, does anyone want this partially-functioning Quattro? I think it once went for $3000...
Old 20 March 2021, 05:02 AM   #2
American_Jedi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucleon View Post
Here's an odd one for ya...

Just bought an old Orbita Quattro that has two of four winder positions working. In discussion with Orbita, it seems that this winder used two Faulhaber motors, and thus one has likely gone bad in this device. While Faulhaber does still make the motor, there is a bit of a problem per Orbita:
To clarify, the modifications were made on our end. The person who used to assemble those units is not here anymore for me to confer with, but I know for sure that there was at the very least a drive key mounted to the shaft. I believe this process involved significant machining. We no longer have those parts available, and there is no plan to order more of either the drive keys or the motors, as these Quattro units have been discontinued for over 15 years now. I can assure you that these purchase minimums are far more than just “a few”, it simply isn’t feasible for us to keep stocking them any longer.
So...does anyone out there have a similar problem, an Orbita Quattro with only one functioning motor that they would like to sell? Or perhaps the modified motor itself? Or, alternatively, does anyone want this partially-functioning Quattro? I think it once went for $3000...
Ive got an Orbita tri winder. DM me if you want specs.
Old 20 March 2021, 05:17 AM   #3
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucleon View Post

If you want to buy or sell units, it really needs to be in classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 20 March 2021, 05:18 AM   #4
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Dupe

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 20 March 2021, 05:23 AM   #5
nucleon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126660B JC DeepSea
Sorry...will move it there. I guess I was more interested in whether others had experienced this...
Old 20 March 2021, 05:37 AM   #6
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
WTB threads must be made by pledge members only and in the proper section.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
Closed Thread

Tags
faulhaber , orbita , quatro , winder