The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 February 2014, 05:53 AM   #1
AnnemarieGirl
Banned

Iconic Watches in the UK

Does anyone on TRF know if this outfit are reputable? Be great to know if someone has actually made a purchase with them before and associated experiences etc. Apparently they do not actually have a shop even though their site says they do. They operate from closed premises on the web only. Thanks, AM.
AnnemarieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2014, 06:37 AM   #2
Gns7
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD Blue, Sub C
I purchased a watch from them last year and was very pleased, they have an excellent reputation.

As far as I am aware they do have a shop, a friend of mine is collecting his new Daytona from them. I'll find out tomorrow when I speak with him.
Gns7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2014, 06:43 AM   #3
jay1988
"TRF" Member

http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/iconicwatches.co.uk

9.7/10 based on 489 reviews. Seems solid enough for me.

Their prices are good too. My next watch will probably be from them as I go to Manchester often.
jay1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2014, 06:49 AM   #4
AnnemarieGirl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gns7 View Post
I purchased a watch from them last year and was very pleased, they have an excellent reputation.

As far as I am aware they do have a shop, a friend of mine is collecting his new Daytona from them. I'll find out tomorrow when I speak with him.
Thanks for your response. While they do have a shop it is closed to the public and the shutters are always down. This is apparently because they are worried about people coming in and stealing from them. Appointment only. Well what kind of shop would operate like this? Surely you would have security!

Please tell me more about what your friend is buying and if s/he has visited before? AM.
Old 11 February 2014, 06:52 AM   #5
Dr.Mehr
"TRF" Member

I purchased my Hulk from them last year. They are based in Blackburn. You will need to make an appointment for viewing.

Very nice people to deal with.
Dr.Mehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2014, 06:52 AM   #6
AnnemarieGirl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1988 View Post
http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/iconicwatches.co.uk

9.7/10 based on 489 reviews. Seems solid enough for me.

Their prices are good too. My next watch will probably be from them as I go to Manchester often.
Thanks Jay. I have read these comments and certainly can't argue that they look very good. However, who are Trustpliot? I have heard of them but are they reputable? Who is to say these comments haven't been submitted by people who are affiliated with the shop?

I am very sceptical about buying pre owned and always vowed I never would but as you point out the prices are so good. Perhaps too good? How can they sell new stickered watches so cheaply compared to ADs? You know what they say, if something is too good to be true... AM.
Old 11 February 2014, 06:53 AM   #7
Dr.Mehr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnemarieGirl View Post
Thanks for your response. While they do have a shop it is closed to the public and the shutters are always down. This is apparently because they are worried about people coming in and stealing from them. Appointment only. Well what kind of shop would operate like this? Surely you would have security!

Please tell me more about what your friend is buying and if s/he has visited before? AM.
Thats what I thought also last year before I bought my HULK there. Apparently they had 2 recent robberies and changed mode of operation by appointment only due to the insurance requirement
Dr.Mehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2014, 06:53 AM   #8
AnnemarieGirl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Qadri View Post
I purchased my Hulk from them last year. They are based in Blackburn. You will need to make an appointment for viewing.

Very nice people to deal with.
Who did you deal with? Thanks. AM.
Old 11 February 2014, 07:47 AM   #9
colpol
"TRF" Member

following this thread with great interest.

22% off RRP on a Speedmaster

Very tempted.
colpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2014, 08:34 AM   #10
CJ01
"TRF" Member

They are the watch section of 'Ancient & Modern' jewellers. I have heard good things and their prices are excellent.
CJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2014, 08:34 AM   #11
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
They are probably the best grey dealers in the UK. Look on TZ-UK they get great reviews from the UK WIS.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2014, 09:35 AM   #12
AnnemarieGirl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
They are probably the best grey dealers in the UK. Look on TZ-UK they get great reviews from the UK WIS.
While I am familiar with the term grey dealer I have never really quite understood the meaning. Does this mean there is something illegitimate about them and something I should watch out for? I called Rolex HQ earlier and was told that only ADs are given access to the Rolex Stolen Register, therefore how could I be assured I am not buying a stolen watch and what backup do I have if it turns out I have? What are the issues getting a watch from abroad? International warranty yes, but is that OK? Can name and warranty info be transferred into my name or is it always registered to original purchaser? What about when flying out of UK, will I be stopped and asked if the watch was bought here? Can it be confiscated if they know it wasn't? Tax issues etc, VAT issues... so many questions, and many more I can't think of right now! Can anyone give me complete peace of mind from their own buying experiences? What is it about Italy too? Why do so many watches get sourced from their? Any Italian members here that can shed light on this? Should I just fly to Italy and buy direct? Thanks! AM...
Old 11 February 2014, 09:36 AM   #13
AnnemarieGirl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Qadri View Post
Thats what I thought also last year before I bought my HULK there. Apparently they had 2 recent robberies and changed mode of operation by appointment only due to the insurance requirement
Yes. It seems this was one of them. AM.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-11702319
Old 11 February 2014, 12:21 PM   #14
RRGHOST1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT SubC Blue
I spoke to a forum member on another forum and we spoke at great length about the Italian route and he said very good things about Iconic saying they could come close to matching the Italian pricing.
Old 11 February 2014, 07:38 PM   #15
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnemarieGirl View Post
While I am familiar with the term grey dealer I have never really quite understood the meaning. Does this mean there is something illegitimate about them and something I should watch out for? I called Rolex HQ earlier and was told that only ADs are given access to the Rolex Stolen Register, therefore how could I be assured I am not buying a stolen watch and what backup do I have if it turns out I have? What are the issues getting a watch from abroad? International warranty yes, but is that OK? Can name and warranty info be transferred into my name or is it always registered to original purchaser? What about when flying out of UK, will I be stopped and asked if the watch was bought here? Can it be confiscated if they know it wasn't? Tax issues etc, VAT issues... so many questions, and many more I can't think of right now! Can anyone give me complete peace of mind from their own buying experiences? What is it about Italy too? Why do so many watches get sourced from their? Any Italian members here that can shed light on this? Should I just fly to Italy and buy direct? Thanks! AM...
Iconic are just like the famed trusted dealers here like Davidsw. They have relations with Italian and Spanish ADs and get watches BNIB with a stamped AD warranty and with your name at very good prices, and pass them on to us. There is no VAT as this is all EU and Iconic have been doing this for years, they had a brick and mortar store but the internet dealing is obviously much bigger now.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote