The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 May 2018, 12:44 PM   #31
WJGESQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
Don't believe him. ADs are still receiving BLNRs.
And as the Pepsi comes on line--Batmans will be all over. Time is on your side.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 12:49 PM   #32
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGESQ View Post
And as the Pepsi comes on line--Batmans will be all over. Time is on your side.
Keep in mind they're two different watches. This would be like expecting Sub LVs to take a major bite out of Sub LN sales.

Batman.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 01:21 PM   #33
ChairmanKaga
"TRF" Member

Movement Update

Because the new Pepsi has an updated movement, do you guys see the BLNR getting the same update for next year?
ChairmanKaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 02:05 PM   #34
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
Because the new Pepsi has an updated movement, do you guys see the BLNR getting the same update for next year?
An update could happen at any time. It could be mid-year like others in the past. It doesn't have to be slated for Basel. They could start showing up as 126710s once the old stock finally dries up or as updated 116710s with crowns at 6 o'clock being the only clue.

Hard to say.
Old 4 May 2018, 05:26 PM   #35
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scampo View Post
I walked into my local AD last Friday and inquired about a BLNR, which they just got in the day before. Keep hunting around, these are available.

This was my exact experience in June 2017. I was in the right place at the right time. In fairness to my excellent ad, I’ve not seen another there since, it pays to be a regular lurker. They know you’re serious and one day you’ll get ‘we just got a shipment’ and they’ll fetch it from the back.

Good luck! It’s an amazing piece. You’ll love it!
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 11:19 PM   #36
ipodlover77
Banned

I put my name down with Sidney Thomas in DE last month (dealt with them for two datejusts last year) after doing multiple walk ins to other shops but no call yet. If someone could point me to an AD who will sell it at sticker, please let me know!!! Long shot I know but hopefully a fellow TRF member can help.
ipodlover77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 11:24 PM   #37
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodlover77 View Post
I put my name down with Sidney Thomas in DE last month (dealt with them for two datejusts last year) after doing multiple walk ins to other shops but no call yet. If someone could point me to an AD who will sell it at sticker, please let me know!!! Long shot I know but hopefully a fellow TRF member can help.
Give them time. If they're a smaller AD then they might not receive watches as often, especially the BLNR. Call them around the 30-day mark and follow up for status. Patience helps.
Old 9 May 2018, 12:04 AM   #38
Aventura
"TRF" Member

Two things;
Who told you it's going to take a long to get the 126710 Pepsi? Only gossip that is read here. Why do not you expect that this model get to the dealers and then say? They also do not know when they arrive or how many they will receive. Apart there are dealers who do not take dawn payment and how do you know if those who signed up will be picked up?

The BLNR if you like it so much there are many I tell you that a friend saw it available in a official dealer window in a city so I guess it's a matter of looking.
Aventura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 01:49 AM   #39
lucevan le stelle
"TRF" Member

Some face time at the AD could be useful if you have no relationship. My suggestion might be to visit ADs personally in your quest in order to establish that you are a serious buyer rather than just relying on the phone and e-mail. Think small to mid-size market ADs might be a better focus if you want to test your luck on a spur of the moment BLNR delivery. Major market ADs have proven and deep-pocketed existing buyers who have their incoming pretty much tied-up. Also sounds like demand has increased on the possibility the BLNR will be discontinued, so immediately pounce on one without equivocation if you find one.
lucevan le stelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 02:53 AM   #40
SharpyDave
"TRF" Member

Walked in last night and left my name. AD said about a month and a half it should be in. I’ll be happy if I get it in 6 months.
SharpyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 02:55 AM   #41
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpyDave View Post
Walked in last night and left my name. AD said about a month and a half it should be in. I’ll be happy if I get it in 6 months.
One to three months is about normal depending on the size of your AD. You should be good.
Old 6 September 2018, 04:32 AM   #42
nefarious_bg
"TRF" Member

I am getting quoted about a year in most places around SoCal.
nefarious_bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 04:37 AM   #43
emtee
"TRF" Member

Took me 1 month in UK Dec last year
emtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 04:47 AM   #44
Likestheshiny
"TRF" Member

MSRP after taxes comes awfully close to what grey dealers charge, so if you're even a little impatient you might as well just get it immediately.

*edit* Oh, you're from Maryland, so no sales tax. That's good if you find one, but I bet it dramatically lowers the chance that you'll find one in-state -- everyone wants to buy from tax-free ADs. Assuming you're buying from another state, though, my original advice applies. Folks are reporting that many ADs now fill out the appropriate forms to tell your state government that you're buying it, so shipping to MD to avoid tax might not be on the table, but of course that's worth a shot if you actually find one in-store.
Likestheshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 04:49 AM   #45
Bruins7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex(4),15400
Like others have said if you have no prior purchase history with any ADs, your best chance is going in person and asking around for one. My AD can get me either or the Hulk or BLNR probably within a few weeks. It's just the nature of the game nowadays! Goodluck
Bruins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 05:22 AM   #46
Pentameter
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
I just got mine, it took about 2 months, and I bought a Sub ND first to start the relationship. I've heard others that didn't buy anything else but it took them longer, say 3-4 months est.
Pentameter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 05:31 AM   #47
Pentameter
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
Keep in mind they're two different watches. This would be like expecting Sub LVs to take a major bite out of Sub LN sales.

Batman.
I don't think you are looking at it right - the LV is rarer and more in demand than the LN is, which means an LN is easier to get. In the GMT line, the Pepsi is the hot new thing that everyone wants (in addition to being the only modern sports model available on a jubilee) and demand is always highest at the very beginning. Conversely, supply is the lowest at the beginning. Low supply, high demand.

The Batman has been out for a few years now, so most of the people that wanted one have had the opportunity to get one by now, and thus the demand is less than it is for the Pepsi. It's no longer the "hot new thing". It's also no longer the only SS model with a 2-tone bezel. For awhile it was the only SS model with a 2-tone bezel, but no more. Now there is that, the Pepsi, and then you have other colors available on the TT models. It also has the older movement, so some people may view that as a negative as well.

All this means is that more people are queuing or trying to get the BLRO, far more than the BLNR. The Batman is still in high demand, but it's nowhere near as high as the Pepsi. I disagree when he says they'll be "all over" - even the LN GMT isn't "all over", but I do think the Batman will be far easier to obtain as long as they keep making it, now that the Pepsi is out.
Pentameter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 05:59 AM   #48
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Funny to read all the speculation months later.
Still a tough watch to find in the wild.
123Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:29 AM   #49
Sprta
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
MSRP after taxes comes awfully close to what grey dealers charge, so if you're even a little impatient you might as well just get it immediately.

*edit* Oh, you're from Maryland, so no sales tax. That's good if you find one, but I bet it dramatically lowers the chance that you'll find one in-state -- everyone wants to buy from tax-free ADs. Assuming you're buying from another state, though, my original advice applies. Folks are reporting that many ADs now fill out the appropriate forms to tell your state government that you're buying it, so shipping to MD to avoid tax might not be on the table, but of course that's worth a shot if you actually find one in-store.
Your thinking Delaware, Maryland has sales tax
Sprta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:37 AM   #50
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post

Not really. With tax, mine was $9600. They are going for $2000 more than that from TS. Some places, $3000 more.
123Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 12:10 PM   #51
calh22a
Banned

I know the BLNR are super popular right now, but what about the GMT black dial/bezels (116710LN)? Also are ADs allowed to mark up the watches or are they required to sell them at MSRP?
calh22a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2018, 01:46 AM   #52
af_schulten
"TRF" Member

Watch: '62 Constellation
Ordered mine from an AD in Toronto in late May. Delivered 5 weeks later.

Most Bittersweet Breakup: ROLEX GMT-Master II 116710 BLNR
af_schulten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2018, 02:59 AM   #53
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Shop around in-person if you can to show you're serious. I can't speak to other parts of the world, but they're out here in the U.S.

I got mine earlier this year after letting my AD know I was serious about one - took one month from the day I stopped by and asked him about the watch.

I spoke to two other ADs about the watch around the same time, just out of curiosity given all this SS supply craze. One said they'd take my name down but it would be a 6-9 month wait unless I put a deposit down. Kindly declined that -- and guess what -- I had a call from them less than 2 months later saying they had a BLNR for me. Other AD I spoke to said about 3 months -- he kept good on his word and actually got back to me about 3 months later and said he had one waiting for me. I was not a repeat customer with either of these ADs.

For context, all of this happened in April of this year. Got the watch in early May.
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote