The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 10 July 2020, 04:15 PM   #1
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

RO chrono 26331ST.OO 02 vs 03

I’m looking at a new 41mm AP chrono in stainless but can’t decide between the 26331ST black and panda. Would any of you owners be willing to take a pic of the watch with your full arm, like a hand in the pocket pic? There are tons of close ups but it’s hard to get a perspective of how it will look in real life. I always felt a hand in pocket pic was a lot more representative of how it would look on the wrist. Thanks in advance!
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2020, 06:18 PM   #2
dr3ziz
"TRF" Member

This was my choice , all combinations were nice but the silvery white dial over black sub dials won me over .
My wrist is 6.5 inches for your reference and good luck on whatever you decide to get
dr3ziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 02:38 AM   #3
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

Thank you for the picture, that looks amazing!!! I’m leaning toward your color combo. I don’t have a boutique around so will be ordering from an AD just based on posted pictures and videos.
Old 11 July 2020, 02:18 PM   #4
EricH
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
02 is Nice!

I can understand your dilemma. I had tried on a panda a year or so ago but wasn't sold on it. I was finally able to get a black dial (sight unseen) this week and its better than I was hoping for. Fits great and my wrist is about 7.5 inches.

Eric H
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0046.jpg (182.9 KB, 264 views)
EricH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 03:05 PM   #5
wei915
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15400 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr3ziz View Post

This was my choice , all combinations were nice but the silvery white dial over black sub dials won me over .
My wrist is 6.5 inches for your reference and good luck on whatever you decide to get

I’m also considering this piece as well. However, I’m a little concerned about the poor legibility of the sub-dial hands. From some of the pictures I’ve seen, the polished WG hands seem to completely blend in with the black sub-dials and become difficult to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wei915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 02:13 AM   #6
dr3ziz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wei915 View Post
I’m also considering this piece as well. However, I’m a little concerned about the poor legibility of the sub-dial hands. From some of the pictures I’ve seen, the polished WG hands seem to completely blend in with the black sub-dials and become difficult to read.

Legibility is not a problem for me even though at 49 Im wearing reading glasses for a few years,,, the date on the other hand that’s another story !! But I love my watch so it’s not an issue
Old 12 July 2020, 02:16 AM   #7
dr3ziz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
Thank you for the picture, that looks amazing!!! I’m leaning toward your color combo. I don’t have a boutique around so will be ordering from an AD just based on posted pictures and videos.

No problem my friend , pick the color you like and don’t worry they are all great so no wrong choices here ,, regards
Old 12 July 2020, 02:27 AM   #8
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricH View Post
I can understand your dilemma. I had tried on a panda a year or so ago but wasn't sold on it. I was finally able to get a black dial (sight unseen) this week and its better than I was hoping for. Fits great and my wrist is about 7.5 inches.

Eric H
Wow, actually the black one looks really nice.
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 03:33 AM   #9
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr3ziz View Post
No problem my friend , pick the color you like and don’t worry they are all great so no wrong choices here ,, regards
I think you’re right they all look great and there really is no bad choice. Thank you for the pictures. Taken from a slight distance gives me a better idea of how they will actually look on the wrist.
Old 12 July 2020, 05:10 AM   #10
Bbp
"TRF" Member

RO chrono 26331ST.OO 02 vs 03

Quote:
Originally Posted by wei915 View Post

That is one of the reasons why i had chosen this over the blue and black dial. The WG sub-dial hands are like vertical pupils and under different lighting conditions, it blinks like eyes. By the way some panda have vertical pupils.

Bbp is offline   Reply With Quote