The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 May 2020, 01:02 AM   #61
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
The 100 are all now in circulation I believe. A few still unsold I would imagine and a few with greys.
I’m gonna call today and get more info!
Old 25 May 2020, 08:08 AM   #62
Famz_01
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP and Rolex
Rose gold royal oak for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Famz_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 11:14 PM   #63
durbs
"TRF" Member

Nice concept
durbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 02:33 AM   #64
sookainian
"TRF" Member

After seeing the AP concept today at the boutique and under the natural sunlight (they allow me to bring out to view), I'm totally blown away by all the fine gold details against the black dial and took the jump. I told them the boutique lighting is very bad. If I didn't see it under the natural sunlight, I wouldn't have bought it.

Not only that, flying tourbillon without the bridge and gears blocking the view of the tourbillon is just so beautiful. Love it !

Photos don't do justice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AP 1.jpg (94.5 KB, 460 views)
File Type: jpg AP 2.jpg (113.6 KB, 468 views)
File Type: jpg AP 3.jpg (112.9 KB, 460 views)
sookainian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 02:47 AM   #65
sookainian
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
so you are buying the AP at retail and not from a grey dealer? For the price of of the concept you should easily get an RM at a grey dealer.
I did consider RM many times. Few days back when the RM11-05 launch within the first hour I called the RM sales guy and told him I want to put deposit. But they turn me away. I even went down to the RM boutique but no luck... and they say all RM11 reservation list is close.

Sadly I got 0 luck with RM until today. They just don't love me

Hmmm for watches that cost 100k-300k, I don't feel safe buying from grey dealer and I also wont be able to build the rep with the brand.
Old 6 July 2020, 03:55 AM   #66
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

I looked at both and went with the concept. I have a small wrist but it fits well and is light.
So I would say the concept and looks like you already did it..:)
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 04:28 AM   #67
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

These are two tourbillons I have considered I have considered in addition to the one I do own-- the AP concept.

Jaeger-LeCoultre Geophysic Tourbillon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTkwqMFdKbs

Gronefeld Parallax
https://www.gronefeld.com/collection...-in-12-pieces/

I almost purchased the JLC but the one thing that stopped me is the inability to set the minutes without markers. The Gronefeld is a bit like that but there are some models where the minute markers are present.

THe one thing about the Concept and AP tourbillons in general is not having the seconds markers on the tourbillon. I like the VC tourbillon in part for that reason.
Maybe will consider that one in the near future.
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 04:46 AM   #68
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookainian View Post
After seeing the AP concept today at the boutique and under the natural sunlight (they allow me to bring out to view), I'm totally blown away by all the fine gold details against the black dial and took the jump. I told them the boutique lighting is very bad. If I didn't see it under the natural sunlight, I wouldn't have bought it.

Not only that, flying tourbillon without the bridge and gears blocking the view of the tourbillon is just so beautiful. Love it !

Photos don't do justice

Beautiful and congrats! I think this is going to be my next piece!
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 10:18 AM   #69
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I did consider RM many times. Few days back when the RM11-05 launch within the first hour I called the RM sales guy and told him I want to put deposit. But they turn me away. I even went down to the RM boutique but no luck... and they say all RM11 reservation list is close.

Sadly I got 0 luck with RM until today. They just don't love me

Hmmm for watches that cost 100k-300k, I don't feel safe buying from grey dealer and I also wont be able to build the rep with the brand.
Understood, makes perfect sense in regards to not buying grey at that price point. Having trouble getting comfortable going grey at $20k myself.

May I ask how many years you have had a relationship with AP to get access to these grail watches?

Amazing and stunning piece. The concept looks amazing on you huge congrats. Almost like it better than the RMs because not that many people have the Concept. Amazing piece.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 11:47 AM   #70
sookainian
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
Understood, makes perfect sense in regards to not buying grey at that price point. Having trouble getting comfortable going grey at $20k myself.

May I ask how many years you have had a relationship with AP to get access to these grail watches?

Amazing and stunning piece. The concept looks amazing on you huge congrats. Almost like it better than the RMs because not that many people have the Concept. Amazing piece.
Coming to 5 years. My first AP was the 26401RO which I still have it till today. At that point of time I told myself that will be the last and most expensive watch I'll ever purchase... but the poison seems to continue hahas
Old 6 July 2020, 11:57 AM   #71
sookainian
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchucallit View Post
I looked at both and went with the concept. I have a small wrist but it fits well and is light.
So I would say the concept and looks like you already did it..:)
Agree it looks big but fit quite well actually

My next AP will be a skeleton doublewheel. Which one will you guys recommend ?

I love the steel with gold details. But I also love the rose gold as I never own full rose gold before.

Also which one will have better resale value in the future if one day I need to cash out ?
Attached Images
File Type: png 8862978ed584620062326c314821b325.png (183.0 KB, 455 views)
File Type: png b157dd108751216b91f9e737075c56d9.png (250.1 KB, 443 views)
Old 6 July 2020, 12:16 PM   #72
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Congratulations on the Concept! Have any side by side pics of it and the 26401? Interested in the size comparison.
Old 6 July 2020, 06:09 PM   #73
rumnyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202ST
Quote:

Photos don't do justice

I had the chance to try this one. The finish is so nice, pics with the horrible boutique lighting don’t tell a fair story. I face the pics were so bad i deleted them. The only think i don’t like is the insane thickness of the case and the very narrow strap in proportion to the overall watch. If this was in a normal 44mm case i would be lusting after it....or maybe its my small wrist but the shape didn’t work for me...

However the dial and the way to adjust it and the action of changing the settings mode all were incredible...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rumnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2020, 12:55 AM   #74
sookainian
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post
Congratulations on the Concept! Have any side by side pics of it and the 26401? Interested in the size comparison.
Here you go, sorry for the bad lighting in my room. But as u can see they are actually similar in size when you put them side by side.

Not as big from all the online photos.

Plus I feel the 26401 is slight bigger than the concept because of the two pusher at the side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A8AE88C3-C07C-41CD-8EBC-4E0C314A2A8C.jpeg (76.3 KB, 393 views)
File Type: jpeg BB1C9874-DCD5-4366-B1F9-B93C177AEA86.jpeg (70.2 KB, 408 views)
Old 7 July 2020, 06:24 AM   #75
Reign
"TRF" Member

First AP Tourbillon

Quote:

I love the steel with gold details. But I also love the rose gold as I never own full rose gold before.

Also which one will have better resale value in the future if one day I need to cash out ?

You’ll need to see how the RG works with your skin tone.

Putting price aside, I prefer the ST. I think it provides a better backdrop for the balance wheel and bridge to pop against compared to a slightly more muted RG backdrop.

ST will give you a better MOIC if that’s a factor.

To throw a curveball at you, if all goes well, we should get a ceramic double balance this year.

Whenever they offer you one though, just take whatever they have and run - they’re gonna push nearly 10 references with the movement soon so the 15407 in any variant will only increasingly be harder to get
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2020, 10:57 AM   #76
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Coming to 5 years. My first AP was the 26401RO which I still have it till today. At that point of time I told myself that will be the last and most expensive watch I'll ever purchase... but the poison seems to continue hahas
Let's talk in 5 years :) thanks very interesting to hear from someone that actually gets access to all the watches I would want.

After how many watches / years did you get invited to AP golf events and such? That's the real reason I am buying at the boutique ; )
Old 7 July 2020, 11:04 AM   #77
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Beautiful concept! Congrats.
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 05:12 PM   #78
RO4life
"TRF" Member

Icon10

Quote:

Wow I'm from SG too and I wanted to start my journey on AP, may I know how many non-boutique exclusive/limited edition AP you've bought from them to be able to access grails like 15202, Tourbillions or Openworked?
RO4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2020, 06:07 PM   #79
sookainian
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO4life View Post
Wow I'm from SG too and I wanted to start my journey on AP, may I know how many non-boutique exclusive/limited edition AP you've bought from them to be able to access grails like 15202, Tourbillions or Openworked?
I cant really comment much as it was long and expensive journey. I never sell any of my AP since I started collecting in 2015. So maybe they know I'm a collector instead of a flipper.

AP know there are many new comer just trying to flip and pretend they don't. So a good start would be the offshore/1159, if u can show them u still wearing it after many years I'm sure they will start to offer you more.

But unlike AP in Japan/UK where they will reserve for their own local people, here is different. The market is small in SG so they open up to everyone. To be their VIP, you need to spend alot alot more.... Which I myself can never reach there too. As I've friends (foreigner) who buy watches from them every month....
Old 9 July 2020, 07:14 PM   #80
AP15407st_patrick
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
You’ll need to see how the RG works with your skin tone.

Putting price aside, I prefer the ST. I think it provides a better backdrop for the balance wheel and bridge to pop against compared to a slightly more muted RG backdrop.

ST will give you a better MOIC if that’s a factor.

To throw a curveball at you, if all goes well, we should get a ceramic double balance this year.

Whenever they offer you one though, just take whatever they have and run - they’re gonna push nearly 10 references with the movement soon so the 15407 in any variant will only increasingly be harder to get
Sounds very interesting. Are you certain that the 15407ce will be something AP is really planning to realize?
AP15407st_patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2020, 09:30 PM   #81
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Prefer the RO gold- more versatile. The concept is ridiculously awesome but more as a play thing. Which would fit your lifestyle best?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 06:34 PM   #82
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Quote:

Photos don't do justice

Huge congrats! That’s a stunner wow.
Old 15 July 2020, 05:27 PM   #83
sookainian
"TRF" Member

As I want to change the strap myself, Does anyone know what is the AP Concept GMT screw size ?

Also where sell the screwdriver and tools I will need to do the strap swap ?
Old 17 July 2020, 09:55 PM   #84
AstroMan
"TRF" Member

Big congratss

AP CONCEPT is stunning
AstroMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 11:17 PM   #85
rmlovett1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
Looks sharp! Big congratulations!
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 08:11 AM   #86
startrolexendrolex
"TRF" Member

Is the tourbillon ro a hard to get watch? Do you have to be a VIP to get offered?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
startrolexendrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 08:20 AM   #87
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by startrolexendrolex View Post
Is the tourbillon ro a hard to get watch? Do you have to be a VIP to get offered?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Interesting point would like to know as well, but realistically if all of the watch celebrities (kevin hart, golfers like poulter etc ) and the rich oil crowd in the middle east get one - if it is a 10 -100 piece release how many are really going to be left over for regular watch guys with deep pockets?