The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 February 2018, 05:05 AM   #9
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
they took a big hit. I sold my RG44, new dial. Personally i am not in the it has to be an investment camp. I just what availability. I expect to lose money when i sell so i try not to do it too often. Retail price drops are very bad though. That cant happen and still maintain any level of trust. Im sure its a big reason people dont pay retail and go grey.
I'm not in the investment camp, either, and am cognizant of the fact that nothing else I buy - shoes or suits or whatnot - has much, if any, resale value. Nonetheless, if the boutique is going to give me a hard time for "deal hunting" my reaction is going to be that I wouldn't worry about deals if their products held their value better. In a world of men and not octopuses, the few watches that I own at any given time will be decided to some extent by which best retain their value or are most gettable at a discount.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote