The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 December 2014, 01:07 PM   #31
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by skprd13 View Post
4 yrs! Not even! He is too small. Defense will destroy him.
Agreed....
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2014, 02:03 PM   #32
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Reminds me of Tim Tebow but with a bad attitude.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk (so I blame autocorrect for the spellin' errs)
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2014, 05:52 AM   #33
RockinIt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DDII
Well that was quick, injured hammy.
RockinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2014, 05:59 AM   #34
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Yup. He is history. Or rather, a footnote in some obscure history book. And I was rooting for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinIt View Post
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2014, 06:05 AM   #35
jandr272
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinIt View Post
The ESPN.com article comments are priceless
jandr272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2014, 04:54 AM   #36
RockinIt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DDII
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/12/...arterback-2015

Sounds like the team is a mess I guess their scouts don't believe in character assessment.
RockinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2014, 06:06 AM   #37
GradyPhilpott

Watch: 116710 BLNR
From what I saw of him, he looked to be woefully in need of some serious coaching.

He looked like a college football quarterback on a field with 21 NFL players playing NFL football.

Naturally, he got his butt kicked.

He also looked like the butt of a really bad practical joke.

Something like, "Let's let the kid keep thinking he's hot, then near the end of the season when there's no hope anyway, we'll put him in with his college chops and watch him disintegrate. Hahaha!"

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2014, 06:54 AM   #38
GradyPhilpott

Not looking good.
Rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel was late for medical treatment on his injured hamstring, the person said. The Browns typically fine any player who is tardy for meetings or treatment on injuries. Manziel was placed on injured reserve this week after making two starts. The former Heisman Trophy winner is with the team for the season's final game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/browns-...8157--nfl.html

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2014, 06:57 AM   #39
Jeissen
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust
As a student of Texas A&M I can't help but love him, but after the most recent suspension he just seems a little over his head
Jeissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2014, 01:10 PM   #40
Stonedcl
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116200, 116610
You can't judge a guy buy one game..
This is what brett farve did his fist game on the falcons in the nfl..
Favre's first pass in an NFL regular season game resulted in an interception returned for a touchdown. He only attempted four passes in his career at Atlanta, was intercepted twice, and completed none of them. Favre took one other snap, which resulted in a sack for an eleven-yard loss.

So farves first game he played he threw 4 passes and completed 2 of them to the other team and none to his recievers.. And look at his now, one of the best to ever play the game.
Stonedcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2014, 02:00 PM   #41
seand442
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonedcl View Post
You can't judge a guy buy one game..
This is what brett farve did his fist game on the falcons in the nfl..
Favre's first pass in an NFL regular season game resulted in an interception returned for a touchdown. He only attempted four passes in his career at Atlanta, was intercepted twice, and completed none of them. Favre took one other snap, which resulted in a sack for an eleven-yard loss.

So farves first game he played he threw 4 passes and completed 2 of them to the other team and none to his recievers.. And look at his now, one of the best to ever play the game.
It's not all about how Manziel played. In fact, probably less so than his off-field antics. It's tough enough being a QB in the NFL, let alone a rookie QB. While it if perfectly reasonable for a professional athlete to go party in Vegas, or in his house and do the things adults do, it's not reasonable for a rookie QB, who is not the most physically gifted, trying to begin his career. Favre was bigger than Manziel and had his off-field issues after he had proven himself. Manziel's on-field performance wasn't anything to write home about, but when you couple it with his off-field behavior, it gives the impression that he is still living the college lifestyle while getting paid professional dollars. He'll have next year, but without some serious personal changes, he won't be around after.
Old 29 December 2014, 11:45 PM   #42
Tripp11
"TRF" Member

Watch: TOG,PAM312,BR03-92
Quote:
Originally Posted by seand442 View Post
It's not all about how Manziel played. In fact, probably less so than his off-field antics. It's tough enough being a QB in the NFL, let alone a rookie QB. While it if perfectly reasonable for a professional athlete to go party in Vegas, or in his house and do the things adults do, it's not reasonable for a rookie QB, who is not the most physically gifted, trying to begin his career. Favre was bigger than Manziel and had his off-field issues after he had proven himself. Manziel's on-field performance wasn't anything to write home about, but when you couple it with his off-field behavior, it gives the impression that he is still living the college lifestyle while getting paid professional dollars. He'll have next year, but without some serious personal changes, he won't be around after.
Manziel is truly an idiot. I didn't think he could do anything more dumb than he already has, but he proved me wrong. After clearly being in the media eye and having the focus on him and the crosshairs of the coaching staff, why would you throw a party Friday night and then have yourself and teammates be late to mandatory meetings on Saturday?

If he truly wants to be "the guy" and starting QB for the Browns, he needs to start acting like a leader, and not some frat social president.
Tripp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2014, 11:52 PM   #43
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp11 View Post
Manziel is truly an idiot. I didn't think he could do anything more dumb than he already has, but he proved me wrong. After clearly being in the media eye and having the focus on him and the crosshairs of the coaching staff, why would you throw a party Friday night and then have yourself and teammates be late to mandatory meetings on Saturday?

If he truly wants to be "the guy" and starting QB for the Browns, he needs to start acting like a leader, and not some frat social president.
agree 100 percent. He really is going to have to step up next year and actually be a leader of the organization and take the spot light a bit more seriously, otherwise it is going to be like so many talented but cocky players before him.... forgotten
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2014, 12:29 AM   #44
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
What a waste of a much needed first round draft pick for a team that just never seems to get it done. Oh and congrats to my Pittsburgh Steelers for winning the AFC Central and getting back to the playoffs. I am quite happy with the Browns drafting habits and hope they keep it going in same direction.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2014, 12:51 AM   #45
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
What a waste of a much needed first round draft pick for a team that just never seems to get it done. Oh and congrats to my Pittsburgh Steelers for winning the AFC Central and getting back to the playoffs. I am quite happy with the Browns drafting habits and hope they keep it going in same direction.

Living in CLE I would like to see the team do well, but as a native Ohioan I can honestly say many of the fans are obnoxious idiots. I would be embarrassed to take a kid down to the game and when I am offered free tickets pass on them due to the crazy and inappropriate environment down there. My best friends are Browns fans and I told them on draft night they were absolute fools for not taking Sammy Watkins. They knew Josh Gordon was unreliable and their receivers were Travis Benjamin 5'10", Taylor Gabriel 5'8", and Andrew Hawkins 5'7". It is laughable that CLE was arrogant enough to pass up on Watkins with these three tiny guys they had on the roster and in exchange now have the 19th pick in the 2015 draft from Buffalo. Enough rambling... GO LIONS!
goog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2014, 12:55 AM   #46
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post

Living in CLE I would like to see the team do well, but as a native Ohioan I can honestly say many of the fans are obnoxious idiots. I would be embarrassed to take a kid down to the game and when I am offered free tickets pass on them due to the crazy and inappropriate environment down there. My best friends are Browns fans and I told them on draft night they were absolute fools for not taking Sammy Watkins. They knew Josh Gordon was unreliable and their receivers were Travis Benjamin 5'10", Taylor Gabriel 5'8", and Andrew Hawkins 5'7". It is laughable that CLE was arrogant enough to pass up on Watkins with these three tiny guys they had on the roster and in exchange now have the 19th pick in the 2015 draft from Buffalo. Enough rambling... GO LIONS!
We are your worst nightmare so close in proximity yet so far away in talent when it comes to football teams.

The best thing Cleveland has going for it is Lola's and that maple bacon ice cream brioche French toast 6:00 am special!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2014, 01:11 AM   #47
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1530
Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
maple bacon ice cream brioche French toast 6:00 am special!
That's a lot of consecutive tasty words. I am permanently filing this information in my brain in case I'm ever in Cleveland.
powerfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2014, 02:49 AM   #48
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
So much for being 1st in the building and last out everyday. You hear stories about Manning, Brady, Brees, Luck, getting in the buidling and 6am and working until the late in the day...

This kids a tool...
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2014, 03:31 AM   #49
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
So much for being 1st in the building and last out everyday. You hear stories about Manning, Brady, Brees, Luck, getting in the buidling and 6am and working until the late in the day...

This kids a tool...

Not the sharpest tool either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2014, 05:05 AM   #50
GradyPhilpott

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
Not the sharpest tool either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk