The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 18 January 2022, 10:56 AM   #31
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

I stopped following them after Roger Staubach left.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2022, 11:24 AM   #32
austinp
"TRF" Member

Bring back Switzer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2022, 06:43 PM   #33
favre12rodgers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
As a ten year New York Giants season ticket holder and attendee at Super Bowl 46 (Giants vs. Pats) in Indy, there was much to be thankful for yesterday:
1. Eagles lost
2. Cowboys lost
3. Giants are interviewing the best teams' young talent for a new GM who will then hire a new coach.
And they will still win like 5 games....
favre12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2022, 06:48 PM   #34
favre12rodgers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrunner View Post
It's hard to a Cowboys fan. It's an exercise in frustration. They cannot win in the playoffs. Its unbelievable. The coaching was terrible all season with questionable calls in every game and the penalties were killers especially yesterday's game. Complete lack of discipline with so many of those flags preventable. McCarthy needs to go but not sure Kellen Moore is the answer either. It was his boneheaded call to have Dak run it up the middle but that game was lost well before that play. This team is way too talented to not go further in the playoffs.
I don't get this narrative. I swear only Cowboys fans thought this team was a SB contender this year. Like, you didn't even know if Dak was going to be able to throw a ball 10 yards at the beginning of the year because of injuries. This team was never anywhere near the class of the Pack and Tampa.

I think they had a nice year and it's something they can build upon seeing that Dak looks like he is fully healed. However, Cowboys fans need to stop acting like they were shoo-ins for the SB this year. More than likely, you would have lost to Tampa next week or gotten absolutely stomped by the Packers in two weeks. You can't have 14 penalties in a game and win....heck, I saw these guys get like 3 personal foul penalties for late hits on the SAME DRIVE a month or two ago (forgot against who).

MM is a good coach, it just got stale in Green Bay after so many years and that happens everywhere for all coaches. I find it funny they want to fire MM and replace him with the bonehead who actually called that play yesterday.
Old 18 January 2022, 07:26 PM   #35
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
I am looking for an uptick

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre12rodgers View Post
And they will still win like 5 games....
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

We need a franchise QB, like Aaron Rodgers. With peak Eli, we were competitive most years. Daniel Jones is not optimal. Look at Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert. We need one of those types.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2022, 07:41 PM   #36
HHIslander
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
I stopped following them after Roger Staubach left.
Me too. Danny White? Lol.
HHIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2022, 10:22 PM   #37
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Cowboys fans: when you are feeling down and sad, take a moment and think about the Washington Football Team and remember it could always be worse.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2022, 10:42 PM   #38
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Being in the military and stationed in Korea in the early 80s, I have to say I greatly appreciated seeing the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders on one of their USO tours.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 12:51 AM   #39
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Think there's too much blame falling on the coach for what happened Sunday. Some of the penalties the Cowboys had went way beyond coaching to players just being flat out stupid. Don't know what Gregory scored on his Wonderlic test but I'm guessing he didn't ace it.
Old 19 January 2022, 01:00 AM   #40
wantonebad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600, 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
Think there's too much blame falling on the coach for what happened Sunday. Some of the penalties the Cowboys had went way beyond coaching to players just being flat out stupid. Don't know what Gregory scored on his Wonderlic test but I'm guessing he didn't ace it.
For me its guilt by association, if you decide to work for Jerry Jones in his current management structure, then you are suspect. Moreover if you took the job because it was your only option, you're suspect. Players aren't dumb, they see these things as well, they know who to respect and listen to based on that persons collective credibility. They don't listen to MM because of these reasons.
wantonebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 01:11 AM   #41
twitch54
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1888 Appleton Trac
Quote:
Originally Posted by crew View Post

Btw, I’m a Bills fan, so I know more than a little something about frustration!
how true !

At my age now I really couldn't care less about professional sports. But I'm thankful to still have my memory of growing up in Western NY and the Bills Championship years of '64 & '65 !
twitch54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 01:15 AM   #42
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
i think cowboys are just not a good team. their record was super inflated because of their division and they lost to every decent team they played, although the games were competitive

dak played really bad for most of the game but i don't think he's the problem. they have zeke on a terrible contract and their team was built around dak and zeke, so now their offense is pretty one dimensional since there's no threat of the run anymore and their receivers aren't elite, although lamb is good but he's only on his second year
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 01:33 AM   #43
wantonebad

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
i think cowboys are just not a good team. their record was super inflated because of their division and they lost to every decent team they played, although the games were competitive

dak played really bad for most of the game but i don't think he's the problem. they have zeke on a terrible contract and their team was built around dak and zeke, so now their offense is pretty one dimensional since there's no threat of the run anymore and their receivers aren't elite, although lamb is good but he's only on his second year
Spoken like a financial analyst!!! LOL

Couldn't agree more! Zeke is an expensive problem, you can't pay running backs this kind of money, and an unproven QB, too much dough. Part and parcel of the Jones issue...
Old 19 January 2022, 01:40 AM   #44
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantonebad View Post
Spoken like a financial analyst!!! LOL

Couldn't agree more! Zeke is an expensive problem, you can't pay running backs this kind of money, and an unproven QB, too much dough. Part and parcel of the Jones issue...
lol can't help myself, i'm a degen and been betting sports for too long. but yeah you're right, running backs are a huge risk. i don't know if i can fault them for paying dak though with the season he had before his freak injury and i guess that comes with the owner being loyal but at least he came back from it looking the same so i still think he's fine, realistically they won't get anyone better from a draft so i think he just needs some help but for now they're in a bad situation
Old 19 January 2022, 02:10 AM   #45
wantonebad

Quote:
lol can't help myself, i'm a degen and been betting sports for too long. but yeah you're right, running backs are a huge risk. i don't know if i can fault them for paying dak though with the season he had before his freak injury and i guess that comes with the owner being loyal but at least he came back from it looking the same so i still think he's fine, realistically they won't get anyone better from a draft so i think he just needs some help but for now they're in a bad situation
Jones needs to be letting evaluators of talent make these decisions and dispassionately let Dak and or Zeke walk. Never should have signed both, Jones always wants to have his cake and eat it too, that's not winning football and while both are good, neither are great. Zeke was, but that's over, Dak never will be IMHO.
Old 19 January 2022, 02:24 AM   #46
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantonebad View Post
Jones needs to be letting evaluators of talent make these decisions and dispassionately let Dak and or Zeke walk. Never should have signed both, Jones always wants to have his cake and eat it too, that's not winning football and while both are good, neither are great. Zeke was, but that's over, Dak never will be IMHO.
yeah agreed, it's all on him. unfortunately it's either stay mediocre or tank and i think his ego is too big to see the cowboys tank. he might've had a chance to move zeke before signing dak but not anymore lol
Old 19 January 2022, 02:30 AM   #47
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
It's my fault. Turned the game on while eating dinner & decided to cheer on Dallas. Teams I root for have a way of doing that, sorry.
dP
Whatever you do, stay away from the Bills!
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 08:13 AM   #48
twitch54
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1888 Appleton Trac
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Whatever you do, stay away from the Bills!
agreed !!
twitch54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 09:03 AM   #49
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Lived in Dallas all my
Life. What happened was expected in my mind. I won quite a bit of money on the loss. I was expecting it and knew it would happen Even if it was close. The need better leadership from the top to the bottom. Dak is not ready for the big games yet. They overpaid him
dwjez14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 05:09 PM   #50
favre12rodgers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

We need a franchise QB, like Aaron Rodgers. With peak Eli, we were competitive most years. Daniel Jones is not optimal. Look at Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert. We need one of those types.
Well apparently you guys thought you might have a chance at Aaron Rodgers and that's why you fired Judge LOL....I just read that story last week.

https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-gi...-trade-rumors/
Old 19 January 2022, 11:05 PM   #51
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
I agree about Dallas being a paper tiger. Oh, I can’t say much, I’m a Detroit Lions fan for God’s sake, but because of the terrible division, it appeared they were much better then they actually were. Against teams outside their division (I think) their recored was 6-5. Not a bad team, but super bowl contender? Hardly
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 02:06 AM   #52
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc10ken View Post
Theyre a good team and can contend with this group every year. Just they run into a better team or hotter team come playoffs. Part of it is the QB isnt clutch, he can throw 5 TDs in a game nobody cares about but cant come through when it really counts. Unfortunately theyre too invested in him and so stuck with him for time being.

Second thing about getting over the hump is the coach, they also need a coach who will cowtow to the owner/GM...any great coach is going to want to take charge and thus theres going to be conflict with Jerry.

Still in a good position every year which is all you can ask for.
i think people give dak too little credit. he's a top 10 qb right now imo and yes you can tank but you're very unlikely to get a qb better than him. you would be risking getting someone better and a few more years to get that new offense rolling and looking at the last draft class, it was very qb heavy and all the qbs look like busts so far besides mac lol. he just needs help, the team was built around the fact that zeke was a top rb and he's useless now. look at the bengals, they drafted a top tier talent and were still terrible because he had no protection or offense. it required getting a better oline and a wide receiver who's a cheat code and unguardable for things to click there, and even then, burrow was on the same team as chase in college so the chemistry was already there. i think with the cowboys, coaching and management are the two biggest problems there because they have so many boneheaded plays and penalties and the culture doesn't feel like a winning one
Old 20 January 2022, 03:20 AM   #53
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc10ken View Post
True Dak is not terrible, probably top 10, and they can win with him. They have a shot every year, only thing I can add is that its much easier to rebuild in Cincy than it is in Dallas or NY, no expectations.
yup, rebuilding in a big city is near impossible. owners are too money hungry and have huge egos and media steers players away. one day will see the knicks be good hopefully .....
Old 20 January 2022, 03:50 AM   #54
Goin2drt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrunner View Post
It's hard to a Cowboys fan. It's an exercise in frustration. They cannot win in the playoffs. Its unbelievable. The coaching was terrible all season with questionable calls in every game and the penalties were killers especially yesterday's game. Complete lack of discipline with so many of those flags preventable. McCarthy needs to go but not sure Kellen Moore is the answer either. It was his boneheaded call to have Dak run it up the middle but that game was lost well before that play. This team is way too talented to not go further in the playoffs.
You sound just like the typical Cowboys fan. Stop blaming all the calls and coaching. There is one reason they will never win a SB or even go deep into the playoffs and that is Jerry Jones. He is to blame for every year them sucking. He loves to overpay for decent players not even great players yet he treats them like they are the best. Every skilled position he SUCKS at developing and recruiting. Dak IS NOT a SB QB. He should have never been given that contract that will now hamstring the entire team. He should have let his a$$ go but instead just like every other big signing his EGO gets in the way and he wants to be the man.

Just like the Raiders were never going to win with Al Davis, the Cowboys will never win as long as Jerry Jones is in charge. sure he will run a very good business and make billions but no SB for him.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 03:54 AM   #55
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
I'll give Dallas credit for this ~ Parsons was a home run.
You can build a legit defense around a player like that.
Old 20 January 2022, 03:59 AM   #56
-dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIslander View Post
Me too. Danny White? Lol.
He came and spoke to my middle school when I was in 6th grade. Afterwards, I saw him as I was leaving the gym. All excited I ran up and asked if he'd sign my book cover. He said "no, sorry" and kept on his way. That bummed me out.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 04:07 AM   #57
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin2drt View Post
You sound just like the typical Cowboys fan. Stop blaming all the calls and coaching. There is one reason they will never win a SB or even go deep into the playoffs and that is Jerry Jones. He is to blame for every year them sucking. He loves to overpay for decent players not even great players yet he treats them like they are the best. Every skilled position he SUCKS at developing and recruiting. Dak IS NOT a SB QB. He should have never been given that contract that will now hamstring the entire team. He should have let his a$$ go but instead just like every other big signing his EGO gets in the way and he wants to be the man.

Just like the Raiders were never going to win with Al Davis, the Cowboys will never win as long as Jerry Jones is in charge. sure he will run a very good business and make billions but no SB for him.
i would say there are only ever 5 sb qbs in the league at a time. recently it's been mahomes, rodgers, brady, lamar (arguably, talent is 100% there), and wilson. burrow and herbert will be next to be added to that list but herbert also wasn't a hyped pick and no one saw that one coming so it's very hard to get a sb qb in the league but there are obviously more qbs outside that list that deserve a max contract. jimmy isn't a sb qb and the guy is probably the most inconsistent qb right now but made the superbowl because he had an elite oline and offense surrounding him. like you said, jerry is the issue but it's unfair to any team/owner to want them to get a sb qb because it's such a lottery, and a lot of these elite qb's weren't even top picks. in his scenario, no team will give up any of the 5 i mentioned, so his only option is to either pay a good qb (he's top 10) or try to trade for someone in that next tier like matt ryan or stafford, and those might not even make your team better. the most important thing is having a great qb and putting talent around them. this is the part management fails at. you can't consistently be chasing the next mahomes, and mahomes wasn't even supposed to be good. trevor lawrence was the most hyped qb in recent times and he looks like he's absolutely not ready for the big leagues but a lot of it is probably because he went to a dumpster fire as well.
Old 20 January 2022, 05:09 AM   #58
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
If Dak is top 10 he about 10 on that list for sure.
Old 20 January 2022, 05:19 AM   #59
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
If Dak is top 10 he about 10 on that list for sure.
lol possibly, i haven't actually tried listing them all and thought about the order but regardless as a giants fan i would love to have even a decent qb

i forgot to add allen to that list and i guess we'll see how his playoff run goes but that was also another qb that probably wouldn't have became as good as he is on most teams. bills did a great job with him and made him come alive
Old 20 January 2022, 06:02 AM   #60
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
lol possibly, i haven't actually tried listing them all and thought about the order but regardless as a giants fan i would love to have even a decent qb

i forgot to add allen to that list and i guess we'll see how his playoff run goes but that was also another qb that probably wouldn't have became as good as he is on most teams. bills did a great job with him and made him come alive

Indeed. Starts top down. Our GM and HC have been surprisingly competent. This is uncharted waters for a buffalo sports team. Our owner isn’t particularly talented at managing sports teams so we got lucky. He owns the sabres and they are an absolute dumpster fire. The only reason he doesn’t get run out of town is the bills successes.