The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 27 September 2019, 05:24 AM   #31
tenerific
"TRF" Member

Latest response:

"I offered you a polish of the link
I offered you a 100€ value strap
I offered a other bracelet for this one."

[Ed. - WOW, he offered a $100 strap after he said he has a 100% return policy no questions asked and told me I just had to let him know in 7 days, and I let him know in 7 days. How generous of him!]

"I offered everything to solve the issue."

[Ed. - Everything except accept a return as agreed]

"I’ve never been on the forum and sold thousands of watches in the past 4 years."

[Ed. - Translation, I don't care if you post this correspondence on the forums]

"Please accept my offer, otherwise I won’t continue to talk. I try to solve, you have threatened me, continue if you want to. I have more important things to do than be on a forum. "

There you go, folks.

For the record, I agree 100% with everyone saying I was slow to inspect, didn't vet the seller enough, all those lessons I'm learning. But the disconnect here between this seller's words and actions is literally astounding. I'm APPALLED. On principle as much as anything.
tenerific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2019, 05:35 AM   #32
boomtime
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710,116500, DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenerific View Post
Latest response:

"I offered you a polish of the link
I offered you a 100€ value strap
I offered a other bracelet for this one."

[Ed. - WOW, he offered a $100 strap after he said he has a 100% return policy no questions asked and told me I just had to let him know in 7 days, and I let him know in 7 days. How generous of him!]

"I offered everything to solve the issue."

[Ed. - Everything except accept a return as agreed]

"I’ve never been on the forum and sold thousands of watches in the past 4 years."

[Ed. - Translation, I don't care if you post this correspondence on the forums]

"Please accept my offer, otherwise I won’t continue to talk. I try to solve, you have threatened me, continue if you want to. I have more important things to do than be on a forum. "

There you go, folks.

For the record, I agree 100% with everyone saying I was slow to inspect, didn't vet the seller enough, all those lessons I'm learning. But the disconnect here between this seller's words and actions is literally astounding. I'm APPALLED. On principle as much as anything.

Who is this dealer? Don't want to end up potentially dealing with a dealer who is evasive and trying to strong arm a customer.
boomtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2019, 07:36 AM   #33
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
OP is right, very poor customer service by the seller not having a picture from the scratches in the ad and than refusing to accept a return.

It could have been worse, at least you got the watch
Old 28 September 2019, 03:01 PM   #34
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah so the return policy was pretty clear and I asked about it pointedly. But no one can control people going back on their word unfortunately. My rule #1 is “don’t be a dick” but that is becoming a rarer things these days.

I suspect the watch was hard for them to move and for all we know they already spent the funds, ha.

I will reply back with seller’s details and more correspondence. At the very least I hope this is entertaining for you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes do post details.

If it’s been established and agreed that you made contact within 7 days (seemed a touch ambiguous above?!) then what was communicated to you by email should take precedence of any other information on their website.

In Europe, there is something called the distance selling regulations for items purchased without the chance for prior physical inspection. This is likely why they offer 14 days domestically.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2019, 01:51 AM   #35
tenerific
"TRF" Member

Finally closing the loop on this.

I spent a lot of time thinking about what to do here. Besides being stupid busy, I hesitate to call out a dealer by name, but after pondering I think the community deserves to know, especially after the attached Instagram post.

What I don't understand, about the attached post, is the playing of sympathy on the matter. What is it with some dealers being like this? I mean, the post doesn't even make any sense - in one breath he says he's being maligned and in the next he admits his mistake? Seriously WTF.

Avoid harborwatches guys. And if you sell watches please be a standup guy.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_9453 (2).PNG (188.5 KB, 88 views)
Old 16 November 2019, 02:06 AM   #36
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Bottom line is:

Do you like the watch and want to keep it? Everything else is just noise.

If you want to keep it and it sounds like you had a hard time finding it then just keep it and move on.

Buying internationally is a pain usually so that has to be factored in.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2019, 02:17 AM   #37
tenerific
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Bottom line is:

Do you like the watch and want to keep it? Everything else is just noise.

If you want to keep it and it sounds like you had a hard time finding it then just keep it and move on.

Buying internationally is a pain usually so that has to be factored in.
Your points are spot on.

BUT I lucked out here and this is more of a PSA at this point - things can be much worse if you have a seller who says one thing and done another.

If it were me, and in a state of mental haze or whatever I told a buyer that inspection was X days and returns were accepted under any circumstances, I would stay true to X days, even if my website said Y and I had made a mistake. This is what's called integrity, not to mention common sense and good business. I'm also certainly not the victim if I don't do this and the buyer calls me out.
Old 16 November 2019, 05:22 AM   #38
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Your points are spot on.

BUT I lucked out here and this is more of a PSA at this point - things can be much worse if you have a seller who says one thing and done another.

If it were me, and in a state of mental haze or whatever I told a buyer that inspection was X days and returns were accepted under any circumstances, I would stay true to X days, even if my website said Y and I had made a mistake. This is what's called integrity, not to mention common sense and good business. I'm also certainly not the victim if I don't do this and the buyer calls me out.
Yeah. I get it.

Probably should be explained better from the seller. BUT from the sellers point of view shipping international probably can take easily a couple of weeks to reach someone, with delivery and customs delays added in. And if something is returned, more time that he isn't able to resell it.

That's the huge problem buying internationally is that the whole hassle of returning something makes a person accept things they may not usually wish to.

Hope it all works out for you.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2019, 02:31 AM   #39
tenerific
"TRF" Member

In other news, I’m now getting unsolicited emails with screenshots of (positive) reviews I’ve left for other dealers with simply the caption “lol”.

???

Presumably he doesn’t like me talking about my experience but the behavior is a little weird.

I certainly would never behave this way with my customers so I’m a little flabbergasted.

Anyway, I have upgraded my recommendation from “avoid because of weirdness around customer relations” to “avoid because not good person”.

I admittedly might be unreasonable / have unrealistically high standards. I’ve certainly never dealt with such things from anyone I’ve purchased anything from (thankfully).

And while I know I could’ve handled this whole situation a bit better I do hope sellers and dealers, and even buyers, are better behaved in this hobby, on average, than that. Kind of a big turn off, if I’m being honest.

Old 29 January 2024, 02:17 AM   #40
tenerific
"TRF" Member

Wanted to follow up here that I never got a resolution from this, and, I suspect as a result of me telling everyone everywhere what a $(#@bag this dealer is, he recently changed his company from Harbor Watches to Archi Watch (dealers actual name is Richard Menase).

Posting this so that if anyone searches for these names they'll find this. :)
Old 29 January 2024, 03:58 AM   #41
pk552502
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16570 black
What kind of watch was it? Show us some pics!
pk552502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 05:31 AM   #42
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Inspection periods?

This reminds me of the lights in our pool. They burned out in August. We never did anything about it because we were so busy with our daughter’s wedding, my retirement, other things, etc.

In January of this year, after the new year, we finally decided to deal with them. It turns out our warranty expired in December, which I knew might have been the case, but I still didn’t get off my ass. But in all fairness to me, my wife had a surgical procedure, and then the holidays are always a hectic time of year…

Bottom line: now I have to pay $3,400 to replace them. These piece of junk pool lights are probably worthy of a dedicated thread.

Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 01:16 AM   #43
Maleg
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
This reminds me of the lights in our pool. They burned out in August. We never did anything about it because we were so busy with our daughter’s wedding, my retirement, other things, etc.

In January of this year, after the new year, we finally decided to deal with them. It turns out our warranty expired in December, which I knew might have been the case, but I still didn’t get off my ass. But in all fairness to me, my wife had a surgical procedure, and then the holidays are always a hectic time of year…

Bottom line: now I have to pay $3,400 to replace them. These piece of junk pool lights are probably worthy of a dedicated thread.

Floating solar pool lights. Save thousands.
Maleg is offline   Reply With Quote