The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 April 2023, 03:24 AM   #151
BetteMidler
"TRF" Member

I know I’m an outlier but thought I’d share my recent experience to bring some good karma to the thread.

Last Saturday I stopped by my local AD. No purchase history. Wound up talking life, interests etc for awhile. Explained I was new to the neighborhood and that I was getting married in August and would love a watch to commemorate the occasion. I looked at some Tudors but nothing caught my eye. I told him I wouldn’t mind being added to the Rolex waitlist but understood I probably wouldn’t get a watch by my wedding.

He asked what model I’d want, and I said that’s tough to pick just one but that I absolutely loved the Rootbeer. Put my name on the list and he advised it’s a very tough ask but he’d do what he could.

The following day I sent a follow up thank you email for his time and our solid convo. 4 days later he called me and said he had a Rootbeer for me. The entire experience couldn’t have gone any better from start to finish. After reading all the comments and horror stories I feel beyond lucky, but they earned a client for life.

As an aside- I was in Maui 2 weeks ago and got laughed out of the store. Worst, most off putting experience of my life in regards to shopping.

I hope everyone on a list is able to get their watch sooner than later and doesn’t have to jump through hoops to get it. There are still some good ADs out there but they seem to be less and less nowadays.
BetteMidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2023, 12:31 PM   #152
Oystersteel92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvv View Post
The never ending excuses from AD is exhausting
AD's are like politicians...you hate them in general, but you like yours OK.

Full disclosure, I actually do love my AD. They've been very good to my wife and I, and appreciate a true watch and brand enthusiast.
Oystersteel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2023, 01:45 PM   #153
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessEight View Post
You failed to read properly.

OP stated he went through a gray dealer ultimately.

Oh, I did miss that. Thanks for correcting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2023, 02:55 PM   #154
rolexjackson
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, GMT, Daytona
It is very frustrating I’m sorry for your wasted time but I’m glad Patrick was able to get it set up for you
rolexjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2023, 11:31 AM   #155
buknoy
Banned

Watch: GMTs
IF people here still doesnt believe that AD dont sell backdoor, trust me they do. Ive seen one on moda, a grey dealer selling a full 4 hot watches from op tiffany, to batman and pepsi and cermit. and guess what, they all dated the same day and the penmanship of the date are carbon copy on all four watches!
buknoy is offline   Reply With Quote