The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 November 2023, 02:42 AM   #31
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
I'm thinking this would be pretty close to being accurate if we somehow conducted a poll on TRF.
Right?
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 02:45 AM   #32
WatchGuy1966
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbondOO7 View Post
What is ChatGPT?
I asked it to explain itself to me. According to itself, here is the answer:

Me: "Explain what chatGPT is and how it works"

ChatGPT: ChatGPT is a language model developed by OpenAI, based on the GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) architecture. It's part of the GPT-3.5 series, which is an advanced version of the model. Here's an explanation of what ChatGPT is and how it works:

1. Pre-training:
ChatGPT is trained in a two-step process. In the pre-training phase, the model is exposed to a massive amount of diverse text from the internet. It learns to predict the next word in a sentence, essentially learning the structure, grammar, and context of the language.
2. Fine-tuning:
After pre-training, the model is fine-tuned on specific datasets to make it more useful and safe for various applications. This process involves exposing the model to more controlled and curated data to align its behavior with desired outcomes.
3. Architecture:
ChatGPT uses the transformer architecture, which is a type of neural network architecture that excels in handling sequential data, like language. It consists of layers of attention mechanisms that allow the model to consider different parts of the input text when generating responses.
4. Tokenization:
Text is broken down into tokens, which can be as short as one character or as long as one word. These tokens are then used as input to the model. For example, the sentence "ChatGPT is great!" might be tokenized into ["Chat", "G", "PT", " is", " great", "!"].
5. Context and Memory:
The model has a context window, meaning it considers a certain number of previous tokens to generate the next one. This helps it maintain context and coherence in responses. However, there is a limitation to the number of tokens it can consider due to computational constraints.
6. Generation:
During inference, the model generates responses based on the input it receives. It doesn't truly understand the text in a human sense but generates responses that are contextually relevant and coherent based on the patterns it learned during training.
7. Limitations:
While ChatGPT can provide impressive responses, it has limitations. It may generate incorrect or nonsensical answers, be sensitive to input phrasing, and can sometimes produce biased or inappropriate content. It's important to be cautious when relying on it for critical or sensitive tasks.
8. Usage:
Developers and users can interact with ChatGPT through an API provided by OpenAI, integrating it into various applications, platforms, or services to enable natural language understanding and generation.
In summary, ChatGPT is a language model that leverages the transformer architecture and is trained on diverse datasets to understand and generate human-like text. It's a powerful tool but comes with certain limitations that users should be aware of."
WatchGuy1966 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 09:07 AM   #33
Porschen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
I'm thinking this would be pretty close to being accurate if we somehow conducted a poll on TRF.
I bet you’re right. A nuance here might be the difference between popularity vs desirability. Waitlist times at an AD don’t necessarily correlate with popularity (i.e., the Skydweller being left off the list)
Porschen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 03:07 PM   #34
Lew Archer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCheeta View Post
I asked it. Not very helpful…

“To purchase a Rolex from an authorized dealer without a purchase history, you can visit a reputable dealer in person, establish a relationship, and express your interest in buying a Rolex. Some dealers may prioritize customers with a history, but building a rapport can increase your chances. Be prepared to provide personal information and show genuine interest in the brand. Remember, availability may vary based on models and demand.”
Well, it was worth a shot!
Lew Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 03:40 PM   #35
GotRolex
"TRF" Member

Who is ChatGPT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GotRolex is offline   Reply With Quote