The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 June 2019, 03:34 AM   #1
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Bergeon 7825 and Tudor BB

Question for members who are more experienced in the matter and sorry if the question has already been asked (I could not find it with the search function).

I have been unsuccessful at reinstalling the OEM bracelet onto the BB using the bergeon 7825 tool. Much to my chagrin, either the tool or I keep slipping during the process of inserting the end link in between the lugs. As I have been able to replicate this slipping multiple times, I have effectively stripped the ends of the spring bars.

I did notice that the stock prongs on the 7825 (they appear replaceable) are quite shallow and was wondering if there are other forks that I should replace them with for significant increase in my quality of life

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

AOW
kieselguhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2019, 08:25 AM   #2
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
I have yet to attempt to replace my Tudor BB bracket but several here have the Bergeon ones and say it’s makes replacing the bars easy and I have watched this vid https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XjEXjrHjffE and it appears easy but it’s always easy when watching
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2019, 04:24 PM   #3
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
You need to get the technique down.

It took me a while too.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 05:31 AM   #4
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys. You’re probably right about technique. Was just wondering if there was something purchasable to reduce slippage.

AOW
Old 18 June 2019, 06:17 AM   #5
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieselguhr View Post
Thanks guys. You’re probably right about technique. Was just wondering if there was something purchasable to reduce slippage.

AOW

I think it just takes practice, I am going to be ordering either the Bergeon or Horofix ones from Esslinger and if I find a trick to doing it I will post but thinking it just takes practice
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 06:55 AM   #6
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
This will make changing bands 500 times easier!

YOCTOSUN Head Mount Magnifier with 2 Led Professional Jeweler's Loupe Light Bracket and Headband are Interchangeable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H8808H6..._P3.bDb62BJ89P
antbkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 10:02 AM   #7
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbkny View Post
This will make changing bands 500 times easier!

YOCTOSUN Head Mount Magnifier with 2 Led Professional Jeweler's Loupe Light Bracket and Headband are Interchangeable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H8808H6..._P3.bDb62BJ89P

Funny, I have one. I use it for painting miniature scale models for tabletop I do use it for watch work as well. Excellent suggestion!

AOW
Old 22 June 2019, 02:51 AM   #8
RJK
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out for that tree!
Quote:
Question for members who are more experienced in the matter and sorry if the question has already been asked (I could not find it with the search function).

I have been unsuccessful at reinstalling the OEM bracelet onto the BB using the bergeon 7825 tool. Much to my chagrin, either the tool or I keep slipping during the process of inserting the end link in between the lugs. As I have been able to replicate this slipping multiple times, I have effectively stripped the ends of the spring bars.

I did notice that the stock prongs on the 7825 (they appear replaceable) are quite shallow and was wondering if there are other forks that I should replace them with for significant increase in my quality of life

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!AOW
I found installing the bracelet back to the head a little more fiddilly as well. For me adjusting the angle of the endlink to match the lug opening resulted in the slips.

It definitely takes practice but what made it easier for me was to use both hands on the bracelet/spring bar to make sure your forks are set correctly and then move the head to the bracelet rather than moving the bracelet to the head.

Until you get the hang of it, use tape to mask off the lugs.

Rolex SD 126600, Seiko Golden Tuna SBBN 040, PAM 579, JLC Master Compressor Diving Chrono GMT NS in Yellow, DSSD, Sinn U1000S, Doxa T-Graph, Doxa 750 Caribbean, PAM 190 "8-Days", PAM 162,TT DJ (Left to me by Dad)
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2019, 02:07 AM   #9
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
I found installing the bracelet back to the head a little more fiddilly as well. For me adjusting the angle of the endlink to match the lug opening resulted in the slips.

It definitely takes practice but what made it easier for me was to use both hands on the bracelet/spring bar to make sure your forks are set correctly and then move the head to the bracelet rather than moving the bracelet to the head.

Until you get the hang of it, use tape to mask off the lugs.

For me, the slips happen when I try to slot the endlink back in between the lugs.
I will definitely try your suggestion. Thank you

AOW
Old 28 June 2019, 03:39 AM   #10
Cryten
"TRF" Member

Quote:
For me, the slips happen when I try to slot the endlink back in between the lugs.
I will definitely try your suggestion. Thank you

AOW
It sounds like bad technique to me.

Get a case cushion and use the spring bar pliers to pin the end link down (like you're pinning a snake) and then remove or attach the watch head as necessary.

Don't try and do it in your hands, the forks barely engage the spring bar, you need constant downwards pressure to make sure they don't slip. The case cushion just gives you a little cushioning as the endlinks and case never sit level. A carefully folded polishing cloth works in a pinch, you just need to get the angles right or the forks will bind in the slot.

And if you need to tape the lugs, you're doing it wrong. The technique in that Youtube video is bad and is asking for trouble, his second attempt on the table was better but you saw how the endlink slipped out, on a case cushion it doesn't move. No chance of slipping.
Cryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2019, 09:54 AM   #11
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryten View Post
It sounds like bad technique to me.

Get a case cushion and use the spring bar pliers to pin the end link down (like you're pinning a snake) and then remove or attach the watch head as necessary.

Don't try and do it in your hands, the forks barely engage the spring bar, you need constant downwards pressure to make sure they don't slip. The case cushion just gives you a little cushioning as the endlinks and case never sit level. A carefully folded polishing cloth works in a pinch, you just need to get the angles right or the forks will bind in the slot.

And if you need to tape the lugs, you're doing it wrong. The technique in that Youtube video is bad and is asking for trouble, his second attempt on the table was better but you saw how the endlink slipped out, on a case cushion it doesn't move. No chance of slipping.

I definitely agree on bad technique as I am new at this. Believe it or not, I used silly putty as a base for the watch case while trying this and will now invest in the cushion you suggest.

AOW