The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 January 2019, 10:12 PM   #91
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotgolf52 View Post
Pix or it didn’t happen. Funny how someone get back to back BLNR within a month of waiting and others has been waiting for a year. While people have no relationship with AD prolly less than 10% chance of getting one.
How about you just search my post history to see my pix. I made a whole thread about my steel sports collection being complete. But that’s cool throw some shade without doing any research. Oh the internet. Other mr. doubter supposedly has a blro but hasn’t posted a single pic. Let’s ask to see his blro.
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2019, 12:47 AM   #92
HappyFish
Banned

3 BLNR`s within 5 months from swiss AD`s! And please - don`t get me wrong - i`m collector not a flipper! Maybe once they will go for another 16610 LV (Y/F, Bertolli or Random)!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190109_152731_resize.jpg (26.3 KB, 267 views)
HappyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2019, 12:51 AM   #93
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust View Post
How about you just search my post history to see my pix. I made a whole thread about my steel sports collection being complete. But that’s cool throw some shade without doing any research. Oh the internet. Other mr. doubter supposedly has a blro but hasn’t posted a single pic. Let’s ask to see his blro.
Ask yourself why more than one doubts your story. Incidentaly, I am a happy man indeed I have a BLRO I got real lucky. This AD who could order one for me today and have it for me in three months has told me that it is not available for order. You see why I am doubtful of your story ? maybe nothing against you it is against the content in your post.
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2019, 12:57 AM   #94
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFish View Post
3 BLNR`s within 5 months from swiss AD`s! And please - don`t get me wrong - i`m collector not a flipper! Maybe once they will go for another 16610 LV (Y/F, Bertolli or Random)!
Turning green !! Nothing wrong with that so that is where the BLNRs are going. Well, they are indeed collector pieces and thus their value in the gray market. There is no better indicator, there is hoarding of these watches and some buy them just because they are hard to get and wanted by all.

Old 10 January 2019, 01:27 AM   #95
HappyFish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF61 View Post
Turning green !! Nothing wrong with that so that is where the BLNRs are going. Well, they are indeed collector pieces and thus their value in the gray market. There is no better indicator, there is hoarding of these watches and some buy them just because they are hard to get and wanted by all.

As collector you have to focus. Never you can own all of the watches you would like, nor it`s gonna be a profund collection - more like a Bazaar - something from everything but nothing really special. The 16610 LV offers you all a collector is looking for!

I don`t even like the maxi case of the BLNR and so i didn`t ever wear one of themes!
HappyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2019, 01:28 AM   #96
Locust
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF61 View Post
Ask yourself why more than one doubts your story. Incidentaly, I am a happy man indeed I have a BLRO I got real lucky. This AD who could order one for me today and have it for me in three months has told me that it is not available for order. You see why I am doubtful of your story ? maybe nothing against you it is against the content in your post.
I agree 100%. I thought I was up creek after I turned the first one down. Listen. You seem like a good guy. I think I'm a good guy. Let's be friends. I bought 3 non rolex watches (2 seikos and the tudor gmt (which was just sitting in the case) before the blnr stuff happened and I think that plus my wife doing some ring stuff helped. I had been on the list for the pepsi since morning of Basel (my mom worked at Pan am for a long time, I have an 1960s Pan Am rolex gmt ad above my watch case). But I finally decided two pepsi's would be silly and my AD was SUPER kind to me about the BLNR. I understand the doubting but I promise the story is honest.
Old 10 January 2019, 01:45 AM   #97
Locust
"TRF" Member

Here’s the for the pix or didn’t happen guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10 January 2019, 02:30 AM   #98
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Here’s the for the pix or didn’t happen guy

Awesome !
Old 10 January 2019, 02:55 AM   #99
dwatcher
Banned

Watch: Luxury Watches
hopefully you don't get to wait longer than another 4 weeks.
dwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2019, 06:40 AM   #100
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I agree 100%. I thought I was up creek after I turned the first one down. Listen. You seem like a good guy. I think I'm a good guy. Let's be friends. I bought 3 non rolex watches (2 seikos and the tudor gmt (which was just sitting in the case) before the blnr stuff happened and I think that plus my wife doing some ring stuff helped. I had been on the list for the pepsi since morning of Basel (my mom worked at Pan am for a long time, I have an 1960s Pan Am rolex gmt ad above my watch case). But I finally decided two pepsi's would be silly and my AD was SUPER kind to me about the BLNR. I understand the doubting but I promise the story is honest.

It’s not that you didn’t get lucky. It’s your “in your face, you guys are all lying about the ‘hard to get’ stuff”, tone you were taking with the group.

Just because you had this luck does not make the worldwide shortage less real.

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2019, 06:44 AM   #101
Locust
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
It’s not that you didn’t get lucky. It’s your “in your face, you guys are all lying about the ‘hard to get’ stuff”, tone you were taking with the group.

Just because you had this luck does not make the worldwide shortage less real.

Noted, see my apology on previous page. Never did I say anyone was lying though.

Repost: I may have overestimated my ease of acquirance with everyone else's. I waited 18 months for a daytona vs. 4 weeks for a blnr being offered. My logic was, hey, doesn't seem that hard. But reading through the comments think I just got lucky with good timing. But I stand by some of my remarks above. My AD knows I don't flip, so I think that helps. But sorry to anyone struggling to get one that I came across flippant to.
Old 10 January 2019, 07:40 AM   #102
mjr24
Banned

Looks like a lot of you waiting a long time for a BLNR aren’t good customers as the other thread in here said a guy in Alabama waited 2 weeks from ordering to receipt for it to arrive. Guess these aren’t as rare as everyone thought. 14 days people.....and from a buyer who had no previous sales history. Have to feel stupid if you paid $12k from a gray for this.
mjr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2019, 08:25 AM   #103
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Whenever I see an incoming the first thing I like to look at is where the OP is located.
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 06:07 AM   #104
samcarlos
"TRF" Member

Well I just went down to my local ad after 4 months of building report with several sales employees there and put down 30% for the BLNR. After several visits in the past they have been notifiying me of all inventory that comes in. Sub date, sub no date, James Cameron and several explorers 2. I just kept passing and really wanted the BLNR. They did receive a BLNR back in November for another one on the list and let me try it on. I fell in love. That being said all 4 sales associates said to put a deposit down for the BLNR and it shouldn’t take that long for the wait to recieve it.
samcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote