The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 January 2022, 05:19 PM   #361
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NardinNut View Post
Smiles per gallon! I own two of the least fuel efficient vehicles on the market. And I’ll be riding a bicycle everywhere if gas prices keep going up

As good as it gets! I’ve got a pick-up and love it, but pick-ups over here in the UK are rubbish compared to the beasts that you guys get to play with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 09:18 PM   #362
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by favre12rodgers View Post
Got rid of my M5 and picked this up a couple weeks ago....the color is amazing, the car can look 3-4 different colors (flat gray, gold) depending on shade, sun, etc.
That is a really nice SUV. Congrats
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 09:19 PM   #363
1st amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feb_29 View Post
2019 Shelby GT350. I believe this is the first Shelby post in this thread
That is hot, love this machine, it makes incredible sounds and you picked a classic color scheme. Lucky guy
Old 19 January 2022, 10:05 PM   #364
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
Got rid of my M5 and picked this up a couple weeks ago....the color is amazing, the car can look 3-4 different colors (flat gray, gold) depending on shade, sun, etc.

Great car great color!
I picked one up recently in that color (well…Ford’s version ….called Leadfoot). Took these two pics at the same spot, at the same time. One on one side where the sunshine wasn’t hitting it at all…. and the other side where the sun was fully shining on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rmlovett1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 02:20 PM   #365
favre12rodgers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richris1 View Post
Great car great color!
I picked one up recently in that color (well…Ford’s version ….called Leadfoot). Took these two pics at the same spot, at the same time. One on one side where the sunshine wasn’t hitting it at all…. and the other side where the sun was fully shining on it.

Love it!
favre12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2022, 04:54 AM   #366
rmlovett1

One for the wife. Been waiting for this, ordered one in November, but still in hold status in Toledo. One showed up on a lot fairly close to us and our gracious local dealer did a dealer trade and was able to get it here. We originally didn’t order a rubicon (she didn’t need the attributes/off road ability the rubicon has) but jumped on it anyway, resale always best on this one anyway. It’s a special color offered for a short time by Jeep….Tuscadero. We weren’t sure when the other one would come in due to the craziness in the automotive world (like everything else). So we took the plunge…she absolutely loves it!

Old 23 January 2022, 05:40 AM   #367
4 Aussies

Watch: Blue Sky
Quote:
Awesome X5M Comp!! Super happy with my X5M.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0575.jpg (206.9 KB, 569 views)
4 Aussies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2022, 11:56 PM   #368
NardinNut

Car Love Thread

Deleted. Forgot I already posted this
NardinNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 12:19 AM   #369
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

My SCCA FC / Formula 2000 rig. Not sure i could ever muster up all that enthusiasm (and PURE ENERGY) to keep up that pace today. Live life....

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMGP5900.jpg

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
--Hunter S. Thompson

IMG_9647.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 12:46 AM   #370
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Very nice.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 02:08 AM   #371
rmlovett1

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
My SCCA FC / Formula 2000 rig. Not sure i could ever muster up all that enthusiasm (and PURE ENERGY) to keep up that pace today. Live life....

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
--Hunter S. Thompson

Attachment 1271754
Nice!
Old 6 February 2022, 04:29 AM   #372
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Attachment 1271749

Attachment 1271750

Attachment 1271751

Attachment 1271752

Attachment 1271753

--Hunter S. Thompson

Attachment 1271754
A race car (and competing) is on my bucket list. Unfortunately I barely find time to use my sim racer lol, so even if I had the funds I couldn’t imagine the commitment.

Awesome toy!
rlj676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 05:13 AM   #373
1st amg

Cool stuff Steven....question, did you use to work on the F2000 yourself?
Old 6 February 2022, 08:24 AM   #374
Feb_29
"TRF" Member

Great stuff!
Feb_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 09:33 AM   #375
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj676 View Post
A race car (and competing) is on my bucket list. Unfortunately I barely find time to use my sim racer lol, so even if I had the funds I couldn’t imagine the commitment.

Awesome toy!
Many thanks, yet if I may humbly say this is, err, um... no... Ok, it kinda is, yet on-track during racing she can bring immense joy... or break your heart when a gear in the Hewland LD200 decides to break (as you're winning the race). She'll give you Grip Of The Gods when mechanical and aero grip are optimized... right up until that biiig pucker moment at WGI as you took A LOT of speed out of the chicane and now using max grip going right... Armco getting close, fast!

It really is about time. The prep work is easy +8x the actual race time. Seat time too, open track days, and yes even in the rain. But man, if you have the time and support, you should. Nothing like it as 3.5G tries pulling your head off, brakes so effective it seems impossible (at first), eventually comes playing at the very last edge of braking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Cool stuff Steven....question, did you use to work on the F2000 yourself?
Yes! A lot! Glenn Phillips of then GTP Motorsports did the big stuff like sending shocks to be rebuilt by my buddy at Hendrick Motorsports (he was an audiophile who happen to also be the NASCAR/etc shock rebuild guy). Damn, haven't thought about him in a while, great guy, hellovha shock rebuilder!!!

Anywho, I did all the tire changing, race prep, etc. Glenn was more a guiding hand who did the annual major rebuilds and fix something major (like when the Pinto's center camshaft holder cracked and so we just had the whole top-end r/r). I WAS NOT an arrive and drive guy at all ever. Looooved staying in the trailer to sleep at the track and hanging out by campfires and... Oh, this one time, at LRP, Paul Newman hung out with us.

Anywho, lots of great memories, even the one's that nearly broke my heart.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 6 February 2022, 10:35 AM   #376
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
I don’t think I weighed in on this forum. My car is fairly routine, not exotic, but I think it’s great. It’s an Audi A4!

scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 10:45 AM   #377
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
I don’t think I weighed in on this forum. My car is fairly routine, not exotic, but I think it’s great. It’s an Audi A4!

Love it. Looks amazing.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 10:46 AM   #378
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

@steven. Wow. Really cool stuff.

I’ve tracked enough times to like what you did is way out of my league. Both in terms of finances and ability.

Would love to try someday though.

Old 6 February 2022, 11:12 AM   #379
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Car Love Thread

Quote:
Many thanks, yet if I may humbly say this is, err, um... no... Ok, it kinda is, yet on-track during racing she can bring immense joy... or break your heart when a gear in the Hewland LD200 decides to break (as you're winning the race). She'll give you Grip Of The Gods when mechanical and aero grip are optimized... right up until that biiig pucker moment at WGI as you took A LOT of speed out of the chicane and now using max grip going right... Armco getting close, fast!

It really is about time. The prep work is easy +8x the actual race time. Seat time too, open track days, and yes even in the rain. But man, if you have the time and support, you should. Nothing like it as 3.5G tries pulling your head off, brakes so effective it seems impossible (at first), eventually comes playing at the very last edge of braking...

Yes! A lot! Glenn Phillips of then GTP Motorsports did the big stuff like sending shocks to be rebuilt by my buddy at Hendrick Motorsports (he was an audiophile who happen to also be the NASCAR/etc shock rebuild guy). Damn, haven't thought about him in a while, great guy, hellovha shock rebuilder!!!

Anywho, I did all the tire changing, race prep, etc. Glenn was more a guiding hand who did the annual major rebuilds and fix something major (like when the Pinto's center camshaft holder cracked and so we just had the whole top-end r/r). I WAS NOT an arrive and drive guy at all ever. Looooved staying in the trailer to sleep at the track and hanging out by campfires and... Oh, this one time, at LRP, Paul Newman hung out with us.

Anywho, lots of great memories, even the one's that nearly broke my heart.

So jealous of that experience overall. Would it be accurate to assume any type or racing has gotten exponentially more expensive of late? I’ll just stick w my sim lol.

At this point I’d be happy to crew for someone else’s dreams.
Old 6 February 2022, 02:20 PM   #380
wrx04
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=enjoythemusic;11974751]Many thanks, yet if I may humbly say this is, err, um... no... Ok, it kinda is, yet on-track during racing she can bring immense joy... or break your heart when a gear in the Hewland LD200 decides to break (as you're winning the race). She'll give you Grip Of The Gods when mechanical and aero grip are optimized... right up until that biiig pucker moment at WGI as you took A LOT of speed out of the chicane and now using max grip going right... Armco getting close, fast!

Thats awesome! Great experience that most can only dream of.....very cool.

Can you imagine how insane an F1 car would be?!
wrx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 11:55 PM   #381
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
So jealous of that experience overall. Would it be accurate to assume any type or racing has gotten exponentially more expensive of late? I’ll just stick w my sim lol. At this point I’d be happy to crew for someone else’s dreams.
After I left, did help Glenn Phillips setup for a few events at LRP, as a show of thanks and gratitude. Did occasionally help others as well, just as some came out of the 'woodworks' when I walled her during an event as they helped me RR the rear wing uprights, front left suspension bits, front wing, etc. Had one of the deepest spare parts outside of parts suppliers at the track.

Was it ever 'cheap' to truly race at the 'pointed end' of the grid in a Formula car? The tire budget alone might make some... as you got a nice four heat cycles from the Hoosier 35s, eight if you dared to stretched a set (or was saving the next set for...).

Quote:
Thats awesome! Great experience that most can only dream of.....very cool. Can you imagine how insane an F1 car would be?!
My buddy went to France as years ago as there was a retired or ??? F1-type car you could do a few laps in. The first thing you need to remember is faster IS better. You gotta heat up all the bits to their operating temp, and that means driving fast as f--- for you tintop folks.

Same with the twisties, as more speed = more aero grip and this is part of where the magic of setup with optimum mechanical/aero reigns King.

As expected, there is a learning curve (and you'll need large set of dangling bits) if you are accustomed to tintop 1.4G max and then move into a full-aero car capable of 3.5Gs. Remember, mathematically speaking the grip curve is exponentially higher the more Gs you 'pull'. The 'limit / envelope' is far faster... and 'daring'.

Even the 'slowest' driver in F1 has IMMENSE talent, mental acuity, and.... with a great TEAM helping.

Old 9 February 2022, 08:36 AM   #382
FiftyTwoEighty
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me live @the Beach
Quote:

Attachment 1271749

Attachment 1271750

Attachment 1271751

Attachment 1271752

Attachment 1271753

--Hunter S. Thompson

Attachment 1271754
Love it! I have never run open wheel w2w. I'm always humbled when on track. Too much fun learning from others and improving your racecraft (mine is horrible).

Nonetheless, I'm lucky to have a good addiction network in California.

We will run a couple cars...mostly four to six hour endurance races with NASA ProRacing, building up to run 25 Hours of Thunderhill with our other team. Night stints, combined with mult-class racing, are something else!

Bump drafting at 125mph for a little more speed -- going into NASCAR 1 at CalSpeedway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8137.JPG (249.3 KB, 348 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8147.JPG (292.3 KB, 345 views)

Some 4 digits, 5 digits, and 6 digits

2FA
FiftyTwoEighty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2022, 04:15 AM   #383
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Figured instead of starting a thread, just bump this fine piece of Internet forum car love dialogue.

Loving all the cars posted. Wish I didn’t love cars so much. Or I had more money, and more garage space. Not complaining. Just sayin.

I knew that McLaren was short lived. I really did and do love and admire it. But it’s a dangerous car in my opinion. I just didn’t feel great really moving it. And the tech is in the dark ages in comparison to what is offered today.

Hottest car on the market. But I don’t stand by my cars. I drive them. And I’m a decent driver. Even so, I readily admit it was too much car for me.

Similar to my watch game. I’m forever in the search for the perfect one. The go anywhere, do anything, looks good, feels good kind of vehicle. I found that with the 911 Turbo S Cab. I’ll keep that car forever.

I’ve just found another car that’s super different. But similar in that it’s not great at any one thing. But it’s a car that does nearly everything. Combined with the 911, I truly get all I can ever need.

It won’t be in the “keep for life” category though. It’s not my build. I love the spec, but it’s a 2020 with minimal warranty left, again, not my build. So I’m hopeful I’ll keep this until I can get my own spec. Problem with that is it’s a 2 year wait, and a big dealer markup. I’m not into it.

So this’ll be my daily for a bit. Fast. Very very fast. Loud, but if I’m in soft/daily mode, it’s just like any other car. Well, sort of. But hit sport mode and it’s a snarling animal that just wants to go. It’s also got a ton of space, winter driving capability, and it’s haf. But all thing considered it’s relatively under the radar. Mostly. Im comparison to most exotics, very few folks have any idea what this is. Which is why I appreciate the color so much. Because the bright colors really change the game with this thing.

Anyway. Sorry for the long post. I just think a lot. And I love cars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9BA34ABC-A662-4752-BF37-D69B71234DA8.jpeg (259.5 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpeg 5B0FAA15-7598-4094-8C43-8E8CA0A53E21.jpeg (223.7 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpeg 5F1B9DC6-DAA8-4D1C-BCB9-33283223B2CC.jpeg (244.7 KB, 289 views)

Old 29 May 2022, 04:50 AM   #384
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Nice ride! Really cool daily and supposed to be all the performance you could need for the street while still being practical.
Old 29 May 2022, 05:28 AM   #385
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Nice ride! Really cool daily and supposed to be all the performance you could need for the street while still being practical.
It’s crazy to calm this thing practical. But it truly is.

And for certain, all the performance anyone could need.

A really cool car.

Old 29 May 2022, 05:43 AM   #386
Broncoma
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
2017 Lightning Blue Shelby GT350.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 54D656A5-963C-40EC-8322-01CA5E011E24.jpeg (112.7 KB, 283 views)
Old 29 May 2022, 06:13 AM   #387
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
My new S580
7600C4AD-7770-4802-B4E9-0852DD31D7AD.jpeg

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2022, 06:23 AM   #388
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Figured instead of starting a thread, just bump this fine piece of Internet forum car love dialogue.

Loving all the cars posted. Wish I didn’t love cars so much. Or I had more money, and more garage space. Not complaining. Just sayin.

I knew that McLaren was short lived. I really did and do love and admire it. But it’s a dangerous car in my opinion. I just didn’t feel great really moving it. And the tech is in the dark ages in comparison to what is offered today.

Hottest car on the market. But I don’t stand by my cars. I drive them. And I’m a decent driver. Even so, I readily admit it was too much car for me.

Similar to my watch game. I’m forever in the search for the perfect one. The go anywhere, do anything, looks good, feels good kind of vehicle. I found that with the 911 Turbo S Cab. I’ll keep that car forever.

I’ve just found another car that’s super different. But similar in that it’s not great at any one thing. But it’s a car that does nearly everything. Combined with the 911, I truly get all I can ever need.

It won’t be in the “keep for life” category though. It’s not my build. I love the spec, but it’s a 2020 with minimal warranty left, again, not my build. So I’m hopeful I’ll keep this until I can get my own spec. Problem with that is it’s a 2 year wait, and a big dealer markup. I’m not into it.

So this’ll be my daily for a bit. Fast. Very very fast. Loud, but if I’m in soft/daily mode, it’s just like any other car. Well, sort of. But hit sport mode and it’s a snarling animal that just wants to go. It’s also got a ton of space, winter driving capability, and it’s haf. But all thing considered it’s relatively under the radar. Mostly. Im comparison to most exotics, very few folks have any idea what this is. Which is why I appreciate the color so much. Because the bright colors really change the game with this thing.

So nice Seth!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2022, 06:25 AM   #389
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post

always enjoy your posts, you're living the dream of the car world lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
My new S580
Attachment 1295258
did a total 180 on these once i saw them in person. best looking modern s class imo
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2022, 06:44 AM   #390
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoma View Post
2017 Lightning Blue Shelby GT350.
Favorite spec. Love it.