The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 June 2019, 02:15 AM   #1
Dimaxxxl
"TRF" Member

Talk me into an AP

I have been a long time lurker on this forum. I seldom post and rarely sell or trade anything. I have always been intrigued by AP and have recently been considering adding a ROO 42 Chrono to my collection. People are very opinionated about AP at both ends of the spectrum. I want to hear what people love about those ROO 42, the brand and experiences with the watches. Is there just a lot of hype around the brand right now or is it all warranted. I know service costs are really high and many have complaints about accuracy for the price point so I really want to know why people love them as much as they do and how people feel about the movements. I’m considering a watch with the 3126 in it. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dimaxxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2019, 03:26 AM   #2
aa909
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaxxxl View Post
I have been a long time lurker on this forum. I seldom post and rarely sell or trade anything. I have always been intrigued by AP and have recently been considering adding a ROO 42 Chrono to my collection. People are very opinionated about AP at both ends of the spectrum. I want to hear what people love about those ROO 42, the brand and experiences with the watches. Is there just a lot of hype around the brand right now or is it all warranted. I know service costs are really high and many have complaints about accuracy for the price point so I really want to know why people love them as much as they do and how people feel about the movements. I’m considering a watch with the 3126 in it. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

LOL!!

aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2019, 03:40 AM   #3
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
If you need to get "talked into an AP" or any watch for that matter, why would it be on your radar to pick up?
Old 17 June 2019, 03:43 AM   #4
Dimaxxxl
"TRF" Member

It was more a figure of speech. I like the look, I like the brand but have never owned one and wanted to get some peoples insight.

Old 17 June 2019, 04:12 AM   #5
bimmer101
"TRF" Member

Just try one on and you are sold

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
bimmer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2019, 05:05 AM   #6
porschejeff
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 228238
Very comfortable, great looking, great architecture, great history...what more do you need to convinced?
Rolex 116710 BLNR
And a few others...
porschejeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2019, 07:28 AM   #7
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Put one on your wrist and see how it makes you feel. You will definitely feel the quality that I can assure you. I prefer the RO or the 44 line to the 42mm but thats personal preference.

They have their quirks like many high end goods but after sales service from APSC clearwater is exemplary. 4 weeks door to door in most cases and they will send you a shipping kit with label if its under warranty.

My advice is to buy new and enjoy 5 years of worry free bliss.
Old 17 June 2019, 08:39 AM   #8
Burlington
"TRF" Member

As another member here points out when this comes up - think of the service price as a percentage of the cost of the watch and it is actually quite reasonable.

Having seen first hand the fabulous work they do in Clearwater - I can assure you the service price is nothing short of good value & I won’t be hesitating getting mine sent into AP when the time comes.

Ticking inside my diver is the basic three hand 3120 movement - accuracy is well within COSC, and despite it being a daily wearer for almost everything it’s never even flinched.

Top level haute horology on the inside and superb finishing and sporty design on the outside. Perfect combo for me !

I’ll let the pictures do some more talking:

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 01:30 AM   #9
Dimaxxxl
"TRF" Member

Thank you everyone for the great personal opinions.