Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pdnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2019, 08:31 PM   #32
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtnator View Post
Can you say the same about the 932?
Maybe yes, maybe no, but I don’t think the 932 will have the same appreciation potential as the 690...

The 690 will always sell for at least 10% more than retail...

The 932 will be in a range of 10% discount to 10% premium, depending on condition and seller...

The differences in the PAMs make the 690 a clear winner...sunburst blue dial b gradient blue dial and gold hands v silver hands...

Even the writing in the dial is nicer on the 690
erik asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2019, 11:08 PM   #33
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik asher View Post
Maybe yes, maybe no, but I don’t think the 932 will have the same appreciation potential as the 690...

The 932 will be in a range of 10% discount to 10% premium, depending on condition and seller...

The differences in the PAMs make the 690 a clear winner...sunburst blue dial b gradient blue dial and gold hands v silver hands...

Thanks for the description of the differences. I didn’t realize the 932 has a gradient dial. It’s hard to see from the pictures. Can you describe the gradient part better? Is it still all blue or does it fade to black like the Deepsea Deep Blue?

gtnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2019, 11:21 PM   #34
pdnb
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5726, 5212
Panerai 690 or 946

Quote:

I think this is opinion

Old 8 June 2019, 01:24 AM   #35
shafran
"TRF" Member

The 932 and 946 are from the mediteraneo series

The blue is different than the standard blue that panerai uses. I had a 945, but I found I cant wear 45mm anymnore, so I got the 933. Same blue, beautiful in person.
shafran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2019, 05:33 AM   #36
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdnb View Post
I think this is opinion

Yes and no. While it is my opinion, it’s a pretty educated one. There is no doubt that gold hands are more desirable than silver hands. Whether you like the gradient t dial or sunburst dial more is a matter of opinion, but when you take supply and demand plus desirability into account, it would be a strange day for the 932 to ever trade more than a 690. Sorry.
Old 8 June 2019, 05:34 AM   #37
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the description of the differences. I didn’t realize the 932 has a gradient dial. It’s hard to see from the pictures. Can you describe the gradient part better? Is it still all blue or does it fade to black like the Deepsea Deep Blue?

It fades to a deeper blue, not black. The sunburst dial is markedly different.
Old 8 June 2019, 05:57 AM   #38
pdnb
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5726, 5212
Quote:
Yes and no. While it is my opinion, it’s a pretty educated one. There is no doubt that gold hands are more desirable than silver hands. Whether you like the gradient t dial or sunburst dial more is a matter of opinion, but when you take supply and demand plus desirability into account, it would be a strange day for the 932 to ever trade more than a 690. Sorry.

Don’t be sorry; it’s you opinion

Old 8 June 2019, 08:06 AM   #39
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdnb View Post
Don’t be sorry; it’s you opinion

Well, it’s kind of a fact...check out prices and see for yourself...

Not to mention, I haven’t met one person that would prefer a 932 over a 690 if prices were the same
Old 8 June 2019, 08:51 AM   #40
rebel_1
"TRF" Member

I just added a 932 today! The blue dial is amazing! Also, the watch wears more like my 233 did, but better. As for which is better or more desirable between the 690 & 932, I think I prefer the one on my wrist!!

While all hypotheticals are exactly that, I can tell you the opinion of the masses change like the weather. I had a 233 and wow did that bomb after a couple of years. I made up for it with my PP 5726/1a though! That watch went from an ugly duckling into a swan big time.
Old 8 June 2019, 12:26 PM   #41
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel_1 View Post
I just added a 932 today! The blue dial is amazing! Also, the watch wears more like my 233 did, but better. As for which is better or more desirable between the 690 & 932, I think I prefer the one on my wrist!!

While all hypotheticals are exactly that, I can tell you the opinion of the masses change like the weather. I had a 233 and wow did that bomb after a couple of years. I made up for it with my PP 5726/1a though! That watch went from an ugly duckling into a swan big time.
Congrats on your 932! It’s a beauty! Just out of curiosity, if you could have bought either the 690 or the 932 for the exact same price (in the exact same condition), which PAM would you have acquired and why?
Old 9 June 2019, 01:47 AM   #42
synequano
Banned

Personally I like 690 better than 932,but I prefer 47mm watch to have titanium case and screwbar not springbar (for extra security)
synequano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2019, 04:25 PM   #43
rebel_1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congrats on your 932! It’s a beauty! Just out of curiosity, if you could have bought either the 690 or the 932 for the exact same price (in the exact same condition), which PAM would you have acquired and why?
To be completely honest, I bought the 932 because I like it. I could buy just about any watch I want and I chose it. You sound like you’re missing your bridge.
Old 9 June 2019, 09:18 PM   #44
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
To be completely honest, I bought the 932 because I like it. I could buy just about any watch I want and I chose it. You sound like you’re missing your bridge.
I may be “missing my bridge,” whatever that means—but you are missing my point—the market is our best indicator of desirability.

Of course that may be an individual or two who claims to enjoy the 932 over the 690–like I said, the 932 is a beauty.

But given that there are 500 690s in production and only 388 932s, one has to admit that its interesting that the 690s are listed for 15-20% more than the 932s.

I think the market made its own bridge here.
Old 10 June 2019, 04:50 AM   #45
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
Quote:
the 932 is an amazing piece, glad you’re happy with her, no matter what others say.

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 01:53 PM   #46
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
Quote:

Congrats! Can you post some pics of your 932? Take a close up too. And where is the gradient? From most pics it looks like the center of the watch face is lighter blue and the outside is darker, is this correct? Could be shadows as well.
gtnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 03:18 PM   #47
rebel_1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congrats! Can you post some pics of your 932? Take a close up too. And where is the gradient? From most pics it looks like the center of the watch face is lighter blue and the outside is darker, is this correct? Could be shadows as well.
TBO, the Dial has an almost perfect color effect. The blue is almost always a 45* distortion. It looks exactly like the pictures. Black for the most part with some hint of blue. And that all changes with the way the light strikes it. It’s not anything like a Rolex blue dial. The blue seems to stay in the middle but depending on the light, it can take over much of the dial.

For a seemingly inferior watch it has some supreme features!
Old 10 June 2019, 09:34 PM   #48
ASW1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Look here https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...04&postcount=6
ASW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2019, 05:10 AM   #49
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
TBO, the Dial has an almost perfect color effect. The blue is almost always a 45* distortion. It looks exactly like the pictures. Black for the most part with some hint of blue. And that all changes with the way the light strikes it. It’s not anything like a Rolex blue dial. The blue seems to stay in the middle but depending on the light, it can take over much of the dial.

For a seemingly inferior watch it has some supreme features!
What do you mean by “a seemingly inferior watch?” I don’t understand that statement at all.
Old 11 June 2019, 06:59 AM   #50
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
[QUOTE=rebel_1;9712522
For a seemingly inferior watch it has some supreme features![/QUOTE]

touché....

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote