The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 January 2022, 01:40 PM   #1
Tqmb79
"TRF" Member

Tudor Pepsi or Omega 300 white dial on rubber?

Hi all,

Trying to decide between the Tudor Pepsi on bracelet or an Omega 300M white dial on rubber. Very different watches , but both around the same price. What would you go with?!

Finally saw the Tudor Pepsi in person (although on brown leather). It’s looks better in person and really like the matte dial.

I have not visited my AD In over 2.5 years. Not sure if my advisor even recognized me. Went to Longs in Braintree, MA. Either way, those guys are top notch. We had a great convo on the watches and also on the explorer 2 white dial. Big fans of the exp 2 white dial over there. I do want to add one of these to my collection at some point also! This AD sold me my beloved rootbeer last I met with them. Love love love that watch. Just have had a lot going on personally to be able to visit until now (new baby, lost job inbetween , Covid). All is good now and I’m looking to get 2 watches this year. One of the 2 mentioned here and another Rolex hopefully (maybe the explorer 2 white dial as I’ve been thinking about since I left the dealer!).
Tqmb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 01:51 PM   #2
interestedwatcher
2024 Pledge Member

LHD pelagos is great.
Old 20 January 2022, 02:00 PM   #3
Hkspwrsche
"TRF" Member

Omega of those two. Tudor and Rolex fan but, it’s not sounding like you are comparing for lots of travels and time jumping. Plus you have a root beer and may add the explorer II.
Old 20 January 2022, 02:29 PM   #4
SudiYunus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier Panthere
Tudor Black Bay Fifty - Eight 925 in Silver case.
DJ 36 White Dial ,CasiOak
Sub ND
SudiYunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 03:03 PM   #5
Strat25
"TRF" Member

Or, Tudor Pepsi on rubber...IMG_7506.jpg
Strat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 03:33 PM   #6
Tqmb79
"TRF" Member

Thanks all. It’s tough to decide! Saw the Tudor and loved it. I like the Pepsi bezel. The omega is also really sharp when I tried it on a while back. Kinda like the idea and feel of the rubber on the omega. Was super comfortable from what I recall
Old 21 January 2022, 12:18 AM   #7
Strat25
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tqmb79 View Post
Thanks all. It’s tough to decide! Saw the Tudor and loved it. I like the Pepsi bezel. The omega is also really sharp when I tried it on a while back. Kinda like the idea and feel of the rubber on the omega. Was super comfortable from what I recall
Putting the rubber strap on the Tudor was a game changer for me. Super light and comfortable. I probably throw on the ss bracelet for it again at some point, but since putting on the rubber strap it rarely comes off.
Strat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 12:34 AM   #8
md3113
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I had a SMP 300 (albeit blue dial), and have a Tudor Pepsi. Both are large watches, I prefer the Tudor. After a while the SMP felt like a toy with the shape of the case, it fell out of favor with me after about 9 months. It was on rubber, as I think the SMP steel bracelet is awful.

I have also have a blue BB 58 which is on a blue Rubber B - can’t say enough good things. The Pepsi is still on the bracelet, but agree that putting it on rubber would be my recommendation over the Omega.
md3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 12:35 AM   #9
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Owned both of those watches in those exact configurations. Two very different watches as you point out. You are comparing a diver to a GMT. So, the first thing you should probably ask yourself is which function is more important to you. The Tudor can be taken diving, and the bezel can act as a timer. However, the SMP does not have the ability to act as a GMT.

Now, if you don't care about the specific function the watch was designed for, having owned both, to me the Omega is the better watch. It's more premium on terms of movement and materials. The Tudor is the more workman like of the two. The Omega just really looks and feels like the more premium watch of the two.

As for wearing them. My experience was that the Omega on rubber is the FAR more comfortable of the two to wear. It's slimmer, hugs the wrist, spreads the weight around wonderfully on its 42mm frame. It was a real pleasure to wear. And the thickness it has is better concealed than the Tudor with its big slab case sides.

Really enjoyed both watches but to me the Omega is just really out front of the Tudor. PM me if you have any questions I can help you with. Like I said I owned both for several years.

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 12:53 AM   #10
MJ EXPLORER
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Air-King
I really like both of these watches you are considering. The Tudor Pepsi is my brother's favorite watch. I've worn it and the thickness bothered me a little bit, but that's personal preference. I have the black dial of the Omega diver on rubber. I absolutely love that watch. The rubber strap gives it a very casual vibe.

Both will pair nicely with your root beer....I guess I'd give a slight lean to the Omega. That dial is mesmerizing and the rubber strap gives it a fun casual sporty vibe.
MJ EXPLORER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 01:20 AM   #11
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
I own both watches and like them both. The Tudor Pepsi is the one that I would keep if I had to move one along. I have both the bracelet and rubber strap for the Omega and both work well. I also have the bracelet, NATO and Leather for the Tudor. I find the Tudor to have a semi-retro look and the leather strap is great. No wrong decision here on choices. If your AD is not discounting then look on DavidSW website as he has both of these watches on there for less than retail. Call him up and have a conversation with him and get his take on it. Pay and have your watch tomorrow by lunch and start the ownership experience. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191013_104224 (002).jpg (235.8 KB, 525 views)
File Type: jpg 20200401_120415 (002).jpg (216.8 KB, 520 views)
File Type: jpg 20200401_135920 (002).jpg (229.8 KB, 522 views)
File Type: jpg 20200229_123624 (002).jpg (225.7 KB, 516 views)
File Type: jpg 20210226_141538 (002).jpg (160.4 KB, 515 views)
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 02:27 AM   #12
7enderbender
"TRF" Member

I prefer the heritage series for Tudor since I’m not a fan of the “snowflake” hands. Big plus though (over Rolex GMT) is the lack of a cyclops. Classy watch.
I would lean towards the Omega between these two. White dial on rubber looks great. I think Omega has an edge these days.
7enderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 02:32 AM   #13
johnjm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi all,

Trying to decide between the Tudor Pepsi on bracelet or an Omega 300M white dial on rubber. Very different watches , but both around the same price. What would you go with?!

Finally saw the Tudor Pepsi in person (although on brown leather). It’s looks better in person and really like the matte dial.

I have not visited my AD In over 2.5 years. Not sure if my advisor even recognized me. Went to Longs in Braintree, MA. Either way, those guys are top notch. We had a great convo on the watches and also on the explorer 2 white dial. Big fans of the exp 2 white dial over there. I do want to add one of these to my collection at some point also! This AD sold me my beloved rootbeer last I met with them. Love love love that watch. Just have had a lot going on personally to be able to visit until now (new baby, lost job inbetween , Covid). All is good now and I’m looking to get 2 watches this year. One of the 2 mentioned here and another Rolex hopefully (maybe the explorer 2 white dial as I’ve been thinking about since I left the dealer!).

Omega

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 January 2022, 03:22 AM   #14
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Omega

Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 03:53 AM   #15
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Op - Do you want your date to work? If so, avoid the Tudor. Tudor does not even admit there is a problem even after people have hate date wheel issue 2 and 3 times.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 03:57 AM   #16
Know1isgod
"TRF" Member

Have both on bracelet. No bad decision.
Know1isgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 04:12 AM   #17
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrpdc View Post
Op - Do you want your date to work? If so, avoid the Tudor. Tudor does not even admit there is a problem even after people have hate date wheel issue 2 and 3 times.

My understanding is that the date issue has been resolved.

OP: I own the Tudor and love it. A definite keeper. I enjoy the overall wrist presence and feel of the watch. I’ve never had that Omega, so couldn’t tell you which might be a better overall watch.

Ideally, you’d try them both on and pick the one that makes you smile the widest!

A few pics:

The last pic shows the watch from the side - I never understood the whole “side slab” criticism tbh.

Good luck with the choice and enjoy the hunt.

Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 04:28 AM   #18
Tqmb79
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrpdc View Post
Hah! I hear they have fixed this issue. But yes def a concern!
Old 21 January 2022, 04:33 AM   #19
Tqmb79
"TRF" Member

Thanks all for the feedback. Very valuable especially from folks who own both or either.

I’m going to go with the Omega. I don’t have a white dial watch so it will fit in nicely. Also have 2 gmts (root beer and the Batman) so a diver makes more sense (I have a PO also but that’s a different feel from the 300).

Now I have to see where to get one. Not sure if AD will discount, will ask. I like buying all my stuff from Longs from in general. Really great group there. Stinks the location I prefer doesn’t sell Omega anymore but other locations do. Will keep you posted once I get !

By the way, I checked DavidSW. He has only the black dial.
Old 21 January 2022, 05:48 AM   #20
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Thanks all for the feedback. Very valuable especially from folks who own both or either.

I’m going to go with the Omega. I don’t have a white dial watch so it will fit in nicely. Also have 2 gmts (root beer and the Batman) so a diver makes more sense (I have a PO also but that’s a different feel from the 300).

Now I have to see where to get one. Not sure if AD will discount, will ask. I like buying all my stuff from Longs from in general. Really great group there. Stinks the location I prefer doesn’t sell Omega anymore but other locations do. Will keep you posted once I get !

There aren't a lot of them out there right now. I see a couple on Crown & Caliber and also Jomashop sells them.

But at those prices I would suggest just going to a couple Omega ADs and seeing what kind of discount you might be able to get. Even if they just give 10% it's not far off from what the greys are charging and you get a brand new watch in the process.

It's a great watch. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 06:20 AM   #21
OrangeSport
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
The SMP is stunning!
Old 21 January 2022, 06:25 AM   #22
William.L.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 & 16013
I own the Tudor, and I've never been happier with a watch. To me it is the perfect tool watch that handles an extra time zone. I use it daily for work and love it.
Tudor GMT
Serti GMT
William.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 06:30 AM   #23
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:

Great decision.

I have the Blue Dial version. I love it. I'm wearing it right now as I type this.
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 07:15 AM   #24
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Smp in this matchup
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 07:55 AM   #25
norcalctr
"TRF" Member

Omega SMP. Great watch at a good value. I got the black dial with no regrets.
norcalctr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 08:46 AM   #26
Walster
"TRF" Member

Omega. Easy decision.
Walster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 01:07 PM   #27
Romeojk

Watch: Submariner 114060
Omega! It would have been my recommended choice. Glad you're going toward it. Let's see what you bring home. Good luck.

Romeojk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2022, 01:26 AM   #28
Marco Panti
"TRF" Member

Good choice OP

You might look into getting the new deployant clasp rubber strap.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/new-...loyant.134255/

Marco
Marco Panti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2022, 01:37 AM   #29
JPBlackBay
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay
Omega is the right choice. Good luck and enjoy!
JPBlackBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2022, 03:04 AM   #30
Dougiebaby
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona BLNR SubLV
Omega — not even close

https://youtu.be/nWfddteRR7I

Dougiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote