The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 January 2022, 08:45 AM   #1
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Lemme see some palm leaf dial DJ 36

Went by the AD today to enquire about getting a watch for my better half. We went thru the Rolex site and the palm datejust was her pick. So put in the order for it and hopefully be here in the next 9 months. Totally worth the wait. I’ve noticed there really isn’t many pics around of this reference. Even my SA mentioned they haven’t even seen one in person yet. So if anyone has one I’d love to see some good shots of them. To be honest I already told the gal I’m totally gonna wear it from time to time because I really dig the dial too lol.
JMGoodnight369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 08:49 AM   #2
username_3431
"TRF" Member

I almost bought one but back-tracked. It's a gadget for people who can afford to put that kind of money in something they will wear during the summer.
username_3431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 09:19 AM   #3
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by username_3431 View Post
I almost bought one but back-tracked. It's a gadget for people who can afford to put that kind of money in something they will wear during the summer.
Or someone that enjoys things a little out of the ordinary. Different boats for different folks tho
Old 20 January 2022, 09:52 AM   #4
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
Picked up for my niece last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 January 2022, 12:55 PM   #5
WatchesNBlondes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleP View Post

You must be one heck of an aunt! The most i've gotten from any uncle or aunt were savings bonds.
WatchesNBlondes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 02:10 PM   #6
lobster1Cracker
"TRF" Member

I like it!��
lobster1Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 02:17 PM   #7
Pinchy
"TRF" Member

The 2 ADs I've spoken to simply have NEVER taken delivery of the green on steel.

MichelleP's here is about the only ones I've seen and not in the config my wife wants (oyster and smooth).

It's honestly easier to get an op tiffany dial atm, and looking at the grey market, there are no real examples in the US.

Basically, this dial barely exists....
Pinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 02:18 PM   #8
dawalsh
"TRF" Member

Ordered two for my relative. Only got one after less than a month. Still waiting for a second one (about 6 weeks now)

dawalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 02:33 PM   #9
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawalsh View Post
Ordered two for my relative. Only got one after less than a month. Still waiting for a second one (about 6 weeks now)

Wow that is a beauty. This is the configuration I ordered so I’m thrilled to see what it looks like not on the website. Thank you for sharing the pic!
Old 20 January 2022, 03:10 PM   #10
FloridaBill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Rolex
Reefer Madness...oops, I meant Rolex Madness
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 11:21 PM   #11
Aceholio
"TRF" Member

Watch: Palm Fronds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
The 2 ADs I've spoken to simply have NEVER taken delivery of the green on steel.

MichelleP's here is about the only ones I've seen and not in the config my wife wants (oyster and smooth).

It's honestly easier to get an op tiffany dial atm, and looking at the grey market, there are no real examples in the US.

Basically, this dial barely exists....
I'm supposed to pick up a Oyster/Smooth palm dial in two weeks. I'll post some pics of it in it's natural habitat. I split time between the great white north and my place in the Caribbean. This seems like a natural fit for me and I'm excited to pick it up.

Definitely not a one watch collection. I always thought this hobby was supposed to be fun, this one is FUN. My SD43 dives with me, this one will see plenty of beach/swim time.

Hot take but I don't really see the difference between this and an explorer I in terms of specs and potential uses. 100m water resistance/all steel, I look forward to beating mine up.
Aceholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 06:24 AM   #12
Zuger
"TRF" Member

Watch: me set the time
Lemme see some palm leaf dial DJ 36

Have been waiting for my smooth/jubilee configuration since last June. AD barely sees this dial at all. Should get it by 2025 (I hope).
Zuger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 06:57 AM   #13
illiguy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:

Adopt me, please
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 07:26 AM   #14
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Quote:

That looks really nice. I like the smooth bezel version myself. The AD I have been working with said they hadn't even received any yet, but that was in November when I last visited in person. I haven't stopped in since then but I have emailed. I am still waiting for a 124060 sub.
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 07:57 AM   #15
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendota View Post
That looks really nice. I like the smooth bezel version myself. The AD I have been working with said they hadn't even received any yet, but that was in November when I last visited in person. I haven't stopped in since then but I have emailed. I am still waiting for a 124060 sub.
Fingers crossed you get that sub soon! I just got mine in last week. Expressed interest in late October so about 6-8 week wait. Seems like this watch attracts some same minds. Submariners are palm dials seem like the perfect combo. Hopefully this comes in for me this year. Judging by these pics they look a lot better in the flesh with some sunlight
Old 21 January 2022, 08:17 AM   #16
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceholio View Post
I'm supposed to pick up a Oyster/Smooth palm dial in two weeks. I'll post some pics of it in it's natural habitat. I split time between the great white north and my place in the Caribbean. This seems like a natural fit for me and I'm excited to pick it up.

Definitely not a one watch collection. I always thought this hobby was supposed to be fun, this one is FUN. My SD43 dives with me, this one will see plenty of beach/swim time.

Hot take but I don't really see the difference between this and an explorer I in terms of specs and potential uses. 100m water resistance/all steel, I look forward to beating mine up.
That's the exact configuration that I would want if I got one - the smooth bezel with Oyster bracelet. Please post a lot of pics when you get it. I want a green dial watch in my collection and the two I would choose between would be the green dial OP36 and this one. Personally, I am not a big fan of the double battons at 3-6-9 for the OP36, so I think this palm DJ36 would be perfect.
Old 21 January 2022, 08:24 AM   #17
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGoodnight369 View Post
Fingers crossed you get that sub soon! I just got mine in last week. Expressed interest in late October so about 6-8 week wait. Seems like this watch attracts some same minds. Submariners are palm dials seem like the perfect combo. Hopefully this comes in for me this year. Judging by these pics they look a lot better in the flesh with some sunlight
Thanks! I am glad you got yours. I got to try one on in my AD's pre-owned case this summer, side by side with the 114060, and it completely sealed it for me that I want the 124060. I have been waiting since October 2020 when I first expressed interest. Then I bought my wife the new OP34 from them for Mother's Day last year and they installed an EZLink on my OP36. When we were wrapping up my sales associate said he would for sure work on getting me my sub. My 50th birthday is coming up in late April and I have periodically stopped in over the last year to chat and look at their vintage pieces. Everyone there has said it would be no problem to get one in time for my birthday, but here we are in mid-January and crickets. We still have 3 months to go, I guess.

My wife is going to reach out and see if a female connection might make any difference versus me trying to get it for myself. I am also thinking of going to the other two ADs here in my area and asking if they might be able to help me.
Old 21 January 2022, 09:21 AM   #18
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiguy View Post
Adopt me, please
MichelleP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 09:21 AM   #19
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGoodnight369 View Post
Wow that is a beauty. This is the configuration I ordered so I’m thrilled to see what it looks like not on the website. Thank you for sharing the pic!
delete
Old 21 January 2022, 09:22 AM   #20
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Beautiful picture
Old 21 January 2022, 12:59 PM   #21
ogbeans
Banned

Quote:

Lol right next to a leaf
ogbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 01:22 PM   #22
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendota View Post
Thanks! I am glad you got yours. I got to try one on in my AD's pre-owned case this summer, side by side with the 114060, and it completely sealed it for me that I want the 124060. I have been waiting since October 2020 when I first expressed interest. Then I bought my wife the new OP34 from them for Mother's Day last year and they installed an EZLink on my OP36. When we were wrapping up my sales associate said he would for sure work on getting me my sub. My 50th birthday is coming up in late April and I have periodically stopped in over the last year to chat and look at their vintage pieces. Everyone there has said it would be no problem to get one in time for my birthday, but here we are in mid-January and crickets. We still have 3 months to go, I guess.

My wife is going to reach out and see if a female connection might make any difference versus me trying to get it for myself. I am also thinking of going to the other two ADs here in my area and asking if they might be able to help me.
I have a 114060 as well and boy is it an upgrade! Overall feel is quite different. For me the 12 wears so much lighter even though it’s “bigger” in case, clasp and bracelet. Blows my mind how they managed it. I wold second the idea of having the wife reach out. My advice would be her going in person wearing the OP. It shows brand loyalty. Sticking to one AD and the same sales associate is the way to go. Gotta leave an impression so when that next sub comes in they think of you first!
Old 27 July 2023, 11:53 AM   #23
Nightscope817
"TRF" Member

Palm 36 Jubilee

Just in time for the rest of summer ☀️ 🌴
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4249.jpeg (196.5 KB, 19 views)
Nightscope817 is offline   Reply With Quote