The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 8 December 2018, 12:42 AM   #1
Touring
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Icon5 FP Journe Resonance

I've been interested in him and the brand for a while, and am contemplating picking up a Resonance. However, this is big money (higher-end Patek territory) when new and unless we're talking about the ruthenium limited edition models, generally take a big hit in resale.

For any owners of this model, how was your ownership experience? Did you buy new or pre-owned? Still in love with the piece? Regrets?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2018, 08:35 AM   #2
eviperman
"TRF" Member

A Resonance is a core FP Journe piece and loved by many so you can't go wrong. I have a few versions and it's an amazing watch to wear, especially when traveling :)

Have you seen the NEW Resonance just announced in the last 2 days? It will be a 1 year model only so might be a great long term opportunity to own something quite rare and special.

Personally, I believe Resonance models do hold their value very well long term (pretty much all non-standard versions), as do most Journe pieces. The majority of the older FP Journe pieces sell above their original retail, so for current models, time will tell.

FP Journe makes amazing watches and offer many great options for collectors, especially the various Resonance models available in the market!
eviperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2018, 11:50 AM   #3
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

No regrets, continues to keep good time and in my opinion it's THE Journe to own. Some may say the Tourbillons are best representative of Journe but everyone makes a Tourbillon.

I bought mine used, as it's a brass movement from the original run of Resonances. This was well before Journe being on my radar and so I couldn't have purchased new. I was also seeking a 38mm case and so that immediately pushed me to look back to the earlier models.

If you go for a new / current / recent model without doubt seeking a grey/lightly used watch will save you significant dollars. Many of the older references has indeed increased in value but they still trade below the current retail price.

Good luck.
Jay (Eire) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 03:38 AM   #4
K2Luxury
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, FPJ + LF
Its the best FPJ to own if you dont want to make a hole in your pocket, otherwise its the platinum tourbillon

I wore it once and it was love at first sight...

Shaz
Old 9 December 2018, 03:51 AM   #5
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviperman View Post
A Resonance is a core FP Journe piece and loved by many so you can't go wrong. I have a few versions and it's an amazing watch to wear, especially when traveling :)

Have you seen the NEW Resonance just announced in the last 2 days? It will be a 1 year model only so might be a great long term opportunity to own something quite rare and special.

Personally, I believe Resonance models do hold their value very well long term (pretty much all non-standard versions), as do most Journe pieces. The majority of the older FP Journe pieces sell above their original retail, so for current models, time will tell.

FP Journe makes amazing watches and offer many great options for collectors, especially the various Resonance models available in the market!
That’s great I missed the news. Sounds like a great opportunity

The current regular production resonance is difficult to read the left parking meter side. According to boutique not selling as well as previous. This latest release is a nice surprise and supports that statement. .
Old 9 December 2018, 06:44 AM   #6
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
That’s great I missed the news. Sounds like a great opportunity

The current regular production resonance is difficult to read the left parking meter side. According to boutique not selling as well as previous. This latest release is a nice surprise and supports that statement. .
And you own the perfect example!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 06:54 AM   #7
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Looks pretty stunning.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 11:38 AM   #8
subtona
"TRF" Member