The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 April 2020, 12:45 PM   #4921
makak
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by benvh View Post
Well this seems to be a big part of the problem:

"By the end of the day, roughly 280 million masks from warehouses around the U.S. had been purchased by foreign buyers and were earmarked to leave the country, according to the broker — and that was in one day."

Link

Ben
In February, a Chinese company based in Australia basically bought 30 million (which would've been enough for 1 per Australian) N95 masks, as well as 90 tonnes of medical supplies and shipped them back to China. Disgusting that it happened and we allowed it to happen. Those same N95 masks that should be available for $5 each are now being sold for $20 and guess where they're coming from? Makes me ropable
makak is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 01:01 PM   #4922
superstarmar
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In Motion
Watch: my wrist presence
Posts: 7,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
So did 4g and 3g testing cause previous coronavirus outbreaks?
the EMF rating doesn't suggest it as I understand.

Here's another article praising the power of 5G warding
off pigs... in South Korea at the Olympics...

https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/bu...nter-olympics/
superstarmar is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 01:05 PM   #4923
Star Ferry
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: New York City
Watch: Blancpain
Posts: 4,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by makak View Post
In February, a Chinese company based in Australia basically bought 30 million (which would've been enough for 1 per Australian) N95 masks, as well as 90 tonnes of medical supplies and shipped them back to China. Disgusting that it happened and we allowed it to happen. Those same N95 masks that should be available for $5 each are now being sold for $20 and guess where they're coming from? Makes me ropable
International trade is now under a microscope. One cool thing about the US administration is that it includes plenty of young people, several of whom I am fortunate enough to know. They're furious.. and also can't get much public traction on the issue. If you play tough with trade, you're evil, nationalist, racist, etc. But if you play nice, it can result in nurses wearing trash bags, in which case you're also the worst ever.

I hope and pray that logic prevails
Star Ferry is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 01:07 PM   #4924
Rock
"TRF" Member
 
Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Real Name: Rocky
Location: Australia
Watch: Grail:Bluesy
Posts: 17,080
Makak - The export of those medical supplies is analogous to the infinitely more serious export of technological research done in the financially-compromised Australian Universities that have research/funding and academic links with the PRC through networks of companies, universities and military research institutions. Read Clive Hamilton's "Silent Invasion" if you want to be shocked.
__________________
Cellini 4112. Sub 14060M. DJ 16233. Rotherhams 1847 Pocket-watch.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 01:18 PM   #4925
Fleetlord
2022 Pledge Member
 
Fleetlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vain
Posts: 5,509
3M and others need to set up a direct purchase system for the US government, just like defense contractors do. We don't buy F-35 fighters from a distributor.

These are needed for national defense. The normal commerce system is broken as even the hospitals can't buy them through channels as the AD's are selling these through brokers to the highest bidder.

At this point, i wonder if Jomashop could get masks faster than any hospital in NYC...
Fleetlord is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 01:32 PM   #4926
Star Ferry
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: New York City
Watch: Blancpain
Posts: 4,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
3M and others need to set up a direct purchase system for the US government, just like defense contractors do. We don't buy F-35 fighters from a distributor.

These are needed for national defense. The normal commerce system is broken as even the hospitals can't buy them through channels as the AD's are selling these through brokers to the highest bidder.

At this point, i wonder if Jomashop could get masks faster than any hospital in NYC...
a few days ago I talked to a friend who sat on the national security council (He's not on it right now). What I was told is that it can't all be set up overnight. Kicking out the old middlemen seems simple, but it's not. If it takes 3 weeks, that's 3 weeks too long. So those old distribution channels are still in place. Yet the market demand has changed so much that the channels aren't working as hoped/expected... All I can say is, the fix isn't that simple, but a lot of the decision makers have ideas very close to your post.
Star Ferry is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 01:36 PM   #4927
RWH
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: New York
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
3M and others need to set up a direct purchase system for the US government, just like defense contractors do. We don't buy F-35 fighters from a distributor.

These are needed for national defense. The normal commerce system is broken as even the hospitals can't buy them through channels as the AD's are selling these through brokers to the highest bidder.

At this point, i wonder if Jomashop could get masks faster than any hospital in NYC...
China has imposed heavy restrictions on mask exports. I've been working with my relative in China who has access to large scale production. I've been working all day to set up a logistics channel to import masks from this manufacturer. The manufacturer has connections in the ministry of foreign affairs in China so they can skirt around the export customs. I'm trying to secure 50k N95s for New York. Either for Northwell health or the city government. If I can get it done then I might be able to supply over half a million masks through my channel in a month.
RWH is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 01:54 PM   #4928
Fleetlord
2022 Pledge Member
 
Fleetlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vain
Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWH View Post
China has imposed heavy restrictions on mask exports. I've been working with my relative in China who has access to large scale production. I've been working all day to set up a logistics channel to import masks from this manufacturer. The manufacturer has connections in the ministry of foreign affairs in China so they can skirt around the export customs. I'm trying to secure 50k N95s for New York. Either for Northwell health or the city government. If I can get it done then I might be able to supply over half a million masks through my channel in a month.
That is spectacular work.
Fleetlord is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 02:01 PM   #4929
77T
2022 Rolex SUBMARINER Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 38,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWH View Post
China has imposed heavy restrictions on mask exports. I've been working with my relative in China who has access to large scale production. I've been working all day to set up a logistics channel to import masks from this manufacturer. The manufacturer has connections in the ministry of foreign affairs in China so they can skirt around the export customs. I'm trying to secure 50k N95s for New York. Either for Northwell health or the city government. If I can get it done then I might be able to supply over half a million masks through my channel in a month.


I wish you success in the effort.

For a few days I have mentioned many people could make do with a basic mask. I take it all back...

Tonight on ABC they highlighted a small hospital just a couple of hours SW of ATL. A nurse canít put on a basic mask straight. And a recovering, but still shedding coronavirus, patient hasnít a clue.

Screenshots






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 02:04 PM   #4930
Fleetlord
2022 Pledge Member
 
Fleetlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vain
Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
a few days ago I talked to a friend who sat on the national security council (He's not on it right now). What I was told is that it can't all be set up overnight. Kicking out the old middlemen seems simple, but it's not. If it takes 3 weeks, that's 3 weeks too long. So those old distribution channels are still in place. Yet the market demand has changed so much that the channels aren't working as hoped/expected... All I can say is, the fix isn't that simple, but a lot of the decision makers have ideas very close to your post.
So essentially this is what is happeing.

3M > Distributor > Broker > Biggest Payer

This is very much like the Rolex issues with AD selling directly to Grays, who then mark it up and offer it to the market at much higher prices.

In the case of the masks, the brokers buy the masks straight from the distributors and the hospitals get cut out. The brokers then sell overseas because they bypass all the price gouging laws and just sell the masks to anyone with cash.

I don't sense any political sway in this video, it just tells it like it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsmKvC7RpEQ


See the problem is that 3M doesn't have any real pressuring leverage against them except for nasty press, but that isn't really getting out.

BUT the leverage against 3M is through their retail channels, namely Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart..

SO....if the government set up accounts to buy the masks through the retail channels, the retailers would then leverage ALL their existing and future 3M business against them...in other words, we get all your masks or you lose EVERYTHING you sell through our big and numerous box stores. That will get 3M's attention very quickly. The masks hopefully would end up in the "right" places...
Fleetlord is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 02:11 PM   #4931
Star Ferry
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: New York City
Watch: Blancpain
Posts: 4,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
So essentially this is what is happeing.

3M > Distributor > Broker > Biggest Payer

This is very much like the Rolex issues with AD selling directly to Grays, who then mark it up and offer it to the market.

In the case of the masks, the brokers buy the masks straight from the distributors and the hospitals get cut out. The brokers then sell overseas because they bypass all the price gouging laws and just sell the masks to anyone with cash.

I don't sense any political sway in this video, it just tells it like it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsmKvC7RpEQ


See the problem is that 3M doesn't have any leverage against them except for nasty press, but that isn't really getting out.

BUT the leverage against 3M is through their retail channels, namely Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart..

SO....if the government set up accounts to buy the masks through the retail channels, the retailers would leverage ALL 3M business against them...in other words, we get all your masks or you lose EVERYTHING you sell through our boxes. That will get their attention very quickly.
So I accept your whole argument. The counter is that the logistics of the gov't buying the masks and distrbuting them to thousands of hospitals are not easy. The military is good at logistics, but there's deep reluctance to rely too heavily on the military, because it'd leave us vulnerable to attack. The threats are real, and the enemies will strike when we seem weakest.

The straightforward answer is to nationalize 3M right now. Pay the shareholders a fair price and let them move on. I have no problem with that. I tried to push that point and couldn't get a straight answer on it. My personal opinion is that nationalization of any private business would lead to serious capital flight. We have very weak capital controls, because people generally want to keep their wealth in the USA. But that could backfire badly.
Star Ferry is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 02:18 PM   #4932
Fleetlord
2022 Pledge Member
 
Fleetlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vain
Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
So I accept your whole argument. The counter is that the logistics of the gov't buying the masks and distrbuting them to thousands of hospitals are not easy. The military is good at logistics, but there's deep reluctance to rely too heavily on the military, because it'd leave us vulnerable to attack. The threats are real, and the enemies will strike when we seem weakest.

The straightforward answer is to nationalize 3M right now. Pay the shareholders a fair price and let them move on. I have no problem with that. I tried to push that point and couldn't get a straight answer on it. My personal opinion is that nationalization of any private business would lead to serious capital flight. We have very weak capital controls, because people generally want to keep their wealth in the USA. But that could backfire badly.
I do agree with the logistical challenges you mention being a real hurdle..

I also agree with nationalizing the business, which would be the ultimate option...I went with retail pressure as I have seen HD play the “do what we tell you to or else” card personally and it gets results in very short order.

But as you stated, what happens next....maybe the retailers distribute the masks?

Idk...interesting discussion though...
Fleetlord is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 03:02 PM   #4933
Paul7
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
As Iíve told some of you before my wife is a scientist at the University of South Florida in Tampa. Here is an interesting and brief summary from the dean of medicine at USF. Itís his opinion on how we can get out of this. Anyway I know most of you only accept information from scientists so here is one. His ideas and timeline seem pretty reasonable to me.

https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/202...rles-lockwood/
Good link, we need to quarantine the vulnerable and those that test negative go back to work, with common sense precautions. We already have shipping companies and groceries working with those precautions, and they're not suffering mass virus outbreaks.
Paul7 is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 03:54 PM   #4934
Fleetlord
2022 Pledge Member
 
Fleetlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vain
Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
a few days ago I talked to a friend who sat on the national security council (He's not on it right now). What I was told is that it can't all be set up overnight. Kicking out the old middlemen seems simple, but it's not. If it takes 3 weeks, that's 3 weeks too long. So those old distribution channels are still in place. Yet the market demand has changed so much that the channels aren't working as hoped/expected... All I can say is, the fix isn't that simple, but a lot of the decision makers have ideas very close to your post.
It looks like they got a deal worked out through FEMA..

https://www.startribune.com/trump-in...sks/569337532/

Let's see how this works out.
Fleetlord is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 04:27 PM   #4935
fmc000
"TRF" Member
 
fmc000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Real Name: Fabio
Location: Como - Italy
Posts: 4,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
the EMF rating doesn't suggest it as I understand.



Here's another article praising the power of 5G warding

off pigs... in South Korea at the Olympics...



https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/bu...nter-olympics/
Phrase keep this conspiracy theories out of TRF. I'm pretty sure you can find lots of Facebook pages or conspiracy websites where other people who share your beliefs will enjoy your posts. Thank you.

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk
fmc000 is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 08:11 PM   #4936
superstarmar
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In Motion
Watch: my wrist presence
Posts: 7,437
PHP Code:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
Phrase keep this conspiracy theories out of TRF. I'm pretty sure you can find lots of Facebook pages or conspiracy websites where other people who share your beliefs will enjoy your posts. Thank you.

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk
This article is not on Facebook!
I donít even use Facebook...
It was published in a business journal.
Conspiracy theory ? Says who , you ?
Thanks for your input but I donít believe weíve
reached the point where one make a decision
for all on what to believe or not believe.
Have we ? I though that it is a personal choice?
Now, I can not tell you how many threads and
postings I found on TRF over the years
I didnít agree with or was to my liking .
I simply passed it by and went to another threat.
Please donít make a decision for everyone else
except yourself .

Have a wonderful day my friend ...
superstarmar is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 08:20 PM   #4937
greggsiam
"TRF" Member
 
greggsiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Real Name: Gregg
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
This article is not on Facebook!
It was published in a business journal.
Conspiracy theory ? Says who , you ?
Please donít make a decision for everyone else
except yourself .

Have a wonderful day my friend ...
5G conspiracy theories are nonsense
https://inews.co.uk/news/technology/...lained-2525663
greggsiam is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 08:24 PM   #4938
superstarmar
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In Motion
Watch: my wrist presence
Posts: 7,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggsiam View Post
5G conspiracy theories are nonsense
https://inews.co.uk/news/technology/...lained-2525663
Ok ...

I saw lots of those type of articles myself.
Thanks for informing me . I have now
been educated... Carry on ...
superstarmar is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 08:28 PM   #4939
Andad
2022 Rolex SUBMARINER Pledge Member
 
Andad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Real Name: Eddie
Location: Australia
Watch: A few.
Posts: 34,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul7 View Post
Good link, we need to quarantine the vulnerable and those that test negative go back to work, with common sense precautions. We already have shipping companies and groceries working with those precautions, and they're not suffering mass virus outbreaks.
Could those who tested negative one day test positive the following day?
__________________
E

Andad is online now  
Old 3 April 2020, 08:35 PM   #4940
BreguetRolex
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Colombo,SriLanka
Watch: TIMEX
Posts: 2,251
So wife and I have been at our winter condo in Sri Lanka since mid october and was scheduled to arrive back in Ohio on the 14th of April. I received notice from airline that all flights are cancelled UFN out of Sri Lanka and in return and that our flight would be scheduled for a future flight when permitted..:) No problem but grass will need cutting and still to have filed US Taxes....Sri Lanka will extent our visas as needed and we are under a 24 hour mandatory curfew. Sri lanka has 152 cases as of today with our 4th death here on the Island.

I feel we are better off just hanging out here until this settles down a bit. We have excess heat of over 100F every single day with temps that do not dip below 78F at night.. Could this heat be a factor or just another myth..? Were fine and very content even under curfew. I am hoping this does not all of a sudden explode into a disaster here on The Emerald Isle of the Indian Ocean..
BreguetRolex is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 09:11 PM   #4941
brandrea
2022 Rolex SUBMARINER Pledge Member
 
brandrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Real Name: Brian (TBone)
Location: canada
Watch: es make me smile
Posts: 60,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Could those who tested negative one day test positive the following day?
And .... if you contract the virus and don’t get sick, has your immune system built a defense or can you contract it at a later date?
brandrea is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 09:43 PM   #4942
Beo3
2022 Rolex SUBMARINER Pledge Member
 
Beo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Real Name: Eddie
Location: NY
Watch: Too Many
Posts: 14,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreguetRolex View Post
So wife and I have been at our winter condo in Sri Lanka since mid october and was scheduled to arrive back in Ohio on the 14th of April. I received notice from airline that all flights are cancelled UFN out of Sri Lanka and in return and that our flight would be scheduled for a future flight when permitted..:) No problem but grass will need cutting and still to have filed US Taxes....Sri Lanka will extent our visas as needed and we are under a 24 hour mandatory curfew. Sri lanka has 152 cases as of today with our 4th death here on the Island.

I feel we are better off just hanging out here until this settles down a bit. We have excess heat of over 100F every single day with temps that do not dip below 78F at night.. Could this heat be a factor or just another myth..? Were fine and very content even under curfew. I am hoping this does not all of a sudden explode into a disaster here on The Emerald Isle of the Indian Ocean..
Marine - I wish you and your bride a healthy extended stay in your adopted country.

Screw the grass and trust me, the IRS wont let you forget about your taxes.

Enjoy the warm weather and the Misses company.

You are much better staying put.
Beo3 is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 10:25 PM   #4943
superdog
2022 Rolex SUBMARINER Pledge Member
 
superdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Real Name: Seth
Location: nj
Watch: Omega
Posts: 23,246
So many stories of friends getting sick.

Friends losing loved ones.

Omega boutique in Hackensack is closing it’s doors for good.

Endless challenges daily.

NY and NJ are no joke right now.

It’s time to fight like never before. And this will be a long drawn out fight against an enemy we can’t see.

Must stay positive at all costs. Must not let this defeat us. Let’s go!!!
__________________
If happiness is a state of mind, why look anywhere else for it?

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 10:37 PM   #4944
greggsiam
"TRF" Member
 
greggsiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Real Name: Gregg
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 694
As for the 5G, a nice summary from a Redditor

Quote:
Tinfoil hat wearers will wear tin foil hats. This is just the latest of "theories". This one comes from a misconception about how radiation works. Most of the radio spectrum is harmless, which includes visible light, radio waves, microwaves, ect. The only harmful part of the radiation spectrum is the highest energy ionizing radiation, which is stuff like alpha, beta, gamma, ect. particles which have enough energy to knock off electrons from atoms. This can cause DNA damage. 5g is far from ionizing radiation, but when people hear that 5g is "radioactive" they freak out. Like most conspiracy theories, it's a basic misunderstanding (and mistrust when corrected) of the science behind it. It doesn't help that there's """"studies""" floating around that say that 5g causes brain cancer in infants. These aren't real studies but they look real enough to fool some people.

That's the gist. I'm sure there's some other sub categories of conspiracy theorists that think it's a form of population control, or mind control or whatever, but that's a majority of them. They think that it's the bad kind of radiation when it's not.
greggsiam is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 11:02 PM   #4945
mountainjogger
2022 Rolex SUBMARINER Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Real Name: H
Location: North Carolina
Watch: M99230B-0008
Posts: 5,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
So many stories of friends getting sick.

Friends losing loved ones.

Omega boutique in Hackensack is closing itís doors for good.

Endless challenges daily.

NY and NJ are no joke right now.

Itís time to fight like never before. And this will be a long drawn out fight against an enemy we canít see.

Must stay positive at all costs. Must not let this defeat us. Letís go!!!
Agree Seth. We've picked a horse. Don't change midstream without giving this plan a chance with everything we have.

Stay safe.
__________________
The King of Cool.
mountainjogger is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 11:08 PM   #4946
Patton250
2022 Pledge Member
 
Patton250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Real Name: Brett
Location: Florida
Watch: 5205R
Posts: 5,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Agree Seth. We've picked a horse. Don't change midstream without giving this plan a chance with everything we have.

Stay safe.
They are not going to change course. In fact I think there’s very good odds of them extending this well past May 1.

I bet somewhere around April 28th we will see a press conference and the vice president holding up a sign that says “30 more days to kill the virus” or something like that.
__________________
Morality does not derive from consensus. It only comes from one place.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline  
Old 3 April 2020, 11:46 PM   #4947
JasoninDenver
2022 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreguetRolex View Post
So wife and I have been at our winter condo in Sri Lanka since mid october and was scheduled to arrive back in Ohio on the 14th of April. I received notice from airline that all flights are cancelled UFN out of Sri Lanka and in return and that our flight would be scheduled for a future flight when permitted..:) No problem but grass will need cutting and still to have filed US Taxes....Sri Lanka will extent our visas as needed and we are under a 24 hour mandatory curfew. Sri lanka has 152 cases as of today with our 4th death here on the Island.

I feel we are better off just hanging out here until this settles down a bit. We have excess heat of over 100F every single day with temps that do not dip below 78F at night.. Could this heat be a factor or just another myth..? Were fine and very content even under curfew. I am hoping this does not all of a sudden explode into a disaster here on The Emerald Isle of the Indian Ocean..
Tax day extended to July 15th.
__________________
Jason Crawford

116610 LN
DateJust
JasoninDenver is offline  
Old 4 April 2020, 12:03 AM   #4948
Letsgodiving
"TRF" Member
 
Letsgodiving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Real Name: Mike
Location: Virginia, US
Watch: SD 16600
Posts: 4,234
On a positive note a 104 year old WWII veteran survives COVID-19.

https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/1...ates-birthday/
__________________
The fool, with all his other faults, has this also - he is always getting ready to live. - Epicurus (341Ė270 BC)
Letsgodiving is offline  
Old 4 April 2020, 12:33 AM   #4949
watchmework
"TRF" Member
 
watchmework's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: DC
Watch: 126710BLRO
Posts: 7,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgodiving View Post
On a positive note a 104 year old WWII veteran survives COVID-19.

https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/1...ates-birthday/
Incredible...
watchmework is offline  
Old 4 April 2020, 12:36 AM   #4950
andyxxx
"TRF" Member
 
andyxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Real Name: Andy
Location: England
Watch: with confusion
Posts: 626
I believe we are wasting our time self isolating and all we are doing is prolonging this crisis though it may save lives - may being the operative word once all are tallied.

At the rate of infection it would seem we will need to isolate for several months or until a vaccine is found – this duration is not possible.

Already, after a couple of weeks, economies are badly damaged – we simply cannot go on indefinitely.

We are crippling our businesses and economies and the subsequent death toll (other from the virus) will already be enormous.

(I can't see any reason why my opinion or adding this to the discussion should violate forum rules?)
andyxxx is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DavidSW Watches


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2022, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.