The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 May 2020, 01:46 PM   #91
Bigsoftee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite DD40
Apart from buyers remorse which lasted about 3 minutes, No.
Bigsoftee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 03:15 PM   #92
htc8p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
Maybe you were not ready for yellow gold but soon you will be

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk
htc8p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 05:14 PM   #93
Chope Man
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue dial 16618
OP said that he already had a YG DD, so this may not be the problem.

Now, a suggestion, if I may:

A full gold watch (I mean, with also a gold or champagne dial) is easier to wear than a YG submariner, because you only have one color.

I had a YG DD myself and still have a YG Datejust with gold dial.

Now, as for my YG blue dial submariner, I chose it because I have always loved the model since 1680/8 (have one of the last 16618) and also because I wear a lot of blue clothes: marine blue blazers, blue jeans, marine blue suede shoes, etc.

If I wear something black, I rather take my black dial reverse panda Tudor Chrono.

So, OP, did you try your submariner with black clothes?
Chope Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 07:02 PM   #94
10XRolex
2024 Pledge Member

I purchased a bnib chocolate roman 228235 at the beginning of the year. I wasn't really feeling the love though.

In the end, I bought it right and sold it right.
10XRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 01:12 AM   #95
LDN
"TRF" Member

I ll take it off Your hand for 10k!
LDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 01:38 AM   #96
johnorpheus
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
I love all these people who can't fathom that OP just might not like the watch, as though a YG Sub should be perfect for everyone, and if you don't like it just give up on watches and try getting into something else. Sometimes this forum drives me nuts.
Old 30 May 2020, 02:17 AM   #97
pav333hp
"TRF" Member

Personally, if I were to drop big monies on PM watch, I'd make sure I REALLY love it. But I do have plans to own a PM watch at some point, most likely platinum Daytona or DayDate - those are my holy grail Rolex watches. I'd also like to own some other brands like Patek and Briguet.
pav333hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 04:18 AM   #98
MickCollins1916
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600 SD4K
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
Dont you mean the sub is always greener on the other side?

OP, I think you'll enjoy a PM with a sunburst dial better. More dynamic and plays with light better.

sometimes, it is that! +1 on sunburst dials being great. Huge fan.

MickCollins1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 04:37 AM   #99
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Honestly if you just bought a YG sub and your AD refuses to help you out they suck and you should go somewhere else. Many people have gotten subs without any purchase history. And I have seen multiple Explorer IIs in the case over the past tow years at different ADs so it should not take them a year to source it for you. You YG sub rocks!

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 05:56 AM   #100
opaline460
"TRF" Member

happy with it

opaline460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 06:20 AM   #101
HopWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by opaline460 View Post
happy with it

I’m with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HopWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 10:13 PM   #102
k_buckle
Banned

I am no lover of gold but the black dial on it makes it look so cool.
k_buckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 10:18 PM   #103
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Never. Love gold.

GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 10:01 AM   #104
sp006
"TRF" Member

After switching to the smooth bezel/jubilee DJ41, I realized that I didn’t really miss the WG bezel on my previous one.

I also sometimes regret paying up for the 5196P when I think I would have been equally happy with a 5196G. I realize they are both PM options but the principle is the same with paying more for a similar watch of a different metal.

sp006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 10:52 AM   #105
calebb90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp006 View Post
After switching to the smooth bezel/jubilee DJ41, I realized that I didn’t really miss the WG bezel on my previous one.

I also sometimes regret paying up for the 5196P when I think I would have been equally happy with a 5196G. I realize they are both PM options but the principle is the same with paying more for a similar watch of a different metal.

I prefer the Breguet numerals and think you made the right choice

calebb90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 12:36 PM   #106
horseShu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Aqua Terra
For special occasions, no problems wearing TT or PM as other people wear more blingy stuff than me.

For daily wear, I can't seem to get comfortable wearing it yet. Feels that it calls too much attention. Maybe it's all in my head and I'll get used to it eventually. But right now, it's making me cringe.
horseShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 01:55 PM   #107
bas0617
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Awfully surprised you haven’t been rewarded with more availability after buying the YG Sub. My AD has all but flat out said if I buy a PM piece, many of my preferred steel pieces will magically appear.

Old 3 June 2020, 02:16 PM   #108
Jona
Banned

Watch: 116618LN
I traded several SS pieces for a YG Sub, black. Never looked back.
Jona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 11:01 PM   #109
time_and_cars
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansp82593 View Post
For whatever reason, I am not jazzed by my YG submariner.

I bought it new, haven’t even peeled all of the stickers off yet. Got a fairly decent discount off RRP. Yet I don’t feel as fulfilled as I was expecting.

Maybe the chase of the grail was better than the destination. But I still find myself lusting for a handful of steel pieces. Watches I could have bought for the price of the sub.

I’ve had a 16600 SD. 1601 DJ. 1803 YG DD. And a 116710LN GMT. I used to look at my Seadweller and smile in awe. “It’s a Rolex and it’s mine” . The GMT was beautiful and a great all rounder.

The yellow gold sub is beautiful. Quite a substantial piece. Pun intended. I just don’t think the juice was worth the squeeze. YMMV.

The other models that seem to have my interest the most? I’d like a hulk, SS submariner date 116610LN, and a white explorer 2 216570.

My AD basically told me forget trying to get a hulk. List is 50+ long. Even a black sub is a reach. Told me a year on a white EXP2. Pretty frustrating on availability.

Anyone else feel the same way after buying a PM? Anyone get better availability after buying a PM?
I guess is the color... You should go with the blue dial yellow gold no doubt IMO
Rolex Daytona 126500LN/Rolex 126710BLRO/Rolex 126720VTNR/Rolex 126710BLNR/Rolex Oyster 126000/Breitling B01 CHRONOGRAPH 43 CURTISS WARHAWK/Omega“SILVER SNOOPY AWARD” 50TH ANNIVERSARY/Some Swatch x omega x blancpain
time_and_cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 11:24 PM   #110
briansp82593
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by bas0617 View Post
Awfully surprised you haven’t been rewarded with more availability after buying the YG Sub. My AD has all but flat out said if I buy a PM piece, many of my preferred steel pieces will magically appear.

You know, I did not buy the YG sub to get preferential treatment. But to get nothing in return? A nod or a thank you? Here’s an opportunity to buy something else from us? All I’m hearing is “no soup for you”.

It’s like buying a new Porsche 911 and being told you have to wait for an oil change. There’s thirty guys in Volkswagens ahead of you.

And don’t get me wrong. I’m not expecting to jump to the front of any line, more of a “I’ll squeeze you in”

It’s irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by time_and_cars View Post
I guess is the color... You should go with the blue dial yellow gold no doubt IMO
I fought the blue/black battle for a long time. If I ever decide to go blue, I’d probably just get a 116613LB. For whatever reason the blue/stainless/gold is just the nicest color combination offered with the blue. IMO of course. I didn’t like it as much on the full gold watch.
briansp82593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 12:03 AM   #111
johnorpheus
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansp82593 View Post

I fought the blue/black battle for a long time. If I ever decide to go blue, I’d probably just get a 116613LB. For whatever reason the blue/stainless/gold is just the nicest color combination offered with the blue. IMO of course. I didn’t like it as much on the full gold watch.
This was my assessment as well, and why I went with the 116613LB. Very happy with it.
Old 4 June 2020, 02:45 AM   #112
mmmmp
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Wimbledon DJ41
>>>>The only watch I never really bonded with was the Bluesy. Always wanted one and for some reason after a few months i never wore it again and sold it.<<<<

The exact same thing happened to me. After, literally, years of wanting a Bluesy, trying it on ocasionly when visiting the AD, I found that after a couple of weeks I almost didn't even *like* it anymore. So, life being too short I sold it at a massive loss and moved on. I've never had anything like that happen before or since also realizing there's no way to prevent something like that from happening.

The OP made the sensible choice and I hope he finds the reference that really makes the heart sing.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
mmmmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 03:04 AM   #113
GONZO2LR
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
that is one good looking Sub...wow....
GONZO2LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 03:10 AM   #114
GONZO2LR
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorpheus View Post
I love all these people who can't fathom that OP just might not like the watch, as though a YG Sub should be perfect for everyone, and if you don't like it just give up on watches and try getting into something else. Sometimes this forum drives me nuts.
I feel you on that....sometimes I'm shaking my head in disbelief at some of the things said on this forum! I read a thread about; do you wear your Rolex running...OMG....shaking my head......
GONZO2LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 03:36 AM   #115
archer1021
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them!
You know I really like the black YG submariner but I felt the same way when I looked at them, but when I tried on the blue it wowed me.

Maybe swap it for a blue one. I have quite a few pms and I think this is one of my top favorites to look at.

Still though. Yours looks great

archer1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 04:02 AM   #116
legacy404
"TRF" Member

Some people either like it or dont. YG definitely more preferential. If you're not feeling it, i'd def look into the return policy or a trade-in if possible.
legacy404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 05:08 AM   #117
Posh Gentleman
"TRF" Member

I love rose gold Rolex on select models. It looks fantastic. Daytona Rose gold on chocolate dial is my grail watch, and I will likely acquire it at some point in future.

That being said, I hate the look of yellow gold. It reminds me too much of "Ancient Egyptian pharaoh" look, not to mention I would feel extremely uncomfortable sporting it at work, at social gatherings, etc.

My dad has a Rolex Sub Yellow gold, and I think it looks ridiculous on him. Told him to sell it and get a White gold one instead, but he loves to bling it out and get people's attention.. haha.
Posh Gentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 05:18 AM   #118
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh Gentleman View Post
I love rose gold Rolex on select models. It looks fantastic. Daytona Rose gold on chocolate dial is my grail watch, and I will likely acquire it at some point in future.

That being said, I hate the look of yellow gold. It reminds me too much of "Ancient Egyptian pharaoh" look, not to mention I would feel extremely uncomfortable sporting it at work, at social gatherings, etc.

My dad has a Rolex Sub Yellow gold, and I think it looks ridiculous on him. Told him to sell it and get a White gold one instead, but he loves to bling it out and get people's attention.. haha.
This one is mine. Love everything about it and don't give a **** what others think. Don't like WG. Too much like SS. Not a fan of the Smurf.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 09:37 PM   #119
htc8p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
I got a day date. You can’t go wrong with classics and I bought presented in great condition

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
htc8p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 09:43 PM   #120
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh Gentleman View Post
YG is the boss watch. The reason why you feel uncomfortable is because of your own self esteem and confidence. Nothing else.

I wear my RG, YG watches EVERYWHERE. Meetings and presentations in front of CEOs/CIOs/Sporting functions and fundraisers. Whatever it doesn't matter to me because I'm the one wearing it and enjoying it.

Dont care what anyone else thinks of me wearing a full gold watch - you know why? Because I can - its THAT simple.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote