The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 18 November 2018, 09:22 PM   #31
Sarosh
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
Me and my wife buy items that we like, we have never bought anything with a view to selling it on further down the line.
Bingo Dave! Same here. Since my wife and I won’t be owners of multiple luxury items, we wait and get what we want so there will be no buyers remorse down the line.

“It’s a watch, it tells time. Not much else”
Sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2018, 11:14 PM   #32
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Maybe the answer it to buy pre-owned bags : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
More venting than anything!!!

Wife has been on a tear this year buying bags. She was looking for something specific but couldnt figure it out until recently. She has now bought and moved a bunch. frustrating thing,... Some of which were worn maybe a handful of times. 3 birkins, 1 Constance, 2 LV’s, 3 chanel. She only kept like 3 bags out of these.

Like WIS trading watches until you get to the perfect collection. Every bag that she sold went for 60-65% of value to a grey dealer equivalent... the newest one being rebag the store.

The birkins im so annoyed at because they are actually hard to get like SS rolex and Patek’s. You would have hoped they held value better but NOPE!!! Same thing 65% or so. Its fristrating because used bags online sell for 20-50% more than msrp. You could get more but you would have to consign it...that means you have to send it out as inventory. We wernt comfortable consigning a 10k bag. So disappointed in bag value retention. We moved one of her birkins and likely will move another one since she has found her grail....A birkin black 30 with gold hardware. Hope we dont have to rotate bags anymore!

In her quest for the hermes bags ive had to buy some dumb shoes that dont last and some dumb azz belts with logo’s.

Now shes onto watches...got her a DJ31 diamond bezel and dial... she moved it at msrp luckily into a 7118/1r 001. But apparently cant wear it as a daily. So now She is waiting on a 5167 coming on a bracelet.

Im less annoyed at the watches since her watches likely hold better value. But those bags.

I just realized how much she lost on them all!!!! In a 6 month period
Still love the wife. Disapointed in bags.

Just venting a bit.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2018, 11:19 PM   #33
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I have been down the road with handbags and shoes with the wife. Not so much with watches as she is happy with a SS DJ36 after selling a YG Ladies President because she did not want it anymore. And she used the funds to buy me a watch. Nice. We are currently onto LV and you also need the wallet and key ring. We buy from the LV store and as you know there is never any discounts. She typically keeps the bags about 5-7 years and is not hard on them as she has a four bag rotation. When she wants something else we sell one of the bags she has to a friend or work associate at usually 50-60% of retail and use the fund for the next purchase. It is a formula that works for us.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2018, 12:17 AM   #34
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
Me and my wife buy items that we like, we have never bought anything with a view to selling it on further down the line.
We dont usually intend to sell anything but as with watches. Sometimes the chase is the exciting part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
Maybe the answer it to buy pre-owned bags : )

I would but wife refuses... wont even let me buy preowned watches or cars. Badically just burn money over the years....but happy wife generally happy life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I have been down the road with handbags and shoes with the wife. Not so much with watches as she is happy with a SS DJ36 after selling a YG Ladies President because she did not want it anymore. And she used the funds to buy me a watch. Nice. We are currently onto LV and you also need the wallet and key ring. We buy from the LV store and as you know there is never any discounts. She typically keeps the bags about 5-7 years and is not hard on them as she has a four bag rotation. When she wants something else we sell one of the bags she has to a friend or work associate at usually 50-60% of retail and use the fund for the next purchase. It is a formula that works for us.
Ive sold some to friends and coworkers. She picked up a new birkin yeaterday. So ive convincer her to try therealreal. They have a valuation office in NYC and they insure the bags. The birkin we are selling is selling at 100% over marp and therealreal says they take a 30% cut. Well see if this method works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg55 View Post
Perfect weight, if you were 10 feet tall ;)
Lol. Sadly a few inch shorter and id be a midget. ( Nothing wrong with that)
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2018, 12:22 AM   #35
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
All I have to add is WOW
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote