The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 December 2017, 07:58 AM   #1
afoz02
"TRF" Member

16710 Pepsi Date After Service

An issue I wanted to run by the TRF community, hopefully you guys can provide some guidance!

I bought a 16710 off the forum about 4 years ago. Had always been one of my grail watches. Earlier this year I noticed it stopped keeping time well and late this summer it fully stopped. I sent it to the RSC for a service, they looked at it and said it'd just be a typical service, nothing extra or out of the ordinary was wrong.

Got it back about 6 weeks ago and notice now that the date window changes like an ETA movement...at about 10PM it starts moving and finally clicks over at about 11:30PM.

Have any of you experienced this before? It's obviously under warranty so I assume there's no charge to fix this right? And anyone who's experienced, is this an easy/short fix? I'd like to have the watch for the holidays.

Thanks!
afoz02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2017, 08:42 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Not unusual after a service. Fresh oil gets under the date wheel and introduced a bit of friction.

Usually it will even out over time or a few manual cycles of the wheel will do the trick. Personally, I think that it is not worth the trouble to send a watch back for this minor issue, but some folks do.
Old 15 December 2017, 11:08 AM   #3
afoz02
"TRF" Member

Interesting, didn't know that it was a common issue post service. Thanks, I'll hold on to it through the holidays and see if it fixes itself.

If it's truly bugging me I'll send it back. I mean...I can't have some watch snob glance over my shoulder between 10 and 11 and think I have some China made ETA fake rollie can I??
afoz02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2017, 06:43 PM   #4
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoz02 View Post
Interesting, didn't know that it was a common issue post service.
Me neither. When the time comes I'll use an independent (if they still exist) and that's saved some possible agro.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote