The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 27 June 2019, 12:35 PM   #1
Watchcollectorpro
Banned

Watch out for AB Time NYC

Tomorrow am I am going to post step by step experiences with AB time NYC the owner named Albert (I think) and a sales girl named Nadiya. It will definitely make you think twice about buying from them. 3 experiences to explain
Watchcollectorpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 01:38 PM   #2
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchcollectorpro View Post
Tomorrow am I am going to post step by step experiences with AB time NYC the owner named Albert (I think) and a sales girl named Nadiya. It will definitely make you think twice about buying from them. 3 experiences to explain
Why wait?
Old 27 June 2019, 09:48 PM   #3
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Maybe getting his ducks all in a row, waiting for the report.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 09:48 PM   #4
usling15
"TRF" Member

You sure are bashing a lot of people since you joined a month ago.
usling15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 10:09 PM   #5
DRjre086
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usling15 View Post
My thoughts exactly. You have 5 posts on TRF and all are in regards to being scammed or bashing. Is there a motive here?
Rolex 16570 Explorer II Polar
Rolex 16660 Sea-Dweller
DRjre086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 11:15 PM   #6
rolexinfl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRjre086 View Post
My thoughts exactly. You have 5 posts on TRF and all are in regards to being scammed or bashing. Is there a motive here?
Oh oh, the motive police are out in full force.

You dont need nor deserve an explanation for anyones posting habits.

Just like the other people who were questioning the user exposing the rugby player who scammed people. Rediculous.
rolexinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 11:23 PM   #7
dmb359
2024 Pledge Member

Well, in my opinion, someone coming here recently and only posting a few times, all of which are about negative experiences with multiple sources, while may be true, is more of an indication on that person than the places they are reviewing.
Old 27 June 2019, 11:35 PM   #8
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by usling15 View Post
Thinking the same thing...
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 11:38 PM   #9
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexinfl View Post
Oh oh, the motive police are out in full force.

You dont need nor deserve an explanation for anyones posting habits.

Just like the other people who were questioning the user exposing the rugby player who scammed people. Rediculous.
Ridiculous* Sorry had to...
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2019, 01:36 AM   #10
chad362wiley
"TRF" Member

Followijg
Old 28 June 2019, 03:13 AM   #11
Watchcollectorpro
Banned

update

Most recent transaction
Sorry for the delay I have been busy dealing with this transaction where AB Time NYC was the seller, a 3 party facilitator whose name I will leave out, and myself. Last week I purchased an aquanaut for myself and used my CC to pay into the escrow account. Day after I purchased it I inquired as to when it would be shipped. I was told seller would not process until escrow account had my money. On Friday of last week I got a note that the CC company has put money into the escrow account. I then reach out to the seller asking an eta on shipping. No response. On Monday I call the facilitator and asked them to call AB Time NYC. 20 min later I get a message from the seller stating they are at the watch show in Miami but would email me a tracking number immediately upon their return Tuesday evening. I was not happy at this point bc they did not disclose not being able to process an order during these dates in the ad. So I had no choice but to wait. Tuesday afternoon I reach out and get no response. Wednesday morning I reach out through facilitators messaging system, emails, texts**, and had the facilitator call several times through out the day. Today still no more response. So the facilitator just suspended their account from their site.

Transaction 2
Back in May I was speaking with the seller through the facilitators website as I put in a bid on a patek that they were selling. They immediately reach out. This is how I got their emails, cell phones, and business phone lines I talk about in the most recent transaction**. I was getting this watch as a birthday present. Bc of the days it would take to process they ask me to buy it outside the 3rd party facilitators site. Given the urgency I agree pay for the watch, they send the watch, everything seemed to be good. Then the receiver of the watch asked if I could get an appraisal for his insurance company. I call AB Time NYC and the response was no problem. After a couple of days I call them again. Then I am told the only person in the company who holds the license to issue an appraisal is the owner. However, the owner was traveling and I would have to wait for his return. Again a week later i called and the girl was going to check on it and get back to me. Then she blocked my number or turned off her phone. We are now coming up in July this started back in May.

3rd transaction
Will follow in another post as it is long
Old 28 June 2019, 04:52 AM   #12
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2019, 06:32 AM   #13
HarryLime
"TRF" Member

Basically everyone in the Diamond District is trash, no surprise here. I've even seen the "legit" guys try to pull fast ones.
HarryLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2019, 02:07 AM   #14
DaytonaSubmariner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLime View Post
Basically everyone in the Diamond District is trash, no surprise here. I've even seen the "legit" guys try to pull fast ones.
I have personal experience with Classic Watch in NYC and Gai is 100%.

I traded a newer BLNR for a classic Pepsi 1675. I had it sent to Rolex for service as it was needing it and everything checked out perfectly.

I would not hesitate to highly recommend them over and over again. Very stand up people he's involved with and knows others in the area that are good guys as well.

https://classicwatchny.com/about-us/
DaytonaSubmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2019, 02:32 AM   #15
Watchcollectorpro
Banned

referral

Thank you for the referral. I just want to get the watch that is advertised, at the advertised price, in the agreed upon time frame, from folks who have the watch in hand. This non sense of buying a watch online based on an advertised price only to be contacted by the seller who has your money in hand who doesn't disclose that he is out on the street trying to buy the watch for you. However, he then tells you the price has gone up, that his partner sold the one that they listed on the internet or some other bs. Seems like the same story over and over again.
Old 29 June 2019, 03:26 AM   #16
Watchcollectorpro
Banned

3rd dealing with AB Time NYC

Back in Mar 20th which was a Wed I was looking for an AP watch on Chrono24
AB Time had the watch which was an AP 15407 ST and I tell them how I need it no later than Saturday Mar 23rd. They tell me if I do the deal outside of Chrono24 it will save time and money. So I agree. On Thursday Mar 21 I wake up and get out the wire. AB Time confirms receipt of the wire by lunch time. I then emphasize the importance of receiving it by a certain date and was assured that I would have it. Thursday afternoon I decided to check on the tracking number. I was then given a story how the shipping department was Israeli and left early for their holiday. I worked for an Israeli for 20 years and Shabbat was a Friday night Saturday deal so I knew something was wrong. Friday morning rolls around and I start calling AB as they open. I then get told the shipping department was extremely backed up but the girl assured me that she bought coffee and donuts for the girls in the shipping department to ensure my watched was boxed and overnighted for Saturday delivery to meet my requested deadline. Saturday I get nothing. I call the girl and tell her to wire my money back which she agrees. Sunday I am talking to a friend who tells me she is going to NYC for a night and will return back Monday night. For some stupid reason I asked if she would have time to stop by AB Time and pick up the watch. She agrees so I call the girl at AB Time and she tells she will personally meet my friend at the store. Then I get a text from the girl at AB Time

She can stop the shop between 11-12pm on Monday. Pls let me know if you can make this happen Yes !
It is possible ! I get to the office at 11 I can definitely have that arranged for you !
Have it ready. MY FRIEND has mtgs so I don’t want her to be late bc the watch is not ready I will ensure she doesn’t have to wait I promise
Get a next and call Monday morning from AB Time
Good morning WATCHCOLLECTORPRO Please give me a call when you can.
In a mtg. Can you text
Did MY FRIEND pick up the watch?

I tried calling a couple of times went straight to voicemail When YOUR FIREND got here - I had a watch boxed and ready to give to her unfortunately it was not the watch that was intended for you: I showed MY FRIEND the watch I had with me.

It was a used watch not the new one that was sold. There was an error with the inventory - the new unworn watch will be arriving on Wednesday and the used one was in our safe:

First and foremost I know I asked for a chance to make things right by you and I failed tremendously.
I apologized to FRIEND for wasting her time and she was effortlessly so gracious and polite:

You should see your refund in your account shortly.
I am really and truly sorry for the all of this . I really wish I can make it all disappear and even erase all of the frustration and agony caused:

I can assure you I take full responsibility for all of this and I know it will be merely impossible for me to say anything else or gain your trust again:
But please please please accept my heartfelt apology. As it was not intentional:
It really breaks my heart to do this and to disappoint you yet again.
Wire my money back now. You guys are ridiculous wasting my time and my friends."

So then i text a buddy of mine who knows the people at AB Time and tell him the story. His response was I am sorry and I forgot to call you. AB Time called me last Thursday and asked if I had an AP 15407 ST that they could buy for 76K. I was sold one for at 78K. Then on Friday AB Time called several of people I do business with asking the same thing and even offering to pay more. He then went on to tell me that the girl at AB Time confessed that they never had the watch in stock, got the customer to wire in the funds, took the money to go buy one, all which bs the customer of delayed shipping.
Old 29 June 2019, 03:30 AM   #17
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLime View Post
Unfair and untrue.
Some have immense knowledge.
Adam
Old 29 June 2019, 04:46 AM   #18
brockburst
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
So given your six posts....you have managed to spend a few hundred grand and get nothing?

And, you did one unsuccessful transaction with AB which you are still waiting on resolution and you managed to bid on a second patek and then a third?
brockburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2019, 10:23 AM   #19
VonSlingshot
"TRF" Member

You can’t fix stupid.
VonSlingshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2019, 10:56 AM   #20
Halothane
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
I admire your tenacity OP. Hang in there, I'm sure the 4th transaction will be flawless.
Halothane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2019, 01:22 AM   #21
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Most recent transaction
Sorry for the delay I have been busy dealing with this transaction where AB Time NYC was the seller, a 3 party facilitator whose name I will leave out, and myself. Last week I purchased an aquanaut for myself and used my CC to pay into the escrow account. Day after I purchased it I inquired as to when it would be shipped. I was told seller would not process until escrow account had my money. On Friday of last week I got a note that the CC company has put money into the escrow account. I then reach out to the seller asking an eta on shipping. No response. On Monday I call the facilitator and asked them to call AB Time NYC. 20 min later I get a message from the seller stating they are at the watch show in Miami but would email me a tracking number immediately upon their return Tuesday evening. I was not happy at this point bc they did not disclose not being able to process an order during these dates in the ad. So I had no choice but to wait. Tuesday afternoon I reach out and get no response. Wednesday morning I reach out through facilitators messaging system, emails, texts**, and had the facilitator call several times through out the day. Today still no more response. So the facilitator just suspended their account from their site.

Transaction 2
Back in May I was speaking with the seller through the facilitators website as I put in a bid on a patek that they were selling. They immediately reach out. This is how I got their emails, cell phones, and business phone lines I talk about in the most recent transaction**. I was getting this watch as a birthday present. Bc of the days it would take to process they ask me to buy it outside the 3rd party facilitators site. Given the urgency I agree pay for the watch, they send the watch, everything seemed to be good. Then the receiver of the watch asked if I could get an appraisal for his insurance company. I call AB Time NYC and the response was no problem. After a couple of days I call them again. Then I am told the only person in the company who holds the license to issue an appraisal is the owner. However, the owner was traveling and I would have to wait for his return. Again a week later i called and the girl was going to check on it and get back to me. Then she blocked my number or turned off her phone. We are now coming up in July this started back in May.

3rd transaction
Will follow in another post as it is long
No offense intended and I hate to read of forum members being scammed or given the run around but why on earth would you even contemplate doing a second transaction with these people not to mention a third? After the first set of red flags I would have run for the hills. No way on earth I would have ever engaged these people again. There is always another watch out there. Buy the seller, not the watch.

You went back for more and then back again. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....

Good luck OP. My advice would be to find a new seller.
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2019, 02:48 AM   #22
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomalf123 View Post
I admire your tenacity OP. Hang in there, I'm sure the 4th transaction will be flawless.
Atone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2019, 06:37 AM   #23
patrolmi
"TRF" Member

I can't help but wonder if a lot of dealers will "pre sell" a high demand watch they don't have yet, assuming they can quickly get the piece at the right price after the fact and then when it comes time to actually find the watch the realize the market is way up/different then they thought and they are screwed.
patrolmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2019, 08:12 AM   #24
WatchYouGonnaDo
"TRF" Member

Happens all the time. I cant tell you how many times I’ve called / emailed for watches on chrono or other sites and this happens. If you look at all the listings for many dealers, if they actually had in inventory all the watches they say they do, it’s tens of millions of dollars in inventory...no chance
WatchYouGonnaDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2019, 08:36 PM   #25
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolmi View Post
I can't help but wonder if a lot of dealers will "pre sell" a high demand watch they don't have yet, assuming they can quickly get the piece at the right price after the fact and then when it comes time to actually find the watch the realize the market is way up/different then they thought and they are screwed.
That used to be very common. Watches were easy to source in short order, and the transaction worked a lot like the seller had inventory. With the current bubble though, these guys can't reliably get the watch in a reasonable time frame. Fewer are attempting it, but they're still out there.

Ask for a picture of the watch with a scrap of paper with your name on it, and the watch set to a specific time. No picture, you walk.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2019, 08:40 PM   #26
Gaijin
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Your user name does not check out.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2019, 09:49 PM   #27
dxbtousa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSlingshot View Post
You can’t fix stupid.
Think I have to agree with this one.
dxbtousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2019, 09:53 PM   #28
dyoo
Banned

1st time got a full refund but a waste of time

2nd time received the watch without problem. Then request an appraisal and I get nothing but silence

3rd time was on chrono24. Chrono24 canceled the transaction bc ab time wouldn’t respond. Waiting on my refund which chrono24 has initiated

Did I lose 100k+ NO. Read carefully. I have just a few posts that express my experiences with an online brick and mortar store in the us, true.

However I found this website based on looking for a way to warn others about ab time unscrupulous practices. Last time I checked this is where you share those experiences

For those who think I shouldn’t be expressing my experiences don’t read it. For those who read this and stay away from this retailer then congrats as I think these are exactly the kinds of posts that this thread is looking for. True statements regarding actual events with actual customers
dyoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 06:07 AM   #29
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyoo View Post

2nd time received the watch without problem. Then request an appraisal and I get nothing but silence

3rd time was on chrono24. Chrono24 canceled the transaction bc ab time wouldn’t respond. Waiting on my refund which chrono24 has initiated

Did I lose 100k+ NO. Read carefully. I have just a few posts that express my experiences with an online brick and mortar store in the us, true.

However I found this website based on looking for a way to warn others about ab time unscrupulous practices. Last time I checked this is where you share those experiences

For those who think I shouldn’t be expressing my experiences don’t read it. For those who read this and stay away from this retailer then congrats as I think these are exactly the kinds of posts that this thread is looking for. True statements regarding actual events with actual customers
I am confused. Are you the OP? Why are you posting under another username?
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 06:09 AM   #30
VonSlingshot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyoo View Post

multiple accounts much?
VonSlingshot is offline   Reply With Quote