The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 11 November 2019, 01:41 AM   #91
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
Is this place exciting? Well no! For the most part its a bunch of watch dorks (myself included) pondering watches to flip, collection additions, etc etc. if you dont like it (looks like u been here a whole year), then just save the “its a waste of time comments “ for someone who cares (no one here btw) and dont let the door hit ya on the way out.....adios
Investr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2019, 01:49 AM   #92
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF61 View Post
I am seeing most posts are totally worthless these days. It is easy to browse through titles, ranging from what something is worth, reasons to buy or not buy, even recent orders for hard to get pieces that leave clients less than convinced they made a nice purchase.

Sorry for the rant. The forum is totally useless to me at this time. I might pull away altogether. If you still enjoy it, kudos to you I am pulling away from all the nonsense.
If I may paraphrase;
"Please, please, beg me to stay".
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2019, 11:27 AM   #93
mjr24
Banned

I somewhat get what he means.....Rolex only has so many models. So every thread about incoming is going to be....one of those same models, over and over (not including the 20 posts a day about the shortage or which model one prefers.....which both have been beat to death 500 times).

I spend more time now in the open discussion forum for sure. That's where it's at. By far the most interesting/active off-topic forum of any forum site I frequent (relating to sports, cars, etc.).
mjr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2019, 11:52 AM   #94
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
I somewhat get what he means.....Rolex only has so many models. So every thread about incoming is going to be....one of those same models, over and over (not including the 20 posts a day about the shortage or which model one prefers.....which both have been beat to death 500 times).

I spend more time now in the open discussion forum for sure. That's where it's at. By far the most interesting/active off-topic forum of any forum site I frequent (relating to sports, cars, etc.).

Yep, totally agree. It’s really exciting when people get new watches, and i am genuinely happy for every single person that posts and incoming. It’s the “ how much is this going to be worth” threads that drive me away. Or scratches on a Rolex threads. Those bore me to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2019, 06:02 AM   #95
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
hasta la vista baby
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2019, 06:08 AM   #96
2024 Pledge Member

Anyone notice the OP hasn't posted since starting this thread? Did he lose interest or did a mod/admin temporarily ban him?
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2019, 06:20 AM   #97
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
Anyone notice the OP hasn't posted since starting this thread? Did he lose interest or did a mod/admin temporarily ban him?
Wouldn't think the opinions OP expressed should be a bannable offense.

OP stated he was backing away - and he did. Personally I respect his resolve, even if I might not agree with his method.

Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2019, 06:22 AM   #98
Brew
"TRF" Member

Back to middle America, I guess. I'm sure there's lots going on.
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2019, 02:00 AM   #99
ALF61
"TRF" Member

I love Rolex watches guys don´t get me wrong, I am merely echoing other members frustration because not much useful stuff gets discussed. Seriously, this is just a plea to everyone posting stuff like you are bored with something you just bought. I feel that the drivers for our hobby are wrong, but if that´s to each his own I recognize that too. Did not mean to offend anyone, simply put, I find myself just browsing much quicker through pages of theads these days and that is just the way it is. Carry on however, I will still browse.
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2019, 02:01 AM   #100
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
No in fact I have not posted. Please read my post above it is a genuine feeling. No disrespect, I am sure we all love Rolex.
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2019, 02:02 AM   #101
aczaja10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investr View Post
Is this place exciting? Well no! For the most part its a bunch of watch dorks (myself included) pondering watches to flip, collection additions, etc etc. if you dont like it (looks like u been here a whole year), then just save the “its a waste of time comments “ for someone who cares (no one here btw) and dont let the door hit ya on the way out.....adios
I’m with Rick. If you don’t care for the conversation, no one is forcing you to spend your time here. The rest of us are getting along just fine.
aczaja10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2019, 03:16 AM   #102
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I love Rolex watches guys don´t get me wrong, I am merely echoing other members frustration because not much useful stuff gets discussed. Seriously, this is just a plea to everyone posting stuff like you are bored with something you just bought. I feel that the drivers for our hobby are wrong, but if that´s to each his own I recognize that too. Did not mean to offend anyone, simply put, I find myself just browsing much quicker through pages of theads these days and that is just the way it is. Carry on however, I will still browse.
Can't argue that. Many new buyers are driven for the wrong reasons due to scarcity and ease of flipping for profit. But, there are still good posts on occasion.

I've posted a videos of a Submariner being disassembled in an attempt to counter the noise. That was my solution. It's easy to complain but if everyone who complained instead posted watch-related content then maybe things would improve.

Speaking of which, I should bump that thread.

If you get bored, check this out: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=609189
Old 16 November 2019, 03:43 AM   #103
dtwer
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew View Post
Back to middle America, I guess. I'm sure there's lots going on.
Well wait a minute, what is that supposed to mean?

We have snow, lot of it.
dtwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2019, 03:53 AM   #104
Jabbo84
Banned

Watch: Rolex/Piaget
I’m fairly new myself. Seems like a tough crowd
Jabbo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2019, 03:58 AM   #105
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbo84 View Post
I’m fairly new myself. Seems like a tough crowd
Them's fightin' words. Meet us at high noon in the town square. Bring your six-shooter.

Old 16 November 2019, 05:44 AM   #106
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Whatever happened to Mr. I bought five sport models with my Centurian card and gave him two minutes to decide Yakkity yak... That was fairly entertaining.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2019, 06:04 AM   #107
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
A good post. But I would avoid the temptation to "echo other members (sic) frustration" and just speak for yourself. You never really know what other members think or feel.

Quote:
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2019, 07:42 AM   #108
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Some days there is nothing that interests me, other days there is so much that interests me that it spills over into the quiet days. I enjoy the forum and the people here, that is the reason I have come here and supported the site for over 9 years.

Sometimes the programmes on TV are boring, I don't blame my TV, I just switch it on the next day.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2019, 08:02 AM   #109
RLX_NY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Whatever happened to Mr. I bought five sport models with my Centurian card and gave him two minutes to decide Yakkity yak... That was fairly entertaining.
Damn I missed this thread, seems like an entertaining ready. Got a link
Old 16 November 2019, 08:53 AM   #110
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLX_NY View Post
Damn I missed this thread, seems like an entertaining ready. Got a link
I’ll look, it was highly entertaining. Anybody else know which one I am talking about?
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2019, 09:31 AM   #111
Boothroyd
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
I remember Paul, but not sure I could find it again.
Old 16 November 2019, 09:51 AM   #112
akordz
Banned

I do agree as well
akordz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2019, 03:38 PM   #113
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Ha!
Just looked at your last activity date... You were on today!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2019, 11:43 PM   #114
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
Quote:
This is an open forum. Instead of complaining of boredom you could take it upon yourself to liven things up by starting a thread on Catapult Engineering Through the Ages or uploading video of a Riverdance vs. Twerk dance-off featuring you playing both sides.
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2019, 07:19 AM   #115
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
This is an open forum. Instead of complaining of boredom you could take it upon yourself to liven things up by starting a thread on Catapult Engineering Through the Ages or uploading video of a Riverdance vs. Twerk dance-off featuring you playing both sides.
Or....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d190690175aedeab39bbd5f7c74c1162.jpg (78.2 KB, 139 views)
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2019, 07:41 AM   #116
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
It's not that I don't have some sympathy with OP's feelings but taking your marbles and going home accomplishes nothing. Except you get to play with yourself.
Old 18 November 2019, 08:29 AM   #117
Jabbo84
Banned

Watch: Rolex/Piaget
Playing alone may not be that bad after all. I began playing the musical chain gang on this forum and evidently stepped on some toes. Y’all need to cut some of us new guys some slack
Jabbo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2019, 08:43 AM   #118
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Or....
You totally win
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2019, 11:58 AM   #119
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Or....
See - somebody "making a difference".

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2019, 12:52 PM   #120
sickened1

Watch: ugiveiswatchuget
Suddenly it's not so boring anymore.
sickened1 is offline   Reply With Quote