The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 16 April 2021, 06:41 PM   #1
GS93108
"TRF" Member

2021 Releases so far

These are the ‘Serious Fun’ releases, 25 so far.

We still have ‘Be Yourself’ due in Summer and then ‘Harder Stronger’ later in the year.

Around 35 more releases are expected.

Excuse the scaling of the pic sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 07:30 PM   #2
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Revolutionary.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 08:48 PM   #3
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Now that you mention there are 35 more releases to go on top of the present 25, I am a little worried about the direction AP is going.

There are simply too many watches released this year at 60. Patek released 8 if I’m not mistaken. 4 nautilus and 4 dress watches. Even if we include the 24s and the 5270 and 5370 that were released a few months back. It’s still less than 25, and definitely less than 60.

I don’t want AP to turn out like McLaren who just continues to release models after models. FHB needs to have a clear direction on how he wants to take the company forward.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 09:06 PM   #4
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
Now that you mention there are 35 more releases to go on top of the present 25, I am a little worried about the direction AP is going.

There are simply too many watches released this year at 60. Patek released 8 if I’m not mistaken. 4 nautilus and 4 dress watches. Even if we include the 24s and the 5270 and 5370 that were released a few months back. It’s still less than 25, and definitely less than 60.

I don’t want AP to turn out like McLaren who just continues to release models after models. FHB needs to have a clear direction on how he wants to take the company forward.
Don't forget that the models so far are all men's watches. There will no doubt be some specific ladies' models and also some unisex models. I'm guessing that the 43mm ROO releases so far and the unreleased models are due to the replacement of the 44mm line, so not really indicative of 'normal' quantity releases. I'm also guessing that the ladies' ROOs will have a similar larger quantity range that hopefully will also include detachable straps.
Old 16 April 2021, 09:17 PM   #5
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Nice watches but I can not keep up with the releases and models.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 09:20 PM   #6
HMHM
"TRF" Member

In that case they should have staggered their release. Since 2022 is the 50th anniversary of the RO, I would say it’s fair to release the green 15202 and also the chronographs. But things like the diver and the 43mm ROO could probably be delayed to 2023 for the 30th anniversary of the ROO? The 44mm ceramic ROO were released not too long ago anyway why the rush to replace it?
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 09:33 PM   #7
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Nice watches but I can not keep up with the releases and models.
Yes you can, I just posted them :)
Old 16 April 2021, 09:34 PM   #8
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
In that case they should have staggered their release. Since 2022 is the 50th anniversary of the RO, I would say it’s fair to release the green 15202 and also the chronographs. But things like the diver and the 43mm ROO could probably be delayed to 2023 for the 30th anniversary of the ROO? The 44mm ceramic ROO were released not too long ago anyway why the rush to replace it?
I'm sure there is a grand plan that none of us are privy to. They seem to have managed ok so far.
Old 16 April 2021, 09:42 PM   #9
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Thanks Gary that makes it easy for me to see them all together :-)

Do you (or anyone) know the prices of the ROO’s yet? Also what availability will be like?

I’m hoping to go to the AP House sooner rather than later, though I understand they are very busy right now.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 09:53 PM   #10
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
Thanks Gary that makes it easy for me to see them all together :-)

Do you (or anyone) know the prices of the ROO’s yet? Also what availability will be like?

I’m hoping to go to the AP House sooner rather than later, though I understand they are very busy right now.
The pricing is on AP UK's site.

Divers are £23,100 and due in May I believe.

43mm =

£34,200 for the steel models with ceramic bezel and also for the titanium with ceramic bezel.

£33,000 for the titanium with titanium bezel.

£51,100 for the RG.

Availability not until September, but I doubt you'll have trouble getting one if you give them a call, given your status with them.

AshAP is at AP House today, lucky boy.
Old 16 April 2021, 09:59 PM   #11
AperolSpritz
"TRF" Member

Great job for posting all the releases in one place - Thanks

Are we sure about the additional 35 releases this year? I agree it seems huge.
AperolSpritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 10:05 PM   #12
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AperolSpritz View Post
Great job for posting all the releases in one place - Thanks

Are we sure about the additional 35 releases this year? I agree it seems huge.
I'd agree that 60 pieces seems like a lot, but I can't remember what prior years have really looked like.

The 60 pieces isn't exact but came from AP's CEO in Singapore, where she said 'about 60'.
Old 16 April 2021, 10:18 PM   #13
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post

43mm =

£34,200 for the steel models with ceramic bezel and also for the titanium with ceramic bezel.

£51,100 for the RG.

Availability not until September, but I doubt you'll have trouble getting one if you give them a call, given your status with them.

Thanks Gary - I’ve looked at them and can’t see the prices. Must be my very very poor IT skills

Lucky Ash - going to the AP House and going out full stop
Old 16 April 2021, 10:23 PM   #14
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
Thanks Gary - I’ve looked at them and can’t see the prices. Must be my very very poor IT skills

Lucky Ash - going to the AP House and going out full stop
I doubt it's your IT skills, it's more likely to have happened when AP updated their site.

Try swapping to a different country and currency, then swap back to UK. Else, try a new browser or deleting AP's cookie.
Old 16 April 2021, 10:33 PM   #15
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Thanks for this, very helpful indeed!

Prices have disappeared from the site. They were there 3 days ago, now gone. Maybe a price increase again????
Old 16 April 2021, 10:44 PM   #16
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:

There are simply too many watches released this year at 60.
Almost all the new releases so far are replacements of existing models, limited releases (number + location) or new dial/materials on existing models. By the end of the year there might be fewer models in the AP catalogue than at the beginning, depending on the fate of the 42mm ROO and how you count LEs.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 10:45 PM   #17
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwatchguy View Post
Thanks for this, very helpful indeed!

Prices have disappeared from the site. They were there 3 days ago, now gone. Maybe a price increase again????
Prices are there for me (and I had a similar scare a few days ago). Clearing AP cookies did the trick.
Old 16 April 2021, 11:08 PM   #18
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Almost all the new releases so far are replacements of existing models, limited releases (number + location) or new dial/materials on existing models. By the end of the year there might be fewer models in the AP catalogue than at the beginning, depending on the fate of the 42mm ROO and how you count LEs.
I think you are right. The Millenary line is being retired. The 44mm ROO is being retired. There's nothing definitive to say the 42mm ROO (not Diver) is staying, and I'd say that it's likely that the 42,43,44 will be consolidated into just the 43mm.

I think the 42mm Concept will make an emergence in NON-Marvel format and that there'll be a few LE's here and there, other than that I think this year is more consolidation than expansion, perhaps making room for expansion next year.
Old 16 April 2021, 11:12 PM   #19
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Prices are there for me (and I had a similar scare a few days ago). Clearing AP cookies did the trick.
Ditto.
Old 16 April 2021, 11:22 PM   #20
911AP
"TRF" Member

I think AP should release as many new watches as possible. So far the as usual the only good ones coming out are going to be the impossible to get watches, or ones that are stupid expensive.
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 11:56 PM   #21
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
Thanks for the round up, Gary.

I popped into APH a couple of days ago to order a custom red alligator strap for my RG44. I'm interested in the rose gold 43, but it does seem samples may not be around until towards September.

They have the new Divers which are very nice, although the colours don't work for me - both the green and blue are kind of grey in tone so quite 'dirty'. The grey is nice but I'd prefer a brighter colour. I don't really understand why the blue and green aren't brighter and more lively.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2021, 02:07 AM   #22
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
Thanks for the round up, Gary.

I popped into APH a couple of days ago to order a custom red alligator strap for my RG44. I'm interested in the rose gold 43, but it does seem samples may not be around until towards September.

They have the new Divers which are very nice, although the colours don't work for me - both the green and blue are kind of grey in tone so quite 'dirty'. The grey is nice but I'd prefer a brighter colour. I don't really understand why the blue and green aren't brighter and more lively.
Custom red, nice!

Ines did tell me that the 43mm wouldn't be available to play with for quite a while.

How was the Diver strap system?
Old 17 April 2021, 02:19 AM   #23
HansGruber
"TRF" Member

Thanks for putting this together; I'm curious to see if the 38mm ROC sticks around given the new movement. Some of those additional releases may be fitting that movement to the existing ROC line?
HansGruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2021, 02:35 AM   #24
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansGruber View Post
Thanks for putting this together; I'm curious to see if the 38mm ROC sticks around given the new movement. Some of those additional releases may be fitting that movement to the existing ROC line?
You make a good point, the new movement transitioning into the ROC line will undoubtedly be a big influence on the whole line up.
Old 17 April 2021, 02:48 AM   #25
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How was the Diver strap system?
I tried all three new divers and an old one for comparison this week. The strap system is easy to use and feels high quality (didn't do a destructive test...). The buckle quick change is ok, but no trick engineering as far as I could tell.

The new softer straps are nice, as are the ceramic crowns and the display caseback. The dials are more casual than those of the previous model, which may fit the purpose better, but didn't blow me away (neither did the colors).

I'll be holding out for a ceramic or at least ceramic bezel version. As has been reported before, the mystery black bezel/dial model shown on the schedule slide is white gold and limited (geographic) distribution, so maybe not the ideal daily/casual watch (for me).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GreyDiver_Apr21.jpg (62.0 KB, 316 views)
Old 17 April 2021, 02:55 AM   #26
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I tried all three new divers and an old one for comparison this week. The strap system is easy to use and feels high quality (didn't do a destructive test...). The buckle quick change is ok, but no trick engineering as far as I could tell.

The new softer straps are nice, as are the ceramic crowns and the display caseback. The dials are more casual than those of the previous model, which may fit the purpose better, but didn't blow me away (neither did the colors).

I'll be holding out for a ceramic or at least ceramic bezel version. As has been reported before, the mystery black bezel/dial model shown on the schedule slide is white gold and limited (geographic) distribution, so maybe not the ideal daily/casual watch for me.
AP kindly sent me a video of the quick change strap at both the case and buckle and it looked pretty cool to me. I'm a prolific strap changer. But there's nothing like seeing it IRL.

I'm a bit weary of non-ceramic bezels, scratches annoy me, but equally ceramic is less capable of dealing with harder impacts. A full ceramic diver case and bezel with new detachable straps in more vibrant colours would definitely be a winner in my view.
Old 17 April 2021, 03:16 AM   #27
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
AP kindly sent me a video of the quick change strap at both the case and buckle and it looked pretty cool to me. I'm a prolific strap changer. But there's nothing like seeing it IRL.
Having owned a VC overseas (which had incredibly easy strap changing)I’ve often wondered why none of the other higher end watch companies haven’t done this before. Looking forward to trying these when possible.
Old 17 April 2021, 04:06 AM   #28
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Has any board member inquired from their AD/SA about the availability of the new 41MM Rose Gold ROC's?

Are they out yet?

Tony
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2021, 05:46 AM   #29
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:

43mm =

£51,100 for the RG.

£51K for the RG seems high, my 44 RG had a retail of around £33K when I bought it, I think even the RG Schumi was priced lower than this - I was debating one in the mid 40s at one point, but ofc times have so changed.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2021, 06:41 AM   #30
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honuswagner13 View Post
Has any board member inquired from their AD/SA about the availability of the new 41MM Rose Gold ROC's?

Are they out yet?

Tony
I'm told they haevn't seen any show up in the system for shipment yet, but take that with a 90% chance of bad information since I'm very low on the totem pole!
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote