The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 December 2007, 12:57 AM   #1
mamamia1

pepsi gmt

my ad for rolex is telling me that the pepsi gmt is sure to become a collectors peice.do the serial numbers on these watches show that is was an original pepsi gmt.i know that there are alot of these watches out there.but if rolex can not color the ceramic bezel,and demand gets high then supply and demand takes place.i feel that this watch will go up in value if rolex stops coloring the bezel.i was going to trade my blue sub in for it.give me some advice.another member insists that this watch will not become a collectors peice because the paperwork does not show blue and red bezel,so you can buy a bezel and swap it.i understand that but on a authentic rolex would know that it was produced as an original.
mamamia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2007, 03:56 AM   #2
Teofilo

Watch: 14060M,16710 PEPSI
Tricky this..........The Pepsi GMT has always been a classic and some of the bigger collectors on here will be able to tell you which particular models/ages are the best to collect.
In terms of a Z series Pepsi, dont buy it because it is collectable, buy it because it is one of the world's great watches.....it may take some time for the newer Pepsis to start going up in price(although there is evidence from England of an increase of newer Pepsis already on the grey market)...
Teofilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2007, 04:41 AM   #3
mamamia1

in england grey market are you talking about the ceramic bezel with the pepsi
mamamia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2007, 05:18 AM   #4
Teofilo

Watch: 14060M,16710 PEPSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia1 View Post
in england grey market are you talking about the ceramic bezel with the pepsi
No, the old 16710 Pepsi........it was until recently available at every AD, and was available for a relatively low price on the grey market here. The prices however have gone up a couple of hundred pounds in the last couple of months, as the last remaining stock goes off to its new happy home..........people will always want the Pepsi because its a design classic, so I think the last few thousand left will go relatively quickly.
New collectors will want one and also the longer term collectors will want one before they are all gone for good.
Teofilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2007, 02:57 PM   #5
Mario

I just got a brand new Pepsi GMT with a 20% discount from a local AD. It was the last one in the store at the time and no more were being ordered per the salesman (who is a friend of mine) so I take that as being true. He had 4 new GMT IIc that sold on the same day between two stores. He also said that getting a new GMTIIc is a matter of placing an order and at the most, a 3 week wait. His thoughts on the Pepsi GMTII is that any Rolex that has been popular and has a following, will be worth more to people later on now that they are not making them any longer. So I got the Pepsi, ordered an all black bezel for it and had them put it on for me. I like the watch with both bezels but the black is my fav. Just my 2 cents.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2008, 08:19 AM   #6
Magik

Watch: Sub-Date & GMT ll
I recently just got a Pepsi bezel GMT ll also. I just like the look and history behind it. I also heard that it's becoming more difficult to get and thus collectible. If it does, that's just icing on the cake. I get all my watches to wear and enjoy.
Magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2008, 09:48 AM   #7
kshooter3466

Watch: Rolex Submariner
I do believe I need to add the GMT II to my collection quickly!
kshooter3466 is offline   Reply With Quote