The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 29 January 2023, 11:05 PM   #1
Noxa
"TRF" Member

Canvas strap on wire lug Rad?

Just has yet another blowout at the buckle end of an official Panerai strap, can’t keep replacing them yearly, as it’s summer coming up I’m wondering wether to go for an interim canvas strap… Anyone have any maker recommendations, in the U.K. would be handy. Any Pics?
Noxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2023, 12:20 AM   #2
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
I’ve bought straps from StrapsCo that are well made and value conscious. They are in New York, USA.
scarlet knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2023, 08:34 AM   #3
BMess
"TRF" Member

What do you mean a blowout? Can you share a picture?

I don’t think many people love canvas on wirelug radiomirs. I have a fantastic canvas from Kyros but would never put it on a wire Rad.

Post a picture of the problem and I’ll give you some guidance on how to fix it/recommendations moving forward.
Old 31 January 2023, 09:41 PM   #4
Noxa
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the responses, I’ll check out the suggestion scarlet knight. BMess I’ll try and post a pic when I’m home later, basically I mean the buckle pulled through the leather, rest of the strap is looking great just that area seems a weak point for me with official Pam straps, it was a cashmere gold strap that took some finding so pretty dissapointed. I agree that’s why I asked as I’ve never really seen anyone rocking a canvas strap on a wire lug rad but I don’t really see why not tbh, for summer I quite like the idea of a canvas but seems to not be a popular opinion.
Noxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2023, 11:03 PM   #5
BMess
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxa View Post
Thanks for the responses, I’ll check out the suggestion scarlet knight. BMess I’ll try and post a pic when I’m home later, basically I mean the buckle pulled through the leather, rest of the strap is looking great just that area seems a weak point for me with official Pam straps, it was a cashmere gold strap that took some finding so pretty dissapointed. I agree that’s why I asked as I’ve never really seen anyone rocking a canvas strap on a wire lug rad but I don’t really see why not tbh, for summer I quite like the idea of a canvas but seems to not be a popular opinion.
I understand. I don’t love the OEM straps but the cashmere gold strap is one of the best OEM straps IMO.

A few suggestions:

(1) Contact Cordes David on Facebook (if you dont have Facebook, PM me and I’ll send you alternative contact info). He makes incredible straps and I’m sure he has a hide that you’d love. He’ll work with you to create exactly what you’re envisioning. He’s also in the UK so quick shipping!

(2) If you really love the look of OEM, Stepenko Oleg (hurricane13.net) also makes incredible straps but takes a much more OEM approach. He’s very skilled at recreating specific OEM straps. IMO, his straps are better quality than their OEM counterparts. I’m 100% certain they will not tear like your OEM strap tore. You can contact him through Facebook also for fastest response.

I own several straps from both the above makers and I recommend both of them unconditionally. Feel free to PM me with any questions/concerns/anything.
Old 1 February 2023, 11:05 AM   #6
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
I'm a big fan of Canvas straps
Almost all my watches live on Canvas Straps

Check out Bosphorus Leather or Gunny Straps for good Canvas options