The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 2 September 2018, 08:14 AM   #271
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Looks great. The 24hr hand should reset with the top pusher, no?
Old 2 September 2018, 09:04 AM   #272
Car32
"TRF" Member

Nope, top pusher starts and stops the sweep hand. The 24 hr hand also seems to be running even though the chronology is stopped. Not sure if this is a characteristic of the movement, as none of the various product shots on the Dan Henry website show the 24 hr hand at the 24 hr position.
Car32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2018, 09:07 AM   #273
Old Expat Beast

Sorry, meant to say bottom pusher. After you stop with the top pusher, what happens when you push the bottom pusher? Resets the sweep hand only?
Old 2 September 2018, 09:18 AM   #274
Car32
"TRF" Member

Yes, the bottom pusher only resets the sweep hand. The website describes this dial as a 24 hr indicator, I just tried setting the time to a different time and the 24hr hand follows the hour hand, so it seems that this dial is meant to show you if its AM/PM. A bit of a let down, it would have been nicer if the 24hr hand stayed at the 24hr position to add to the symmetry, but by no means a big deal deal breaker.
Old 2 September 2018, 09:24 AM   #275
Old Expat Beast

Oh, ok, that's interesting. I actually quite like that function; never seen it before. Not sure how useful it would be though.

How do you find the quality of the steel bracelet?
Old 2 September 2018, 09:53 AM   #276
Car32
"TRF" Member

The watch came on the leather strap which I prefer. I looked at the steel bracelet but only briefly, and haven't unwrapped it from its plastic yet. Im not a fan of the beads of rice style and always intended to wear on the leather band. I really was just checking for a quick release mechanism on the steel band but there isn't one, which is a shame.

The leather band is "ok", not terrible but certainly not great, again for the price I am happy.

The canvas watch roll is a nice addition for the price but its not really my thing and I can't see myself ever using, it.

What do you think of quick release pins in general? Im thinking of some similar straps from Barton of Clockwork Synergy for my Sub but wondering if there is a higher chance of them failing.
Old 2 September 2018, 10:04 AM   #277
Old Expat Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car32 View Post
The watch came on the leather strap which I prefer. I looked at the steel bracelet but only briefly, and haven't unwrapped it from its plastic yet. Im not a fan of the beads of rice style and always intended to wear on the leather band. I really was just checking for a quick release mechanism on the steel band but there isn't one, which is a shame.

The leather band is "ok", not terrible but certainly not great, again for the price I am happy.

The canvas watch roll is a nice addition for the price but its not really my thing and I can't see myself ever using, it.

What do you think of quick release pins in general? Im thinking of some similar straps from Barton of Clockwork Synergy for my Sub but wondering if there is a higher chance of them failing.
I think the quick release springbars on leather straps are a good idea, and seem to be strong, but I don't know how well they would hold up in the long term. I took them out of the supplied fabric straps, though, as they were too bulky. I really like the canvas watch rolls, and find them great for storage of other watches and for use when travelling. As mentioned earlier, I bought two extras.
Old 3 September 2018, 01:35 PM   #278
Car32
"TRF" Member

Cool. How has your Dan Henry held up? Curious how long these $250 beauties are going to last.
Old 3 September 2018, 04:07 PM   #279
Old Expat Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car32 View Post
Cool. How has your Dan Henry held up? Curious how long these $250 beauties are going to last.
Both still going strong. Looks like they have gained about one minute each in just under a year.
Old 3 September 2018, 10:03 PM   #280
collarcity
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 14060M
DH 1964 panda came in last week. First microbrand purchase and as close as I've ever come to an impulse buy. One of the best chrono designs ever and under 40mm for $250 shipped? The sizing alone makes this a unicorn in today's market. I'm definitely impressed with the quality. Very wearable and loyal to the original Carrera. Domed crystal is especially awesome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0901.jpg (285.4 KB, 153 views)
collarcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2018, 11:11 PM   #281
Old Expat Beast

Looks great Mark
Old 4 September 2018, 09:05 AM   #282
Car32
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Both still going strong. Looks like they have gained about one minute each in just under a year.
Awesome!!
Old 4 September 2018, 09:06 AM   #283
Car32
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collarcity View Post
DH 1964 panda came in last week. First microbrand purchase and as close as I've ever come to an impulse buy. One of the best chrono designs ever and under 40mm for $250 shipped? The sizing alone makes this a unicorn in today's market. I'm definitely impressed with the quality. Very wearable and loyal to the original Carrera. Domed crystal is especially awesome.
Looks amazing! Mine should be coming this week - I couldn’t resist!
Old 2 December 2018, 05:18 AM   #284
cnewberg
"TRF" Member

Love the look of his new 1972 model... Might have to grab that after the Holiday season.
cnewberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 12:27 PM   #285
collarcity
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 14060M
Anyone else pick up the 39mm 1962 racing chronograph released this month? Been enjoying my blue version.

collarcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 08:24 PM   #286
Car32
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collarcity View Post
Anyone else pick up the 39mm 1962 racing chronograph released this month? Been enjoying my blue version.

I knew something was coming for a long time based on conversations with Dan (really nice guy), but to be honest, as a little underwhelmed. $10 more than the gran tourismo and no metal bracelet. The deal breaker for me is the mineral crystal which isn’t “sapphire coated”. My understanding is that it will scratch much more easily.

I tried on the evil panda though, it’s beautiful.
Old 5 October 2021, 06:15 PM   #287
Old Expat Beast

Looks like the original run of Dan Henry watches (see post #1) is all sold out now, as of last July: https://danhenrywatches.com/blogs/museum-collection